Any Lancashire CCC members on this forum? | Vital Football

Any Lancashire CCC members on this forum?

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Might be writing to an echo chamber here but I was wondering if any Lancashire County Cricket Club members are on this forum?

If so, you may be aware that an SGM has been called for October 12th, where a number of resolutions have been put forward related to the recently released high performance review and Lancs Cricket in general.

All members have a right to vote and I'll be voting FOR the proposed resolutions. I hope any members on here will do the same. Make no mistake, the future of the club depends on it. Long live county cricket!

Lancashire Cricket Club are asking members to vote AGAINST the proposed resolutions ?
https://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/sgm/
Would advise you to give this a read below which explains all you need to know.

https://lancsactiongroup.com/sgm-called-12th-october

Basically the club (or rather the people in power at the club) want you to vote against the resolutions at it greatly reduces their control at Lancashire cricket. They are in favour of a significant reduction to County Cricket, giving them more freedom to host more franchise cricket and concerts at Old Trafford. Meanwhile, Lancashire members are set to lose potentially up to 14 days cricket.

However, the members, who own Lancashire CCC are no longer willing to be trampled over. They have called this SGM to take back control of their club from the parasites who currently run it. They've been derided by the people in charge at Lancashire, brushed aside as a "noisy minority". Well I'll be backing them all the way and voting FOR the proposed resolutions.

Anything that strengthens Lancashire cricket and keeps the integrity of the County Championship would get my vote.

More power to em….though to my shame I‘ve not been to a Lancashire match since several I attended in the 70’s when I was a teenager ….been a good few times since but only to Test matches and the odd ODI.

I still follow the County scores and for the life of me can’t grasp the abomination that is ‘The Hundred’ ….What does it do that T20 doesn’t ?
other than making the batters (‘batters’ FFS :shake:) look like US baseball posers.

More power to em….though to my shame I‘ve not been to a Lancashire match since several I attended in the 70’s when I was a teenager ….been a good few times since but only to Test matches and the odd ODI.

I still follow the County scores and for the life of me can’t grasp the abomination that is ‘The Hundred’ ….What does it do that T20 doesn’t ?
other than making the batters (‘batters’ FFS :shake:) look like US baseball posers.
What 'The Hundred' does is give the ECB a financial asset (they own all eight teams) and more control over domestic cricket in England. Their plan will be to sell off all the teams to private owners in the next few years. The competition will then expand, the ECB gets richer and the counties get poorer and weaker.

On a sidenote, this will significantly weaken the England team as the owners who buy the teams will be IPL franchises who already own teams in South Africa, West Indies and the UAE to name a few countries. We're moving rapidly towards a sport where franchise will rule over country as those franchises will offer the best players millions to sign multi-year contracts to play for their teams in those respective tournaments.

What 'The Hundred' does is give the ECB a financial asset (they own all eight teams) and more control over domestic cricket in England. Their plan will be to sell off all the teams to private owners in the next few years. The competition will then expand, the ECB gets richer and the counties get poorer and weaker.

On a sidenote, this will significantly weaken the England team as the owners who buy the teams will be IPL franchises who already own teams in South Africa, West Indies and the UAE to name a few countries. We're moving rapidly towards a sport where franchise will rule over country as those franchises will offer the best players millions to sign multi-year contracts to play for their teams in those respective tournaments.

Jesus !…and I thought football was at risk from overseas corporate chancers …stuffing their pockets while destroying the core of the sport …there’s a lot of it about !

Seeing as though I love 4 day game - why would I vote to reduce it. How are we going to produce quality test players if we are only playing 10 County games a year. Get rid of 100 - just a gimmick. Refuse to support a team with Manchester in name. Should have called it North West Originals.
If you want a quality test team to keep ashes exciting you have to have the production line of players.