Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread

Was Conte's time as head coach a success/failure?

• Success

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Neither - just more wasted time

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Tbh Paraticis transfers on the whole have been quite good.

Gollini obviously isn't going to make it. Emerson is no good at RWB but he was bought to be a RB.

Romero does have the odd mistake in him but he's a CB unlike any I've seen before. He's incredibly mobile and appears to read the game better than Toby did (just doesn't have the same distribution).

I'm not convinced by Sarr but both Bentancur and Kulu look to be exciting prospects. The former appears to be a steal.

We had this issue with Maureen and Poch before, much in the same way that Leeds are struggling with Bielsa. Managers who rely too much on a style of play rather than adapting to suit the best use of personnel. When these managers are at a top team with endless resource, it doesn't matter as the holes get patched up. We are obviously financially restricted so we need a manager to be adaptable or for para to pull off insane market moves.
A very good post there Barnsley, wholly agree.

Jesus what can be said that hasn't already been said, the only thing that stands out for me is....4 coaches same players, we really have to think about that.

For me there is a rather "smelly stench of rot" coming our of the dressing room...still!

I'll stand by what I've said for a while. The key appointment is Fabio, not Conte. That is the one that we better have got right. 1st team coaches can be transient but the MDoF has to be underpinning our club with the right strategy and decisions, knowing that our chairman has no natural football smarts.

I've just read 3 pages of posts and yet nobody has mentioned the major surgery of churning this squad with outgoings. Just look at this list:

GK - Hart, Gazza
Def - Aurier, Toby, Foyth, Rose,
Mid - Sissoko, Dele
Fwd - Lamela
Loans - Gio, Tanguy

Fabio is undertaking a major operation on a broken squad, Most of those players were the older players, who were the problem in the culture and ability of the squad. He needs to be single minded in continuing with this process as he might not even be half way yet. The process never finishes either if you want to be winners.

Quite frankly, if Antonio can't take the heat or is not up for this tough journey, then he is no different from some of the players that took to the pitch on a wet, windy night in Burnley.

It doesn't matter what manager we have or what style he prefers, Kane is the focus. Conte's joke about being able to make a mistake on your wife but not your striker or goal keeper is telling.

I can't stand Pep but he plays a team/squad game better than anyone, largely due to his available players but still.

We are still only 8 months into Paratici's tenure so judging our progress in the acquisition department when we are still revamping the scouting system is premature to say the least.

We are in survival mode still, grasping for top 4 with whatever deals we CAN do while we stabilize and build out the scouting acquisition structure to take us to the next level.

It will take some time but we are seeing signs of appropriate acquisitions instead of "shiny things" that Levy used to chase. Even if Paratici's current crop aren't at the level we would like or eventually need we are going in the right direction.

I am just getting fed up with managers who come in saying they are with it and then being more worried about their image than the club. Sadly, Nuno wasn't like that but he obviously didn't have the abilities needed either.

We need the second coming of Pochettino without the mental instability. So answer this: Who in the hell fits that description?

It doesn't matter what manager we have or what style he prefers, Kane is the focus. Conte's joke about being able to make a mistake on your wife but not your striker or goal keeper is telling.

I can't stand Pep but he plays a team/squad game better than anyone, largely due to his available players but still.

We are still only 8 months into Paratici's tenure so judging our progress in the acquisition department when we are still revamping the scouting system is premature to say the least.

We are in survival mode still, grasping for top 4 with whatever deals we CAN do while we stabilize and build out the scouting acquisition structure to take us to the next level.

It will take some time but we are seeing signs of appropriate acquisitions instead of "shiny things" that Levy used to chase. Even if Paratici's current crop aren't at the level we would like or eventually need we are going in the right direction.

I am just getting fed up with managers who come in saying they are with it and then being more worried about their image than the club. Sadly, Nuno wasn't like that but he obviously didn't have the abilities needed either.

We need the second coming of Pochettino without the mental instability. So answer this: Who in the hell fits that description?

Potter

Bentancur can only be considered a 'top signing' on the basis of experience and profile, not by virtue of anything he's proven with us over one and a half games so far, that's far too early to grant him 'success' status.
At this stage for me he still has as much to prove as Gollini, Sarr, Emerson and Kulu, probably more so insofar as he's a high profile signing who comes with higher expectations.

His transfer fee is half of Kulu, and less than Emerson.

Still, I agree, he too has everything to prove, but we're used to players coming in and given 3 years to underperform, it's refreshing to see a player showing his quality from the get go.

I'll stand by what I've said for a while. The key appointment is Fabio, not Conte. That is the one that we better have got right. 1st team coaches can be transient but the MDoF has to be underpinning our club with the right strategy and decisions, knowing that our chairman has no natural football smarts.

I've just read 3 pages of posts and yet nobody has mentioned the major surgery of churning this squad with outgoings. Just look at this list:

GK - Hart, Gazza
Def - Aurier, Toby, Foyth, Rose,
Mid - Sissoko, Dele
Fwd - Lamela
Loans - Gio, Tanguy

Fabio is undertaking a major operation on a broken squad, Most of those players were the older players, who were the problem in the culture and ability of the squad. He needs to be single minded in continuing with this process as he might not even be half way yet. The process never finishes either if you want to be winners.

Quite frankly, if Antonio can't take the heat or is not up for this tough journey, then he is no different from some of the players that took to the pitch on a wet, windy night in Burnley.

Fabio has got a massive job but although I was very happy with his appointment I am now questioning him massively. He has maybe got one thing right and that's Romero but Gil, and Emerson look waste of money and the jury is out on Dejan and Rodrigo. His appointment of Nuno was a joke and sacking him 3 months later was embarrassing. The appointment of Conte was desperation he wanted a big name but got a big name but not one who could work with the youth and under our financial constraints. He doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the team and seems to be losing the plot. Questioning his ability and the teams. In private have these words not in a interview.

Sounded to me like a realisation that he can't achieve what he wants with this group of players and the board have to make a decision....either back him or sack him.

Well shit I have said for years that we can't get where we want to be with this lot of players...I mean shit...we need a manager that is ready and willing to accept a rebuild project.

That's exactly what we need, and it looks like it may have to be sooner rather than later. We could do worse than go back to Southampton. Hassenhutl has improved year by year there, plays attractive football, and as far as temperament is concerned, he took some terrible hidings in his early days at Saints, learnt from them, moved on and improved. I think that he's ready for a step up, if he considers us to be that.

That's exactly what we need, and it looks like it may have to be sooner rather than later. We could do worse than go back to Southampton. Hassenhutl has improved year by year there, plays attractive football, and as far as temperament is concerned, he took some terrible hidings in his early days at Saints, learnt from them, moved on and improved. I think that he's ready for a step up, if he considers us to be that.

The second coming of Poch can't and won't fix this mess.
Poch was very much the right man to manage a group of players that were approaching their peak in terms of age and ability.
Poch refused to sign a player for 2/3 windows as there wern't any that could improve the squad (or at least none that Levy would pay for) apparently!

Those years were the best in my torturous 40+ years as a Spurs fan but if you could imagine a chart where there is a line to indicate the steady increase of players form and another line to indicate the rise in 'togetherness' along with Poch and his loving arms around them all, then that is what we got to enjoy for 4/5 seasons but even that fell apart, just as soon as the rot set in.

So you can dream of this or that manager to fix it, but as I said before Nuno, the problem is much bigger and more complex than the manager.

Last edited: