Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread

Was Conte's time as head coach a success/failure?

• Success

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Neither - just more wasted time

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Much like Mourinho, Conte will either be a big success or another flop. This isn't a project hire where there can be a middle ground.

Conte is a recently successful coach though, unlike Mourinho.
It's the key difference this time, I agree.

Levy must be having nightmares already at the thought of the battles ahead with Conte. If this doesn't persuade him to move completely away from the football side of affairs nothing will.

Am i the only spurs fan who cant remember what it felt like to be proud of Spurs? Even when we got to the CL final it felt like we had somehow cheated our way there. We were playing shite and Poch had let the team go backwards for over 12 months. JM, well the least said the better. Nuno :-(

I reckon i havent felt good about Spurs for nearly 4 years and its starting to hurt

There’s no denying the calibre of the guy, but we need to overhaul the playing personnel otherwise nothing will change. He’s more tactically astute than Nuno so there’s a big plus already. I just hope he can mold the current players to his style until we get the dross out.

Am i the only spurs fan who cant remember what it felt like to be proud of Spurs? Even when we got to the CL final it felt like we had somehow cheated our way there. We were playing shite and Poch had let the team go backwards for over 12 months. JM, well the least said the better. Nuno :-(

I reckon i havent felt good about Spurs for nearly 4 years and its starting to hurt

I really get it, I think for only the second, perhaps the third time in my life I actually woke on Sunday pretty much feeling very depressed.

That feeling hasn't completely gone away yet, but the swiftness of Paraticci's movement to sack Nuno and move for a proper manager has made me feel 100% better, he is a recent winner and as mad a box of wasps that have had sticks stuck in their nest.

he might just be exactly what we need.

Ironically, when Conte won the league with Chelsea on 93 points, Spurs came second with 86, 8 above 3rd. That was our best season before falling quickly down to the 60 point level.

Dele Alli's 2 headed goals from Eriksen's crosses against Conte's Chelsea. We all believed then. Then Walker left, and the summer of 2017 was a big transfer mess with no net spending. It was hard to enjoy it as much after that.

You're right. It's about 4 years.

I really get it, I think for only the second, perhaps the third time in my life I actually woke on Sunday pretty much feeling very depressed.

That feeling hasn't completely gone away yet, but the swiftness of Paraticci's movement to sack Nuno and move for a proper manager has made me feel 100% better, he is a recent winner and as mad a box of wasps that have had sticks stuck in their nest.

he might just be exactly what we need.

As with every manager he will get my support. I bet the training ground will be a fun place to be. No cameras needed we should be able to see the fireworks going off from miles around :-)

I can't think of many stranger things than us winning the league next season Sheringham.
I can't think of many stranger things than us winning the league next season Sheringham.

After these past 2 years Gary??

Plenty of stranger things.

Anyway, let a guy dream a little will ya?

I always like to get a bit excited at each false dawn lol

I am not a fan. Yes he is more astute than Nuno but he is not the style of manager that plays good football. Not looking forward to even more defensive football

"You don't eat at a €100 restaurant with only €10 in your pocket". To quote the man himself.

He will have been promised signings. If he doesn't get them and he feels at any point he isn't being given the tools he requires to succeed, he won't hesitate to leave.
I'm looking forward to the first 'we couldn't quite get it over the line' moment.

Who says he's been promised 3 or 4 players?

I can promise you this Conte will not be going into this job blind, he'll have asked and be told who we're tracking and what we think our odds of getting them are, and when.

This will be part of Conte's decision-making process, so assuming he does sign the deal, it could well be a sign of validation of those targets.