Another Signing Today? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Another Signing Today?

From Stagsnet (of Payne and Grant)

Two players who are the polar opposites of 'Lincoln type players'. Interesting to see if The Cowleys can adapt.

From previous comments around here he strikes me as a very similar player to Payne, maybe a bit more adept at playing out wide though. Attitude been questioned a couple of times just like Payne but we'll see if he's a real winner or whiner from August.

I expect the fee to be nominal with either add-ons or sell-ons.

I think in general a good signing.

I don't think we've signed a player yet who's made me think someone is definitely on their way. Whilst I don't think either were cheap I don't think they're budget breakers or on money we don't have.

Hope he puts in more of a shift than he did at Mansfield. Mind you, it’s hardly inspiring getting sent there is it?

Not your average beasts and monsters!

Dont think we're going to be seeing 'typical' Lincoln this season though like last season it will take the rest of the world time to recognise that. Evolution verging on revolution continues.

Interesting that Grant is a permanent signing - the Cowleys' due diligence is always exceptional before handing out a contract so the perceived 'attitude' will have been closely scrutinised, I think we have a gem.

Are people expecting Bruno or A N Other to leave to balance the books or the squad ie surplus to requirements.

Mansfield were actually praising our football after the game at their place. Interesting signing I do agree with DC that when teams sit back we do find it hard to break them down.

3/4 more needed?

I think the stagsnet comment above is fairly fair. Think it more refers to mentality, Payne and Grant have both been accused of being supremely talented but potential sulkers. Danny and Nicky have often showed willingness to bring in a couple of players with baggage if counterbalance by the likes of Rhead, Boz, O’C, Eardley, Shackell etc

When I posted the other day about having a "feeling", it was more than that. I'd been told something.

So, maybe today will be the day we make another signing?

Remember to let us all know next time you have one of these feelings.