Another Signing Today? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Another Signing Today?

Morrell, Payne, Grant.

Suggests a further playing style evolve (not that anyone other than us believed that last season...) and more 'ball carriers' through the centre of the pitch as well, which we lacked last season.

Sounds like it might be an incentive based fee? Probably low fee and high sell-on?

Fee based on appearances and success next season according to the Echo article. Sounds like nothing much up front.

Morrell, Payne, Grant.

Suggests a further playing style evolve (not that anyone other than us believed that last season...) and more 'ball carriers' through the centre of the pitch as well, which we lacked last season.

Sounds like it might be an incentive based fee? Probably low fee and high sell-on?
"Lincolnshire Live understands the move represents a good deal for the Imps, as the potential fee for Grant is thought to relate to appearances and the Imps’ success this season, rather than an up front payment."

EDIT - Skip beat me to it!

I’m beginning to think that we were in control of the chain and maybe a deal is done on the exit of either H or Brunsky but only going to happen once we got Payne and Grant.
If anything is imminent, I doubt anyone we're likely to be selling will be involved tomorrow so team selections might tell us something.

Well I don't know anything about coaching footballers but the Cowleys do know a thing or two about that so it is safe to say that Sky along with the other know all pundits will be changing their long ball clichés this coming season. Or alternatively they stick with it and sound more ridiculous than they did last year.

I'm getting more and more convinced we are going without natural wingers as our chosen formation next season. Either wing backs or alternatively two sitting midfielders giving the full backs full licence to fly forward and provide the width. Fascinating stuff.

Your theory could be true,and you have mentioned it before.

What about the view that we have done a top dollar deal for Big John and he is heading off to the Championship?(subsidising all these other new signings)

What about the view that we have done a top dollar deal for Big John and he is heading off to the Championship?(subsidising all these other new signings)
Somebody is definitely going or DC has pulled off the mother of lowering expectations to other clubs and agents regarding our budget.

Somebody is definitely going or DC has pulled off the mother of lowering expectations to other clubs and agents regarding our budget.

My expression to cover these events is:

"DC is hoovering up potential."

If Big John leaves then Pepperdines on Sincil Street are going to see their takings drastically reduced.
the departure has got to be Bruno or H................OR BOTH?

I think maybe Bruno wil go. Hoping Toffolo stays was so consistent last year and another year at the club would be good for him

Well it would seem one or two or maybe three big players may be having their chains pulled and on their way upwards.
If so, I do hope we get proper value for them for a change, and water-tight sell-on clauses where necessary.
Championship and beyond only deal in multi-millions these days, and that is the kind of money we should not be afraid to be moving towards.

Bruno to Reading maybe ? One last look and a club he may get game time for and not sat on the bench . Just a thought

I am not convinced anyone is leaving. I believe this is the board backing the ambition of DC/NC. I also think if someone does leave it will be because the offer was to good to be turned down and DC/NC will want a further replacement.

There is that of course, especially if we can attract the much hoped for "new" investment.