Another season in the Championship | Vital Football

Another season in the Championship

ZedRed

Vital Football Legend
So we've inevitably lost the Playoff final against Huddersfield partially due to buckling under the pressure and partially due to some suspect refereeing decisions.

We lose Samba, Spence, Worrall, McKenna, Lowe, Yates, Zinckernagel, Garner, Johnson and Davis and it's back to the drawing board.

We don't get as lucky with the next batch of players to replace the outgoing. We have a slow start to the season but after the new players finally gelling, a late push sees us just miss out on the Playoffs.

Cooper gets poached by a Prem team and we spend the next 20 years dicking around with wank managers and fail to make the PL in anyone on here's lifetime.

THE END

I believe we keep Samba and McKenna sand would also keep Lowe and Zinc if we want to. For me it’s a no to Lowe and a yes to Zinc.

davis is 50/50
Give Grabs another year

I think whatever happens losing Coopz is looking increasingly inevitable.

Word down here is Liverpoo board & trustees are taking an increasing interest & are moving further away from Slippy G. Though obviously Klopp isn’t going anywhere short to medium term.

Word down here is Liverpoo board & trustees are taking an increasing interest & are moving further away from Slippy G. Though obviously Klopp isn’t going anywhere short to medium term.

I would wank myself dry if they appointed Slippy Me.

We only keep Cooper for more than a season if we go up. Even then, if the right job comes up he may well go earlier but we may get a season or two first.

So we've inevitably lost the Playoff final against Huddersfield partially due to buckling under the pressure and partially due to some suspect refereeing decisions.

We lose Samba, Spence, Worrall, McKenna, Lowe, Yates, Zinckernagel, Garner, Johnson and Davis and it's back to the drawing board.

We don't get as lucky with the next batch of players to replace the outgoing. We have a slow start to the season but after the new players finally gelling, a late push sees us just miss out on the Playoffs.

Cooper gets poached by a Prem team and we spend the next 20 years dicking around with wank managers and fail to make the PL in anyone on here's lifetime.

THE END

(That's the spirit)

We only keep Cooper for more than a season if we go up. Even then, if the right job comes up he may well go earlier but we may get a season or two first.

if we go up & make a half decent start he’ll be gone when the managerial merry go round kicks off. I’m pretty sure if we don’t go up Norwich Will already be looking at him and the only reason Burnley aren’t is he’ll cost them money & he’ll want money to spend, WBA certainly will.

if we go up & make a half decent start he’ll be gone when the managerial merry go round kicks off. I’m pretty sure if we don’t go up Norwich Will already be looking at him and the only reason Burnley aren’t is he’ll cost them money & he’ll want money to spend, WBA certainly will.
Zero of the above scenario's have any chance of happening at all.

THE END
This is even more pessimistic than my post. But it is a reality check on the importance of Sunday for this club.

Either way it will be a massive rebuilding exercise next season, depending on which pond we are in.

Our difference now is that we are professionally run, with a proper management structure, rather than a headless chicken, scatter gun approach.

When Billy got us this far we felt the loss of Huckerby. There was always an issue.
But I said if Davis is fit we win. Davis is an animal at this level, and capable of ripping any defence/team at this level apart.

Davis is back, fit, with Sturrage as backup 20 mins.

COYR

Why would he take sideways or backwards moves to join those clubs?

He is going to get a reasonable PL job as his next, which hopefully won't be necessary as he will have turn us into one by then.

THE END
Don't see us necessarily challenging next season; not sure why we would imagine we'd challenge for the playoff given the churn of players.

Could go either way- absolutely brilliant and go one step further, or shrink back.

Don't think we would necessarily lose McKenna or Samba but there will be a lot of players to replace.

However, we have Panzo and Soh to step up in defence and Ojeda and Fornah in midfield. You would hope that Lareya will be competent if not season changing.

Mighten needs a big season.

I think some are overlooking the fact that Cooper actually genuinely loves it here, both Forest and the City. He views this as his dream job and he’s here until at least his contract runs out. True it’s going to be inevitable that “bigger” clubs will be interested in him particularly if the success at Forest continues and this is why I hope Forest offer him a five year contract that he can’t refuse. Clough was always threatening to leave when his contract was coming up for renewal and he always got a new deal with improved terms. He did this for 18 years. Let’s make Cooper a new offer right now.

Don't see us necessarily challenging next season; not sure why we would imagine we'd challenge for the playoff given the churn of players.

Could go either way- absolutely brilliant and go one step further, or shrink back.

Don't think we would necessarily lose McKenna or Samba but there will be a lot of players to replace.

However, we have Panzo and Soh to step up in defence and Ojeda and Fornah in midfield. You would hope that Lareya will be competent if not season changing.

Mighten needs a big season.

Panzo might be interesting, but not really seeing the rest as anything better than mid-to-lower table.

We would challenge for the Playoffs as we have the best manager.

I know being a Forest fan has been tough for 20 odd years or more but I don’t understand some of the negativity on here at times. Enjoy the moment chaps. We will get a new main stand, Cooper will continue to drive the club forward, our academy will continue to produce world class talent, we’re one win away from the premier league, if we don’t win on Sunday and lose most of the current squad Cooper and his coaching staff will assemble a promotion challenging squad during the summer and we will continue to be one of the best supported teams in the country. What’s not to like?

The only managers who don’t tend to move are those who are already at successful clubs and even then, they get sacked every so often. I love the optimism but unless Cooper has no ambition at all he will be looking upwards.

For as long as we can match his ambitions then he will stay but do you seriously think Premier League clubs at all levels won’t have noticed him?

I know being a Forest fan has been tough for 20 odd years or more but I don’t understand some of the negativity on here at times. Enjoy the moment chaps. We will get a new main stand, Cooper will continue to drive the club forward, our academy will continue to produce world class talent, we’re one win away from the premier league, if we don’t win on Sunday and lose most of the current squad Cooper and his coaching staff will assemble a promotion challenging squad during the summer and we will continue to be one of the best supported teams in the country. What’s not to like?

Since Des Walker, can you actually name one world class player our academy (and even in his case, I'm not even sure how long he was in it, as he was essentially a Sours product) has produced?

I guess Clough, Crossley, Stone, Jenas, Dawson and Bamford weren't too shabby, but still far from world class.