Another one bites the dust! (pt II) | Page 11 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not suprised at all they've spent decent money and recruited well but results have been dreadful.

A decent manager should comfortably pull them clear of relegation trouble.

So that's Millwall, Barnsley, Reading and Sunderland plus Stoke apparently although Jones clinging on for now looking for managers. By time we make the call the rich picking we could've tapped into a month ago may be already gone.

I can see Rowett and Adkins definitely going to one of those clubs.

Definitely a chain reaction taking effect. I suspect the decision makers have seen Huddersfield win two on the bounce under their new managers and promptly pushed the button. Now them and Stoke are no longer relegation fodder, it’s only a matter of time before they are dragged in.

Adkins has already been and failed at Reading. Mark Hughes is currently favourite (the poor bastards). You’d suspect Millwall fits a Rowett type manager. God knows who Barnsley will get. As a prospective manager, I wouldn’t touch them, surely relegation certainties.

Definitely a chain reaction taking effect. I suspect the decision makers have seen Huddersfield win two on the bounce under their new managers and promptly pushed the button. Now them and Stoke are no longer relegation fodder, it’s only a matter of time before they are dragged in.

Adkins has already been and failed at Reading. Mark Hughes is currently favourite (the poor bastards). You’d suspect Millwall fits a Rowett type manager. God knows who Barnsley will get. As a prospective manager, I wouldn’t touch them, surely relegation certainties.
That will be Barnsley who but for better finishing and despite 5 first teamers out would have beaten us at home ? ?

I can see someone like Mike Flynn or Sol Campbell fancying the Barnsley job if any of the bigger names don't fancy it. I think either of those could be a decent appointment for them.

Jack Ross has made a right mess there not getting them prompoted last season with the squad he had.

Sunderland were allegedly sniffing around Cook last time. Not sure if they'd still fancy him but could be a good move for all parties if they still had interest.

Currently not in the running at the moment Keane the favourite as it stands, along with Stendel who just left Barnsley and Rowett a few names in the frame.

Cooks 4/1 2nd favourite with Sky Bet for the Sunderland job. Just behind Gareth Ainsworth.

That will be Barnsley who but for better finishing and despite 5 first teamers out would have beaten us at home ? ?
Scary isn’t it? That was the game for me that broke my defence of Cook. I’d been behind him up to that point. Then went on holiday and my next game was Fulham where we were even worse, then Birmingham where once again we were shit. Nothing has changed, players’ confidence are at rock bottom (Lowe, Moore) and this manager is out of ideas and his depth.

The Barnsley job would be far too difficult for a Flynn/Campbell in the same way our job would. No experienced manager will want it so I can only see them going the random foreign route like they did Stendel. Boom or bust.

Whilst we have precious breathing space between us and the bottom three we‘ll have a chance of getting a decent name in. But once we drop in, you can forget it.

Last edited:
From Sunderland’s point of view Cook would look a good appointment. He got us up at the first attempt and kept us there. Maybe that would be best all round as we’d get some compo rather than having to pay out if he was sacked. I do wonder who we’d get to replace him if he goes though. There aren’t really many options out there who I think would be able to enable us to kick on.

Not suprised at all they've spent decent money and recruited well but results have been dreadful.

A decent manager should comfortably pull them clear of relegation trouble.

So that's Millwall, Barnsley, Reading and Sunderland plus Stoke apparently although Jones clinging on for now looking for managers. By time we make the call the rich picking we could've tapped into a month ago may be already gone.

I can see Rowett and Adkins definitely going to one of those clubs.
What about Phil Parkinson?

From Sunderland’s point of view Cook would look a good appointment. He got us up at the first attempt and kept us there. Maybe that would be best all round as we’d get some compo rather than having to pay out if he was sacked. I do wonder who we’d get to replace him if he goes though. There aren’t really many options out there who I think would be able to enable us to kick on.
And yet people are calling for Cook's head.

Cooks 4/1 2nd favourite with Sky Bet for the Sunderland job. Just behind Gareth Ainsworth.
If they make an approach we could get a griggesque fee again now that would be a result. Mug off the makems take 2 and invest in a proven champ manager with the dough

Who shipped 5 at nob end beat Fulham first game
I know, however was pointing out the obvious that despite a weakened team they were better than us on the day - we also shipped 3 at nob end and easily could have been 5 and lost weakly against Fulham. When teams, who by your own eyes based on game at home are clearly better set up than our team, are sacking their manager what does that tell you about Cook and the blindness of our executive team ?

Phil Parkinson and Nigel Adkins seem to be the ones being talked about favourably on the Sunderland message boards. A few dreamers think Allardyce will come back, but unless there's oodles of cash to splash, he wont return.

Phil Parkinson and Nigel Adkins seem to be the ones being talked about favourably on the Sunderland message boards. A few dreamers think Allardyce will come back, but unless there's oodles of cash to splash, he wont return.

If i was Sunderland i'd try to get Adkins, but if they want Cook (and i'm hoping they will) and he wants to go I'd not even ask for compo just let him leave by mutual consent.

What about Phil Parkinson?

Can't see Parkinson appealing to any of them - he's a good L1 manager but not a Champiosnhip manager so i dont think anyone at this level would want him and I can see Sunderland trying for someone else as there are better names available they'd likely attract.

Next Reading: Mark Hughes - evens with bookies. I don't know how that would pan out, was a very good manager in the past but it went very sour at Stoke and the Southampton fans said he was terrible for them. If i was Reading i'd probably look elsewhere personally.

Next Millwall manager: Rowett - evens with bookies. That would be bad news for us even taking out the prospect of us potentially wanting to hire him - he'd drag them well clear of relegation fight.

Next Barnsley manager: Bobby Hassell favourite at 2/1 (currently academy manager) with another internal appointment and 2 German names the next favourites. Unknown quantities can go either way

Next Sunderland manager: Gareth Ainsworth at 5/2, Cook and Strendel at 5/1. Only way this effects us is if they fancy Cook. But if they are keen on Strendel and there is no compo or negotiation with another club that could be the option they go with but Cook going there i think would be a good move all round at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.