Another Dark Side of Football | Page 3 | Vital Football

Another Dark Side of Football

Wipe your cock around their mugs and pop the tea stations teaspoon up your grinner

Also silent farts as you walk by them will work wonders. Eat plenty of pickled onions and mince meat dishes

That's old skool stuff, and anyway I refer you to the state of the toilets, shit and piss doesn't bother them.

What does bother them is installing a key logger, hacking their Facebook and Instagram accounts and posting unfiltered selfies, social media terrorism.

Radford, I really can't ever see you being cantankerous no matter how hard you try. I think the point I was probably trying to make is that life seemed to be much more serious in days gone by. Oddly enough it was this same lads birthday yesterday and we were there for a BBQ, he'd already picked up another job and we all had a good night.
And in spite of some differences he and I get on very well and always have done, in fact when he was a small boy I used to take him to his game of choice, NRL unfortunately.
But you're right times are changing faster than ever and it's to be expected that styles and attitudes will change with them.

:14:

wesimmo - 8/11/2017 19:18

Calvin Plummer - 6/11/2017 17:43

Even assuming everything you say is true, whose responsibility was it to educate and nurture that generation? To create a society that instilled a sense of purpose and strength within them? Surely the failure is ours?

TBF, in my experience, much of what he says is true.

I indirectly oversee roughly 1,200 staff in a call centre, predominantly the 18-30 age group and their work ethic is shocking.

On average 10% and higher of them don't turn up for work, and a large proportion of those who do turn up do so on their terms, ignoring their shift patterns and just going on breaks when they feel like it, taking 20 minutes for a piss etc etc.

They'll walk out of a job halfway through a day on a regular basis just because they've been mildly reprimanded.

They'll give horrendous abuse to the security guards who legitimately challenge them about parking, entering the building without a pass or using mobile phones on the call centre floor.

You think the toilets at Forest at half time are bad? You should see the state people leave them in what is supposed to be a professional environment.

The question, as you rightly ask, is why do they feel they can be that way?

I don't know the specific causes, but certainly the generation before have a massive, if not total, responsibility for it, we're the ones who raised them and created today's society.

I also know my sister gave up teaching, in part due to a lack of respect from parents who will not except that little Chardonnay could ever be wrong and will not reinforce any discipline the school tries to instill in them.

You can boil it down to this wes- why should they make an effort for a system and older generations who take the piss out of them and are destroying the planet to boot?

What began as a decline in deference and a rise in challenging the mainstream became the turn on, tune in, drop out. snowflakes have cottoned on quick but can't do much more than not give a shit.

If people don't believe in or respect their society then they won't participate.

wow going deep this evening

Apollyon - 8/11/2017 22:42

Its posts like that, that really whack my pip

go have a master bate in someone's ear and cool off.

Come back when ur pips are back in alignment. Don't spoil the orf/radford love-in moment.

This could be a model of how the generations make it up to each other!

radfordinlondon - 9/11/2017 08:20

Old Red Fart - 9/11/2017 07:14

He loves me really radford, just doesn't want to admit it.

:91:

U don't think he's. lost that loving feeling do u orf?

No he's totally committed, just won't admit it.

But I'm working on him.

radfordinlondon - 8/11/2017 22:49

Even assuming everything you say is true, whose responsibility was it to educate and nurture that generation? To create a society that instilled a sense of purpose and strength within them? Surely the failure is ours?

I indirectly oversee roughly 1,200 staff in a call centre, predominantly the 18-30 age group and their work ethic is shocking.

On average 10% and higher of them don't turn up for work, and a large proportion of those who do turn up do so on their terms, ignoring their shift patterns and just going on breaks when they feel like it, taking 20 minutes for a piss etc etc.

They'll walk out of a job halfway through a day on a regular basis just because they've been mildly reprimanded.

They'll give horrendous abuse to the security guards who legitimately challenge them about parking, entering the building without a pass or using mobile phones on the call centre floor.

You think the toilets at Forest at half time are bad? You should see the state people leave them in what is supposed to be a professional environment.

I don't know the specific causes, but certainly the generation before have a massive, if not total, responsibility for it, we're the ones who raised them and created today's society.

I also know my sister gave up teaching, in part due to a lack of respect from parents who will not except that little Chardonnay could ever be wrong and will not reinforce any discipline the school tries to instill in them.

You can boil it down to this wes- why should they make an effort for a system and older generations who take the piss out of them and are destroying the planet to boot?

What began as a decline in deference and a rise in challenging the mainstream became the turn on, tune in, drop out. snowflakes have cottoned on quick but can't do much more than not give a shit.

If people don't believe in or respect their society then they won't participate.

The decline in deference is hardly a new concept Radford; the 18 to 25 grouping have been like that for ever.

Successive governments have treated young people with contempt for decades; they get away with it for one reason - young people do not turn out in numbers to vote like the OAPs do.

mao tse tung - 9/11/2017 11:00

The decline in deference is hardly a new concept Radford; the 18 to 25 grouping have been like that for ever.

Successive governments have treated young people with contempt for decades; they get away with it for one reason - young people do not turn out in numbers to vote like the OAPs do.

Actually mao that generation has not been like that forever and can be traced as an evolving trend post wwii and particularly from the 1950s on. Not claiming any major insight either.

agree that more young people voting would make interest groups take more.notice but would not solve the fundamental issue I suggest which is that they don't believe or have any stake or trust in the system. participatInG through voting seems pointless to them.

Tbf seems fooking pointless to me more and more.

I think Brexit was a massive slap in the face for people who got off the arses and voted and still saw the older generation screw them over.

Might have destroyed their confidence in the system in one stroke.

radfordinlondon - 9/11/2017 13:14

mao tse tung - 9/11/2017 11:00

Actually mao that generation has not been like that forever and can be traced as an evolving trend post wwii and particularly from the 1950s on. Not claiming any major insight either.

agree that more young people voting would make interest groups take more.notice but would not solve the fundamental issue I suggest which is that they don't believe or have any stake or trust in the system. participatInG through voting seems pointless to them.

Tbf seems fooking pointless to me more and more.

OK, its been like that as long as I can remember.

And the belief that the young are disenfranchised and have no trust in the system has also been around for a long time; and it was as true 30 years ago as it is today.

I did point out it was evident from the 1950s.

This isn't a very long time in terms of social trends. Not too much yuf culture b4 then. It was only 17-8th century ish that people lived long enough to distinguish youth

imo the difference is we maybe getting closer to a tipping point or at least a rise in inter-generational politics for a.number of reasons too long and complicated for a footie forum possibly.

I guess I started off on one cos I always find blaming the victims an annoying line of reasoning.

I've been trying to keep my trap shut but can't quite manage it. I came out of the Army in 1950 knowing that I had to get a job pretty quickly so that I could make a contribution to the family expenses. Par for the course at that time. I had an old jacket but no suit but knowing that if I wanted to earn some real cash I had to look a bit smarter. So I marched into Hector Pows only to be asked "where are your coupons sir? " It turned out that clothing and some foods were still in short supply. There was also precious little money about too. From memory I think that sort of existance lasted for the next 4 or 5 years.
During that time I did not vote once and had no faith in any political party.
Over here I know quite a lot of youngsters in the 20 to 35 age group and generally they only vote because otherwise they'd cop a hefty fine, voting being compulsary here. And in a general sense they don't care who gets in because in their eyes most politicians are useless. And I share their view.

If you think that you're badly represented you should try out lot.

Totally useless.

TBF, ORF, this link shows that Australian politicians aren't that bad, well if you compare them to Americans.....

https://youtu.be/TYbY45rHj8w

wesimmo - 8/11/2017 22:13

Apollyon - 8/11/2017 22:08

fook them up Wes. Proper go at the c**ts tomorrow

If I notice they're being a dick I'll give them the shitty shifts, make sure they're always first in line for the next call or falsify their performance stats.

Falsifying their performance stats purely out of malice says more about you than them. Then you wonder why they fail to turn up, have a poor attitude, walk out on the job etc.

Bremen Tree - 10/11/2017 12:58

wesimmo - 8/11/2017 22:13

Apollyon - 8/11/2017 22:08

fook them up Wes. Proper go at the c**ts tomorrow

If I notice they're being a dick I'll give them the shitty shifts, make sure they're always first in line for the next call or falsify their performance stats.

Falsifying their performance stats purely out of malice says more about you than them. Then you wonder why they fail to turn up, have a poor attitude, walk out on the job etc.

FFS it was a tongue in cheek response to a tongue in cheek comment.