👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

I wouldn't say 'irrelevant'...many of us realize that it is rebuild year #1....so not attaining top CL or possibly even EL was not a terrible concern...yet.

I think though that how we look on the pitch and how 'competitive' we are does matter though.

Honestly I think this went completely ass backwards....starting slow and ending strong would have been optimum leading into next season. But we started strong and are ending in a train wreck....

Perception matters when attracting talent and building.

So....saying it again...hang onto your butts, this is going to be bumpy....

I wouldn't say 'irrelevant'...many of us realize that it is rebuild year #1....so not attaining top CL or possibly even EL was not a terrible concern...yet.

I think though that how we look on the pitch and how 'competitive' we are does matter though.

Honestly I think this went completely ass backwards....starting slow and ending strong would have been optimum leading into next season. But we started strong and are ending in a train wreck....

Perception matters when attracting talent and building.

So....saying it again...hang onto your butts, this is going to be bumpy....
Exactly, good post

I find it hard to take these guys seriously, they pop out a new video every day basing their views on twitter gossip.

I agree but there is naff all going on right now so I thought I'd throw it up. Also, I could have tortured everyone with one Alisdair Gold's 5 minute videos spread over an hour and a half. That guy needs to learn less is more and his personal hiccups are unnecessary.

I agree but there is naff all going on right now so I thought I'd throw it up. Also, I could have tortured everyone with one Alisdair Gold's 5 minute videos spread over an hour and a half. That guy needs to learn less is more and his personal hiccups are unnecessary.
5 minutes is about right, that's about as far as I ever get into his videos before getting bored.

anyone who followed Celtic can you answer a couple of questions for me?

From some tactico videos I watched pre season there seem to be some differences in how we play and how he played there, and I'm not sure if that's him trying to evolve his philosophy or compromising his ideal setup due to personnel - but from what I understand at Celtic
- he inverted 1 fullback and the other one overlapped?
- he didn't have a clear 10 and 8, just two 8s whose job it was to attack the half spaces and get on the end of balls from the wingers & overlapping FB?
- Who was the main DM? Were they a superhuman expected to do most of the defensive work and also most of the ball progression centrally? or were the other players around them there to compensate any shortcomings?
Fans last summer went far too much into the idea that Ange plays 'this' formation and that is it with no variation. I think it's fair to say he has an ethos for how he wants the team to play but positionally I think he showed signs of being capable of flexibility. The question is of he is willing to he flexible

From what I had seen of Celtic under him the fullbacks had more of a free role. Sometimes they overlapped and sometimes they didn't. They weren't really of the flying wingers build but more all rounded.

Mcgregor was the midfielder generally tasked with sitting. I wouldn't have called him a DM before that. Then Hetate and O'reily were the 8s given more freedom. O'Reilly more so.

Jota and Abada were more traditional wingers although Maeda often played successfully on the left and he's more of a Richarilson type. The first two were consistently quality.
Then centrally they had Kygo who has some of the best movement I have seen of any forward. Very much an Aguero type. That's why the calls for a hold up style striker for us I don't think are fair.

Fans last summer went far too much into the idea that Ange plays 'this' formation and that is it with no variation. I think it's fair to say he has an ethos for how he wants the team to play but positionally I think he showed signs of being capable of flexibility. The question is of he is willing to he flexible

From what I had seen of Celtic under him the fullbacks had more of a free role. Sometimes they overlapped and sometimes they didn't. They weren't really of the flying wingers build but more all rounded.

Mcgregor was the midfielder generally tasked with sitting. I wouldn't have called him a DM before that. Then Hetate and O'reily were the 8s given more freedom. O'Reilly more so.

Jota and Abada were more traditional wingers although Maeda often played successfully on the left and he's more of a Richarilson type. The first two were consistently quality.
Then centrally they had Kygo who has some of the best movement I have seen of any forward. Very much an Aguero type. That's why the calls for a hold up style striker for us I don't think are fair.

A hold up striker would help us kill off games we were managing out for the win.

Say what you want but I don't think we've ever had a manager I want to succeed as much as Ange. He's just a decent human being who is so anti-establishment football that it would be a real naff you to the football intelligentsia. A moment to savour.
Our Womens coach is much the same, just listen to his pre FA Cup final presser and I would urge any supporter to listen to his reply to Dan Kilpatricks question to him, it comes at 10.58 in the video.