👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

I'm happy to give him a go.
But to my mind it smacks of mediocracy from Munn and the board.

On the plus side, I'll bet the chubby fcuker cookies a mean lamb kebab on the barbie.
N'dom will be well pleased.

Well he is Greek.

It's true, that could be a possibility and it cannot be easily dismissed, but equally, the total opposite could be true. As a paying fan, in the first instance I'll just be happy to see us trying to play like Celtic did under him...win , draw or lose..
Easy to do against the likes of Kilmarnock

Good Luck, I have my reservations, but that is partially down to him not being given the players needed to succeed.

Welcome the Postman

I've spoken to the wife.
She does business and stuff.
Her thoughts are that this is appointment by Munn and the board is the first steps in securing a change in ownership within the next few years....

We have good players for Ange's system. Royal, Porro, Romero, Spence, Udogie, Bentancur, Bissouma, Kulu and some others will fit in well.

I'm behind the guy 100%. We enter a new unknown.
Well if we can add the likes of Raya & Johnson he'll have a good platform on which to build on.

Brendan Rodgers won the treble in his first 2seasons .... so the achievement needs to be into context.

Why are they challenging it in the wrong way? They spend thousands supporting their team and get treated like mugs with the interest of having a genuine respected European talent desired by a multitude of clubs and end up like this.

There will be no honeymoon for many considering what might have been and unless he has an amazing start could be Nuno Santo Mk2

Interestingly Santo got exactly the same terms
And as we were discussing yesterday, Rodgers has more than proven to be a good enough PL manager. Also, Rodgers arguably had less competition in Scotland than Ange did...

They are challenging in the wrong way as they are angry at a presumed inevitable failure. That is a poor attitude. Show anger at previously made decisions. Sure, be sceptical that the club are capable of making decisions but who knows, this is a new guy that has picked the manager. Maybe he has a better eye that Levy? All that showing anger at this appointment will achieve is a negative atmosphere that will only aid in failure.

Before we bemoan AP perhaps some research is in order.

Here is a link to Postecoglou being interviewed on a Masterminds Podcast with Anthony Hudson:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...rformance-sports/id1482065104?i=1000468285812
Before we bemoan AP perhaps some research is in order.

Here is a link to Postecoglou being interviewed on a Masterminds Podcast with Anthony Hudson:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...rformance-sports/id1482065104?i=1000468285812

They can all talk the talk 80.
I could make a podcast sound credible.

Lets see how he is when we have shipped two goals against Grimsby and Sonny is throwing his toys out of his pram again.

They can all talk the talk 80.
I could make a podcast sound credible.

Lets see how he is when we have shipped two goals against Grimsby and Sonny is throwing his toys out of his pram again.

Yes, but I want to know who this guy is because I do not have any idea how his head works. I thought others might want a little insight while we wait for the proof of hisabilities to materialize on the pitch.

And I am more interested in what he has to say than anyone that is already trashing him.

Yes, but I want to know who this guy is because I do not have any idea how his head works. I thought others might want a little insight while we wait for the proof of hisabilities to materialize on the pitch.

And I am more interested in what he has to say than anyone that is already trashing him.

I am actually quite confident he'll be ok. A safe pair of hands. Can work with Munn and will be happy with whatever he is given to work with.

We wont get relegated under him.
I cant see us getting CL with what's being invested above and below us.

He wont give the press team a headache like the last two managers.

I simply don't think the current group of players are good enough or care enough to bother anymore.
They have lost faith in the 'project'.

And they are about as likely to listen to Ryan Mason as they are this guy when the going gets tough.