Andy Reid on talksport | Page 4 | Vital Football

Andy Reid on talksport

Must blur the lines having been there so long ORF! :LOL:
Just find it a bit difficult to understand as the Aussies really hate us 'Poms', when it comes to cricket!?
At least you are still a die hard red! (y)

He has been ever since he saw us win the FA Cup back in 1898 chap!

Yes, you're right again, magic moment. Or whenever it was.
Regarding the cricket, that hate MB refers to is all make belief, the average Aussie enthusiast would be glad of the chance to sit down, have a yarn, and buy you a drink. No joking. Under pressure I might even do the same !

:whist:

Yes, you're right again, magic moment. Or whenever it was.
Regarding the cricket, that hate MB refers to is all make belief, the average Aussie enthusiast would be glad of the chance to sit down, have a yarn, and buy you a drink. No joking. Under pressure I might even do the same !

:whist:
Ha ha, would love to ORF. Where abouts are you?
I have played cricket with plenty of Aussies over the years and most of them have been decent lads!

That's a massive, massive exaggeration. He was very good at what he did and an extremely clever player but I wouldn't go further than that. Even when he was fit he was rarely fit and couldn't manage a decent run of games. He and Assombalonga would have made a great pairing if he could have managed that run of games.

Physically (in terms of fitness) he was already well past his best. The days of two up front were almost over anyway

You can't compare him in effectiveness with Earnshaw, who scored consistently for three seasons, or even Blackstock whose last couple of years should not mask how great he was in the first few, let alone the important goals he scored (his goals saved us from relegation twice).

I didn't compare effectiveness, I said all round. If you were to score a striker ala championship manager across various categories then I believe Fryup would win comfortably.

I didn't compare effectiveness, I said all round. If you were to score a striker ala championship manager across various categories then I believe Fryup would win comfortably.
Against who?

All of them? Earnshaw? Grabban?

He would be one of those with about 12 for finishing but I suppose I understand what you mean about other attributes

Major problems with the internet at the moment and unlikely to be fixed until June. This is what happens when a Govt takes the cheap option and buggers it up. In the meantime I can't get onto Brexit and the other interesting items. It's bloody annoying.
But MB in answer to your post we live in the Sydney Metropolitan area, about 30 Kilometres from the CBD, up in the NW hills area. It's a great place to be. We have a few English players over here at the moment involved in the Big Bash stuff and in general doing well, might be something to do with the weather. And I think that the Barmy Army loves us here and the feeling is reciprocated.
Mind you, that's not proper cricket is it ?

Major problems with the internet at the moment and unlikely to be fixed until June. This is what happens when a Govt takes the cheap option and buggers it up. In the meantime I can't get onto Brexit and the other interesting items. It's bloody annoying.
But MB in answer to your post we live in the Sydney Metropolitan area, about 30 Kilometres from the CBD, up in the NW hills area. It's a great place to be. We have a few English players over here at the moment involved in the Big Bash stuff and in general doing well, might be something to do with the weather. And I think that the Barmy Army loves us here and the feeling is reciprocated.
Mind you, that's not proper cricket is it ?
I agree ORF, T20 is not proper cricket, but its entertaining and brings in the crowds. I was watching a program last night about the Blue Mountains, 2 hour drive from Sydney. Looks amazing.