Andy Reid on talksport | Vital Football

Andy Reid on talksport

Southern red

Vital Champions League
Saying we had a bunch of foreign lads at forest who didn’t want to get involved, ignored coaching and tactics and kept in their clique

Abdoun/djebbour?

Absolutely, and clearly still loves the club.

We could have reached the PL, the playoffs at least of not for his injury.

I do always think with Reid, If he'd had got into the type of shape he did in his second spell with us during that second season earlier in his career, he could have been a top PL player - he was that good in my opinion.

Weight was what made him become a journeyman before rejoining us. That cross against Watford 2013/14 for Henderson half volley outisde of the boot is one that sticks with me, just fell on his head . Nobody in a forest shirt in the last 20 years was capable of that.

I do always think with Reid, If he'd had got into the type of shape he did in his second spell with us during that second season earlier in his career, he could have been a top PL player - he was that good in my opinion.

Weight was what made him become a journeyman before rejoining us. That cross against Watford 2013/14 for Henderson half volley outisde of the boot is one that sticks with me, just fell on his head . Nobody in a forest shirt in the last 20 years was capable of that.

I remember sat on new year's Day at Oldham, 2 men sent off and 5-0 down in a league 1 watching Sean Gregan run the entire game for the Latics and lamenting that we never seemed to have someone who could do that.

Reid is the the closest I have seen to doing that (miles better than Gregan if course). He was at the centre of everything good we did.

That 2013 team genuinely could have won promotion. It was a superb side. But the sale of Guedioura, the failure to sign a striker and then the shocking run of injuries wrecked the season

With his much reported (by some ITK on here ) cocaine addiction I’m surprised he’s not dead/in prison/ making be here now.

I remember sat on new year's Day at Oldham, 2 men sent off and 5-0 down in a league 1 watching Sean Gregan run the entire game for the Latics and lamenting that we never seemed to have someone who could do that.

Reid is the the closest I have seen to doing that (miles better than Gregan if course). He was at the centre of everything good we did.

That 2013 team genuinely could have won promotion. It was a superb side. But the sale of Guedioura, the failure to sign a striker and then the shocking run of injuries wrecked the season

Agree. Not a Billy fan boy but people say the second spell was a disaster second spell, and it was from an atmosphere point of view, but on the pitch, an injury free team with the linked Austin would have gone up automatically.

The injuries that year were unheard of. Lansbury, cohen, Reid, Hobbs, Wilson, lichaj, blackstock, Vaughan and I'm sure there were more...

My favourite memory of him was a game against Wolves in his first spell.

He was only young but he absolutely destroyed Dennis Irwin to the point where I think Irwin was taken off.

You knew then that he was something special but the shame is that he was only ever special to Forest fans when he could have been much more.

Two down and going nowhere with a half an hour to go. Billy makes 3 subs (Cox, Hendo and Mackie) who all score and we go on to win 4-2 and consolidate fifth place in the table.

Classic Billy that. Great days. Bday

Saying we had a bunch of foreign lads at forest who didn’t want to get involved, ignored coaching and tactics and kept in their clique

Abdoun/djebbour?

And yet still, I bet they there's a strong chance that they weren't as toxic to the club as Reid was.

Care to elaborate?

Apart from numerous off-field misdemeanours, I've been told that he was responsible for the rifts in the dressing room.

I also heard he was trying to influence things that a player should have no part in trying to influence off the field.

Apart from numerous off-field misdemeanours, I've been told that he was responsible for the rifts in the dressing room.

I also heard he was trying to influence things that a player should have no part in trying to influence off the field.

Care to elaborate? Apart from guilty of having an opinion still not sure what is so bad

This was going round at the time.

The 'influence' part was supposedly someone with at least one foot planted on planet earth trying to take some responsibility- remember who was the owner, manager and general manager at the time.

As for rifts, there was more than one clique in that dressing room. We have heard from more than one player (I think) that the Algerians were a problem. I can't remember any ex player from that time pointing a finger at reid

This was going round at the time.

The 'influence' part was supposedly someone with at least one foot planted on planet earth trying to take some responsibility- remember who was the owner, manager and general manager at the time.

As for rifts, there was more than one clique in that dressing room. We have heard from more than one player (I think) that the Algerians were a problem. I can't remember any ex player from that time pointing a finger at reid

Reid ostracised the Algerians and was responsible for Guedioura leaving the club, which was terrible as at the time, Guedioura was the superior player.