Andy Hess | Vital Football

Andy Hess

Thats realy good to see. I always had a lot of time for young jake and felt his efforts often went un noticed. Got to admit he struggled a bit for us towards the end of his teunure though.

Thats realy good to see. I always had a lot of time for young jake and felt his efforts often went un noticed. Got to admit he struggled a bit for us towards the end of his teunure though.
Byrne seems to have suffered this season for not having Hess mopping things up alongside him.

Good news re Jake.

Re Byrne; last season he played out of his skin... keen to earn a new contract, kept us waiting, got a 2 year deal and his form has since fallen off a cliff. Coincidence?

I seriously hope not good luck at Dover but Gills would not benefit from hess again sometimes you have to have people in charge who don't have a connection with the club

Managed us at the highest level we have been so hard to compare him with other past managers.
Also his other stints ended if we were not promoted (i think!), if so then harsh again.

From reports and my own eyes having seem Dover play once last season.Life under Chris Kinnear was very basic tactically.Although they had success under him.Hess has brought in some new blood and almost certainly a little more fun to the training and tactics.

From reports and my own eyes having seem Dover play once last season.Life under Chris Kinnear was very basic tactically.Although they had success under him.Hess has brought in some new blood and almost certainly a little more fun to the training and tactics.
Has he taught them the "rugby tackle" challenge yet?

Managed us at the highest level we have been so hard to compare him with other past managers.
Also his other stints ended if we were not promoted (i think!), if so then harsh again.
I still think it was a mistake to put Hess in charge after we got promoted to what is now the Championship. It was a time when Scally could have established us in that division. We lost players who were never replaced and I believe Hess' inexperience took its toll in the end. If he came back to manage now, I think he'd do things quite differently.

Whoever took us on in the Championship had a up hill struggle. The crowds and gate money in the end dictate wages.We went into large amounts of debt in part due to a unstable wage bill.No manager would have been able to keep us up long term on those gates without a lot of good fortune.
Looking back I believe Hess did remarkably well all things considered.

Whoever took us on in the Championship had a up hill struggle. The crowds and gate money in the end dictate wages.We went into large amounts of debt in part due to a unstable wage bill.No manager would have been able to keep us up long term on those gates without a lot of good fortune.
Looking back I believe Hess did remarkably well all things considered.
Rubbish