AN OBSERVATION AND A THOUGHT | Vital Football

AN OBSERVATION AND A THOUGHT

plaselwy

Vital Newbie
I'm saddened to see how tedious and sometimes unpleasant this site has become with relatively little focus on football. Many contributions are heavy on insult and very light on respectful argument, common courtesy and careful analysis. Indeed, if someone doesn't agree with a view then the writer is 'talking bollocks', 'your opinion counts for nowt', 'you dope': just a few recent examples because someone has an alternative opinion. It's very reminiscent of the school playground.
Anyway, here I pose a couple of practical questions to which I truly do not know the complete answer. Maybe someone can help. Firstly, who owns Blackpool FC, that is the name and the organisation? Secondly, who owns the ground, the fabric, the whole caboodle?
Next I suggest a purely theoretical scenario which might apply to any club where, with descent down the leagues and tumbling gates associated with both the decline of the on-field offering and a boycott of the ground by many supporters, an owner might say "the income is now insufficient to run the club so, sad though we are to do it, we have to close the club, shut the doors of the ground and sell the potentially valuable land to a developer". Is that possible?
Turning now to the real Blackpool FC and not a fictitious club, for what it's worth I don't think there is the remotest chance that Mr Oyston will react to the current public pressure in the way that many people would wish. What I see and hear suggests precisely the opposite. Actually, if there was any thought by an owner of allowing a club to slowly disintegrate to the point of complete dissolution, any increase in gates that might help the club improve their status might be considered highly disadvantageous to that aim. Filling the Kop with home supporters would be another no-no.
Finally, I have no issue with anyone taking alternative views or holding non-violent protests. It's a right in our society. But I deplore the recent tendency to insults on these pages. So if what I say irritates or is contrary to your views just say so guys and we can debate it. We may agree to disagree but it should end there.
And 3-0 at Yeovil today? I applaud it. I love it when we win. Still. Peace to you all.

My observation and thoughts ! You can write reasonably well. You seem to have some limited knowledge, You have some idea of what the consequence is of Operation Conference! The Kop doesn't exist anymore!
You are Premier in disguise. You have mentioned nothing about the football side of the current situation,
My opinion is you are spoiling for a fight so you can either report to KO that those nasty fans are at it again and lets sue them or you are infact KO on a fishing expedition, Now which of those observations or thoughts have some ring of truth to them? PS when you join this site you usually give some details of your life so we can take an idea of who you are! have you loaded your details in the appropriate thread?

Good Morning

1) Who owns the club - 80% Oyston 20% VB
2) Who owns the ground - OO via Segesta. In 2007 he changed ownership to them from Blackpool FC properties(the)
3) You have just described "Operation Conference"

KOKO is no longer the public face behind the club. Even OO has finally realised that he needs to try and placate the fans. Unfortunately his appearance at the BST event worsened relationships in the eyes of many. When OO dies thats when things will really reach a peak.

Forums are for debating this site still remains the friendliest of all pool messageboards that said Im awaiting the awakening of LS with interest this morning :grins: :hello:

My observations Sexxyboy is that there seems to be a lot of Oystain apologists trying to make excuses for their quite shocking behaviour. :tup:

Thank you "SEX" for the helpful reply. It serves to heighten my anxiety about the possibilities open to the owner(s). I wrote to express my concern that the very fabric of the club, the ground and all that goes with it, might be sold for development on the back of what the owner(s) might term 'unsustainable income'. I do not know whether they own the intellectual rights to the name of the club.
For "Nunu": Thank you so much for your comment that I can write "reasonably well". Unfortunately you are indeed correct about the very difficult medication that I need although it is, as far as I'm aware, not mind altering. I am hoping to see next season but it's not a given. Your remarks about drugs were somewhat unfortunate. I have no problem about revealing details of my background. My real name is Jeff. In the 1950s I attended Kirkham GS and have been, since then, a lifelong BFC supporter. Until retirement I was a hospital consultant paediatrician and now I work as a walking safari guide in South Africa when my health allows. Why you might think that I'm 'spoiling for a fight' when I pose reasonable questions for which I wanted an answer and postulated an awful scenario for the club which worries me, entirely puzzles me. I have contributed to this site occasionally for some years now and largely commented on the qualities of the team and the players. I have not been able to watch them play this season as I've been working abroad so currently I refrain from comment. Given the legal actions that are being thrown around I understand the element of paranoia that has crept into your response but I think your insinuations on identity and comments on drug usage are unfair, potentially upsetting and, above all, wildly incorrect.

This isn't simply a case of a club fortunes changing because of a rise and fall through the leagues. The last time we were in the lower leagues (and even had to apply for're-election') it was different. We had not much money and there was a genuine feel that we were all in it together. People acknowledged that OO had helped save from the club. KO's mode of operating (show little football ambition and spend as little as possible) was annoying but accepted by most because we had little resources. It was frustrating for supporters because there were various promises and grandiose schemes by OO to build a new ground and training ground. The repeated promises on the training ground actually became laughable and built up the distrust and lack of faith in the owners by the fans. Things changed when the Os involved VB. Both his additional investment and additional ambition helped us into the Championship and subsequently the PL. There was no doubt that the Os had built some of the foundations and the club generally had a good reputation but they also got lucky with VB. I remember that KO seemed reluctant to pay a fee to sign Adam and Eardley and it was Holloway that persuaded VB to invest in these two. We also had the ridiculous situation where we had 2 stands and an unsafe temporary Gene Kelly stand for away supporters and had the 'pre lets' nonsense for the south stand from KO as an excuse to not spend any money or show any ambition. What really changed things was the PL monies. Most fans didn't want us to spend silly money but a bit of additional, sensible investment in say a quailty keeper and a couple of other players would have kept us up. Look at what Bournmouth are doing with some sensible additional investment. Instead we got the usual KO model of spending as little as possible, no ambition to stay in the PL, short term contracts, a shoestring football support staff, disputes on bonus payments, no progression on the training ground (despite KO saying that he now had the resources to progress it). And particularly what made the supporters angry was that we were posting record profits (and paying corporation tax on those), paying the biggest ever remuneration to an owner in English football history (but apparently not to the minority owner) and unsecured, interest free loans to other O companies, an undemocratic, club controlled 'official supporter's group' and the owners treating the fans with contempt and even suing many, even when they have said this would stop. The clubs reputation in the football world has also been trashed. VB's legal actions against the Os also shows tht he feels he has also been sold out by the Os. I used to think that Bill Cartmel was a plonker as chairman, but he was just an incompetent fool who did not have any financial resources and did not set out to wind up or sue supporters.
All the above allegedly of course.
I have no problem in other supporters having different views and doing different things and even if it is frustrating they should not be abused or called names - otherwise we resort to the level that the owners have sometimes sunk to. What is clear to me however is that the repeated actions of the Os in the last few yers has meant that the bond with the supporters has been broken and will never be repaiared until the current owners have departed. I say that as someone whose first Pool match was in 1964 and as someone who has seen many bad seasons as well as good ones.

I hate how the Os have turned fans against each other.
I keep saying it, it could and should have been all so different.
On the telly the other day they mentioned about the £ spent in the transfer window but added that since 2010 the Premiership is worth 5 times more now to clubs £ wise than it was then.
For the sake of 2 signings say £5-6m it would have seen us stay up. It grips my **** since that day 39 pts would have kept you up by a mile.
Fulham home t'rovers home Peter Walton bottling that pen. Spuds t rovers west brom horwich villa away all games we lost points very late....
There was a review of controversional ref decisions from that season and we were shown to have lost out along with other smaller clubs on numerous points.
Swansea couldnt lace our boots. Palarse ffs. Bournemouth - we beat them away 3 years ago with 10 men ffs.
Am I angry? Yep.
Knobber at work says he would swap places with us right now just to have had that prem season - yes we have some great memories but if anything it gave the club a taste of £ greed that turned us from a family fan friendly club into the business we are today.
What business man doesnt spend £5 m to get a minimum £35m return 4 months later?

That bitterness manifests itself in many ways sometimes in posts on here. 1 thing we should all remember we are all pool fans and we should not lose sight of who put us in our current position.

Excellent post Pete :tophat:

1 thing this site has done to me - it's brought me together meeting fellow Pool fans who have become friends.

Pete nails it again. Best post for a long time, just a shame some fans can't see the common sense summed up so well. :tup:

Sexxyboy, I agree, it's heartbreaking that the club is now in a worse situation than it has ever been in all the time the Oystains have owned the club (or ever) and yet they claim to have more money than they know what to do with it although that doesn't stretch to spending it on the team moreover suing fans. Despicable actions like that I cannot support, and that is where the divisions between some fans occur, some actually seem to have no conscience, decency, kindness and only selfishness.

It doesn't help when these same fans seem to be on an endless campaign to wind up them that are sacrificing all in supporting actions the vast majority (see pathetic attendances) of fans are adhering to to rid the club of it's terminal cancer.

My observation and thought is that the author of the opening post is a complete pussy :hah:

I don't care for any of that bollocks, they can do whatever they want with the club I just know I'm not supporting it. Sex I can't wait till the vile old cretin dies I hope his resting place is accessible so I can dance on it. :141:

I welcome Jeff's post and wish I lived in S Africa.

Like Pete and Sexy's post. All of us just want to get back to supporting "our" team the heart of it belongs to us not the O's. Whether stopping going to home games and #NAPM works or not is almost irrelevant I'm not prepared to financially support or associate myself with the O's. They had it all and threw away a profitable long term business for short term profit. Do NOT be duped before and during the prem season fans were not happy with the O's running of the club this isn't a childish reaction.

OO could have left a legacy but all there is to show is a ground that will resemble the old ground in a handful of years due to neglect and the sprinklers. Sad very very sad and they make my blood boil.

It could be that we rose to the top very quickly and the management team quite simply could not cope....and they lacked the confidence and vision to take us forward,the finance did not come all in one go and so easy as many have done before to overspend.... :tophat:

premier 1 - 4/9/2016 16:21

It could be that we rose to the top very quickly and the management team quite simply could not cope....and they lacked the confidence and vision to take us forward,the finance did not come all in one go and so easy as many have done before to overspend.... :tophat:

I assume by management team you mean KOKO. No argument there apart from counting the golden rewards. No one expected them to spend big but we expected a legacy. They failed so many times. They should have bought a keeper in the prem, they should have invested the Charlie money in the Championship, they shouldn't have then let the fatted calf die.

Where is the training ground as promised? It should be the best money can buy to bring in and develop top talent with great coaches.

It's very simple in my eyes, my enthusiasm to go to ofc is about the same as the owners enthusiasm to invest in the club, we're Blackpool fans we don't expect much haggling over 250k for Dj Campbell and trying to wriggle out of paying players non relegation bonuses tells you all you need to know. If you go you are paying for their lifestyle you are not supporting your club you are failing it, I don't care much for this talk of support your club or lose it its a defeatist attitude.

Premier, your need to kiss the Oystain's arses at every opportunity is truly staggering. Wake up man!

Layton_Seasider - 4/9/2016 20:20

Premier, your need to kiss the Oystain's arses at every opportunity is truly staggering. Wake up man!
Whatever,whoever is to blame it is time to move on. :tophat:

Premier I was going to say there is only one family to blame but your's too are now to blame. As for moving on, how can you (help to) destroy the club and then move on, you really are a silly old sausage. :tophat: