Am i the only one who | Page 3 | Vital Football

Am i the only one who

Of course they are not rubbish but that's not what I was saying, if you read post 3 and post 20 I stated "give a class manager a ordinary squad of players and see how good they really are"
" a class manager and I mean the likes of mourinho who has been given unlimited funds and a quality squad of players a club to manage where the squad is not quality, and his transfer funds are not unlimited to see how good a manager really is."

You're kind of tying yourself up in knots here, Bobnob. Allardyce did very well at Notts County with a very limited budget, and was then given an opportunity on the bigger stage by Bolton Wanderers, and subsequently the even bigger stage by Newcastle United.

Exactly the kind of managerial progress you were originally championing.
So you class Allardyce as a class manager then? Because in your view any manager that goes from a small club to a bigger club must be class. Personally I think Allardyce is dog shit as a manager the same with pardew and mcclaren

No, i said he was given an opportunity on the back of his previous work, just like Benitez and Mourinho.

Some go on to prove themselves as very good, some don't.

Not my call to make, i don't own a football club.

You've contradicted yourself big time, get over it.

Being given an opportunity on the back of previous work isn't what I've asked, I asked how would a world class manager do with a club that hasn't the backing they currently have at their big clubs and have a squad of players that are crap in comparison.

They got to the positions they are in now by doing exactly what you question you fucking numpty!!!

Hence why you're as thick as fucking pig shit!

But the original question was how would a world class manager do with a club that hasnt unlimited funds and that doesnt have world class players you fucking stupid ****.

I couldn't give 2 fucks about what these managers have done in the past what I was asking was how would they do with a club now that didn't have a massive transfer budget and a squad of players that aren't all internationals.

I've already told you. Mourinho started at Uniao de Leiria and Benitez started at Extremadura, both with no funds, and yet both proved themselves.

What fucking part of that don't you understand?

I'm somewhere in the middle I reckon

While I fully accept that Benitez is the PERFECT foil for Ashley - sending fans home happy after mediocre performances and tactical borefests ...I can also see him as the man to finally win us some silverware under a different regime

I don't want to see the back of him just yet....he should be given the time to prove himself (one way or the other) on a more level playing field

Not like you to sit on the fence Mc. :grinning:

What infuriates me about Benitez is not the bloke himself or even his style of football,it's the sheer hypocrisy of his disciples.

The team has clearly switched off and that has to be down to the manager who in turn seems content to align himself to his bosses wishes that survival is all that is important.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Pardew.

I'm not sure whether it's a case of having my expectations managed or whether I would have been happy with him under previous regimes who were willing to fund him

I've read pretty much all youve had to say about him on here and it's a weird one.....I always feel like you're being overly harsh on him while accepting you are 100% cock on with what you are saying

If we are to be taken over and have a considerable transfer budget I can think of much worse transitional managers until we were in a position to go for one of the best......if there is no takeover I suppose I continue to be critical whilst accepting we could have another Kinnear, Carver or McClaren in charge

I have no great dislike of Benitez Mc.
The debate regarding his talent is a subjective one.

You are right to say my criticism of him comes across overly harsh but in my defence i'm trying to shake the minds of his followers into seeing that Alex Ferguson in his prime could be at the helm and it would make no difference to our club whatsoever as long as Ashley is in charge.

I doubt Fergie would have worked for Ashley though:grinning: (see it's become a habit now)

To believe in Rafa you have to believe in Ashley,who despite the flak he gets had a plan that worked 100% this season and has only failed twice in eleven.

The new breed of Rafa happy clappers,and that's what they are,justify their blind support based on a takeover culminating with Benitez as manager,this despite the obvious piss take with the last attempt.

A more cynical me might be tempted into wondering when season ticket renewals are due.

Like the vast majority of our support I am not so quietly optimistic Ashley will sell this summer but my expectation is not based on logic or common sense just desperation,i'm sure we all know the feeling

I've nothing against Benitez apart from the odd disagreement of player selection and tactics which happen with every manager. I never liked his style of football even when he was at Liverpool. He has his favourites like Gayle who couldn't hit a barn door but is the first name on the team sheet. Couldn't wait to get rid of a proper goal scorer in mitrovic who is scoring for fun now. It's already been mentioned that no manager will be able to work properly under Ashley and as long as Ashley is here I want us to fail and possibly get relegated, that won't happen under Benitez.

Good points all round.

just something else to throw into the mix is that Rafa is more than a football coach or a manager. He also has a big interest in the general management side.

Given the hierarchy as it exists - Charnley and the owner, there is a dearth of other talent around.

Can you imagine Carver, Pardew, McLaren etc seeknig to develop the infrastructure?

Ashley can save a fortune by not having the likes of Dein involved. He can also have an asset that sells for above the value of the zero investment that Ashley has put in.