Am i the only one who | Vital Football

Am i the only one who

Put it this way he isn't as good as people think he is. Give a so called world class manager a ordinary squad of players and see how good they really are.

Mourinho is shite aswell look what he's spent so far and they still get turned over by shite teams.

Put it this way he isn't as good as people think he is. Give a so called world class manager a ordinary squad of players and see how good they really are.

Mourinho is shite aswell look what he's spent so far and they still get turned over by shite teams.

Erm Rafa's been given a squad of ordinary players and has done just fine. Currently 10th.

I wouldn't say where they are in the table is fine. now Sean Dyche has done a cracking job that's what I call a great job by a manager with a limited budget and a ordinary squad of players.

I wouldn't say where they are in the table is fine. now Sean Dyche has done a cracking job that's what I call a great job by a manager with a limited budget and a ordinary squad of players.

Dyche has been tremendous but it's not Burnley's 1st season back in the top flight and he's spent 32 million.

10th isn't fine ? What is ?

Last edited:
Who would you have instead?

No offence PK I don't always agree with your posts but invariably find them thought provoking,but in this case if you mean who would bb have instead of Rafa then that is the standard response of the sheep.

Benitez is the best man for Ashley not us/the club.

If we had an owner who was interested in football success only then would that question make sense.

Anyone who thinks Benitez did a good job finishing mid table for MA the ****, who we all know wanted exactly that,needs to give themselves a knock.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Especially when you consider the amount of hate we all claim to have for the greedy fat twat who has the fucking cheek to make his manager one of the best paid in the premiership whilst the latter himself moans publicly about having one of the smallest budgets.

Despite his quoted love for the club, Benitez should have the balls to tell Ashley where to go if he does not get what he wants in the very near future. It cannot just be left in the air that achieves nothing

10th place might be OK now considering where they were before the mini run of wins they went on but for a club the size of NUFC I don't think 10th place is good.

The point I'm trying to make is the true reflection of a good or even a great manager is when they don't have a world class squad of players and a massive transfer kitty yet still do a good job of it.

Benitez is just an example, you could apply this to any of the top clubs managers throughout the world. how would they do with a limited budget and an ordinary squad of players.

That's why I say look at lower league managers with low transfer budgets and a bog standard squad of players, if they are doing better than you'd expect they are the ones that should be given a chance rather than managers who have done well at big clubs who have virtually unlimited funds.

No offence PK I don't always agree with your posts but invariably find them thought provoking,but in this case if you mean who would bb have instead of Rafa then that is the standard response of the sheep.

Benitez is the best man for Ashley not us/the club.

If we had an owner who was interested in football success only then would that question make sense.

Anyone who thinks Benitez did a good job finishing mid table for MA the ****, who we all know wanted exactly that,needs to give themselves a knock.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Especially when you consider the amount of hate we all claim to have for the greedy fat twat who has the fucking cheek to make his manager one of the best paid in the premiership whilst the latter himself moans publicly about having one of the smallest budgets.

Avoidance noted

10th place might be OK now considering where they were before the mini run of wins they went on but for a club the size of NUFC I don't think 10th place is good.

You're exactly why people call us as a fanbase deluded. There's nothing wrong with ambition and everyone with the slightest acquaintance with Newcastle United knows we could be easily a top six club. For a first season back and with the lack of investment in the squad and club over the years 10th is a fine finish . What exactly did you expect ? Champion's League ?

I'm somewhere in the middle I reckon

While I fully accept that Benitez is the PERFECT foil for Ashley - sending fans home happy after mediocre performances and tactical borefests ...I can also see him as the man to finally win us some silverware under a different regime

I don't want to see the back of him just yet....he should be given the time to prove himself (one way or the other) on a more level playing field

Last edited:
I don't get why bb is being asked who he would pick and what his expectations are.

His message is very clear,Benitez has not achieved anything special this year ,Chris Hughton doing a similar job whilst playing more attractive football is testament to that.

Is'nt that just a simple truth ?

As long as fatty is with us even pep guardiola would be useless here.

Why anyone then imagines Benitez should be given a chance defies logic,unless like Ashley mediocrity is the target.

Stand your ground bb it's good to see someone not willing to have their expectations managed by Ashley.

Reactions: Rza
Cheers piemag thing is I've not once mentioned once I want rid of benitez, all I've stated is he isn't as good as people think he is.

What I said was give a world class manager and I mean the likes of mourinho who has been given unlimited funds and a quality squad of players a club to manage where the squad is not quality, and his transfer funds are not unlimited to see how good a manager really is.