Am i the only one who | Page 2 | Vital Football

Am i the only one who

I don't get why bb is being asked who he would pick and what his expectations are.

His message is very clear,Benitez has not achieved anything special this year ,Chris Hughton doing a similar job whilst playing more attractive football is testament to that.

Is'nt that just a simple truth ?

As long as fatty is with us even pep guardiola would be useless here.

Why anyone then imagines Benitez should be given a chance defies logic,unless like Ashley mediocrity is the target.

Stand your ground bb it's good to see someone not willing to have their expectations managed by Ashley.

He said 10th wasn't fine, so what is fine this season in his opinion?

Cheers piemag thing is I've not once mentioned once I want rid of benitez, all I've stated is he isn't as good as people think he is.

What I said was give a world class manager and I mean the likes of mourinho who has been given unlimited funds and a quality squad of players a club to manage where the squad is not quality, and his transfer funds are not unlimited to see how good a manager really is.

Erm aren't you describing exactly what Mourinho did at Porto and what Benitez did at Valencia and Liverpool

No offence PK I don't always agree with your posts but invariably find them thought provoking,but in this case if you mean who would bb have instead of Rafa then that is the standard response of the sheep.

Benitez is the best man for Ashley not us/the club.

If we had an owner who was interested in football success only then would that question make sense.

Anyone who thinks Benitez did a good job finishing mid table for MA the ****, who we all know wanted exactly that,needs to give themselves a knock.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Especially when you consider the amount of hate we all claim to have for the greedy fat twat who has the fucking cheek to make his manager one of the best paid in the premiership whilst the latter himself moans publicly about having one of the smallest budgets.

Is it not possible Benitez is both the best manager for Ashley and the club ? If the club is sold could he not be the man to bring us some silverwear ?

To be fair I have my questions about benitez, particularly around some of the players he doesn't use (mitrovic, mbemba) and around our defensive play in some matches.

But anyone who thinks 10th isn't good enough after coming up needs to give their head a wobble

Is it not possible Benitez is both the best manager for Ashley and the club ? If the club is sold could he not be the man to bring us some silverwear ?
The club being sold is only outcome that would make sense to me kk.
As long as Ashley is here we are not going to progress.

I would still consider Rafa a boring stubborn tit mind but there is no doubt he has the quality to win trophies.

I fear that the sale of the club story is desperation in the heads of the dreamers and the carrot at the end of Ashley's stick.

I still don't get why Benitez doesn't walk ?
The popular belief amongst his disciples is that any sale is subject to him being at the helm,but does not make sense.

He could walk now and come back later:shrug:

He said 10th wasn't fine, so what is fine this season in his opinion?
In the context he said it I absolutely agree with him.

Our supporters are praising a manager who is being paid a lot of money by a **** who should be investing the clubs coin in players instead,for the same feat that Chris Hughton performed at Brighton and if Huddersfield survive add Wagner to the list.

If Ashley and Benitez are still in partnership next season finishing 10th this year will count for nothing along with any opinions on league position.

In the context he said it I absolutely agree with him.

Our supporters are praising a manager who is being paid a lot of money by a **** who should be investing the clubs coin in players instead,for the same feat that Chris Hughton performed at Brighton and if Huddersfield survive add Wagner to the list.

If Ashley and Benitez are still in partnership next season finishing 10th this year will count for nothing along with any opinions on league position.

The context in which he said it was in comparing it to Sean Dyche at Burnley and trying to suggest Benitez and Mourinho couldn't achieve with poorer teams (something they've both already done), I quote : "The point I'm trying to make is the true reflection of a good or even a great manager is when they don't have a world class squad of players and a massive transfer kitty yet still do a good job of it."

The stuff about Benitez and Ashley is your context not his.

The club being sold is only outcome that would make sense to me kk.
As long as Ashley is here we are not going to progress.

I would still consider Rafa a boring stubborn tit mind but there is no doubt he has the quality to win trophies.

I fear that the sale of the club story is desperation in the heads of the dreamers and the carrot at the end of Ashley's stick.

I still don't get why Benitez doesn't walk ?
The popular belief amongst his disciples is that any sale is subject to him being at the helm,but does not make sense.

He could walk now and come back later:shrug:

We both know why he hasn't walked . He's complicit .

The context in which he said it was in comparing it to Sean Dyche at Burnley and trying to suggest Benitez and Mourinho couldn't achieve with poorer teams (something they've both already done), I quote : "The point I'm trying to make is the true reflection of a good or even a great manager is when they don't have a world class squad of players and a massive transfer kitty yet still do a good job of it."

The stuff about Benitez and Ashley is your context not his.
This is what I was contextualising keggy

"10th place might be OK now considering where they were before the mini run of wins they went on but for a club the size of NUFC I don't think 10th place is good."

Erm aren't you describing exactly what Mourinho did at Porto and what Benitez did at Valencia and Liverpool

So your saying Porto/Valencia/Liverpool were poor teams when mourinho/benitez were managing them? I said poor teams Porto/Valencia/Liverpool are and were not poor teams when those 2 were managing them.

One thing is for certain; the club is more saleable with Rafa as manager than someone like Pardew. Maybe Ashley should cash in while he can. He isn't going to get anyone else of Rafa's quality.

As for Rafa, he will already have worked out that he has 3 main possibilities ahead with NUFC:
1. Ashley sells
2. Ashley stays and gives Rafa funds to invest in the squad
3. Don't bother signing a new contract

So your saying Porto/Valencia/Liverpool were poor teams when mourinho/benitez were managing them? I said poor teams Porto/Valencia/Liverpool are and were not poor teams when those 2 were managing them.

There were at smaller clubs than at present and succeeded. You're trying to argue that both Benitez and Mourinho are shite. Unfortunately you've picked two of the most successful managers in the game when it comes to winning trophies, which call me old fashioned is how I judge success.
Go get Piemag to argue for you he does a much better job.

They managed at the likes of Uniao de Leiria and Extremadura to earn the right to manage at the likes of Porto, Valencia and Liverpool, you dope.

So why did you mention Porto/Valencia/Liverpool as an example? I told you they are and never were poor clubs with a squad of ordinary players. Who mentioned what they won at those clubs and comparing it to the clubs they are at now? Those 3 clubs are big clubs, What the fuck has that got to do with what I stated.

I will say it again what clubs have mourinho/benitez done well at not top clubs like Porto/Valencia/Liverpool with limited funds and a squad of players like benitez has now.

They are successful managers BUT they won trophies with big clubs with world class players and with massive financial backing.

I don't need piemag to argue for me I know what I said in previous posts, you somehow brought up what they won at clubs that were and still are big clubs. I know they won trophies at those clubs but that's not what I was asking. I stated put them in charge of a club with no world class players and no massive transfer budgets and see how they do.

Benitez is doing it now and to be fair to him he has kept them up which is an achievement mourinho had always been in charge of big clubs since I've seen him let's see how he'd do managing a club like us or Burnley or Brighton.

They managed at the likes of Uniao de Leiria and Extremadura to earn the right to manage at the likes of Porto, Valencia and Liverpool, you dope.

What the fuck you on about you daft **** so in your deluded world someone like Sam Allardyce must be world class because he managed us and then he went on to become England manager after all he earned the right to manage England.

I'm sure Pardew/McClaren must be world class managers in your view because they went from managing Reading in pardews case to managing NUFC and McClaren from Derby to England manager.

You really are fucking stupid.

Your original point was Benitez and Mourinho only win things (or do well) at big clubs with big transfer funds, and that they would struggle at smaller clubs with smaller funds.

The owners of Porto and Valencia obviously took enough note of what Mourinho and Benitez did at small clubs with no funds to give them a chance on the bigger stage.

If i could draw you a picture, i would.

And I still state your a ****, does that mean Allardyce is a class manager because he went from managing Sunderland to managing England? Its the same fucking principal.

So why did you mention Porto/Valencia/Liverpool as an example? I told you they are and never were poor clubs with a squad of ordinary players. Who mentioned what they won at those clubs and comparing it to the clubs they are at now? Those 3 clubs are big clubs, What the fuck has that got to do with what I stated.

I will say it again what clubs have mourinho/benitez done well at not top clubs like Porto/Valencia/Liverpool with limited funds and a squad of players like benitez has now.

They are successful managers BUT they won trophies with big clubs with world class players and with massive financial backing.

I don't need piemag to argue for me I know what I said in previous posts, you somehow brought up what they won at clubs that were and still are big clubs. I know they won trophies at those clubs but that's not what I was asking. I stated put them in charge of a club with no world class players and no massive transfer budgets and see how they do.

Benitez is doing it now and to be fair to him he has kept them up which is an achievement mourinho had always been in charge of big clubs since I've seen him let's see how he'd do managing a club like us or Burnley or Brighton.

So by your argument Pep Guardiola's rubbish because he never managed Hartlepools ?

As is say Bob Paisley, what's that Bob ?? You've won 3 European Cups ? Fuck them off , SillyBobCat says you ain't shit unless you've won the Johnson's Paint Trophy .

Ancelotti ?? No !! Fuck his managerial career at Parma , Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich . It's his time at Reggiana that counts .

Go give your head a shake sunshine .

You're kind of tying yourself up in knots here, Bobnob. Allardyce did very well at Notts County with a very limited budget, and was then given an opportunity on the bigger stage by Bolton Wanderers, and subsequently the even bigger stage by Newcastle United.

Exactly the kind of managerial progress you were originally championing.

To be fair in the case of mourinho and Rafa. No Porto weren't a small team but not huge either but winning the champions league was something special with a team of their stature in comparison to the European giants. Admittedly after that he has had large sums of money to build teams but he has still been successful.

As for Rafa, he won the league with Valencia. Has a Spanish team outside of real Madrid and Barcelona won it since? So again, not a small club, but still unexpected. Liverpool winning the champions league was also against the odds.

Rafa this season, 10th placed finish with comparatively little investment. Has built a base from what we had. I'm not always his biggest fan, I think he's wasting two good players in mitrovic and mbemba. I think some of our younger players should be in the squad more (Aaron's, Armstrong perhaps) but he has proved himself as a manager across his career (as has mourinho)