Alli v Jose? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Alli v Jose?

I thought Dele didn't have a good first half but compared to Hojbjerg and Winks he was quality. So I listen to Jose's saying it was tactical and that didn't sit right. I then think back to what happened in previous clubs and what he did to Tanguy and Troy and thought surely he could not have fallen out already but I would not put it past him. When you look at the so called tactical change he made that didn't make sense. If he wanted to change it he could as people say just moved Dele back and gone the same as Everton. Or I would have pushed forward. Take Hojbjerg and Lucas of because he was pointless. Drop Dele with Winks and put Berg and Lamela on and really have a go. Instead of basically blaming Dele and seemingly upsetting the dressing room.
What surprised me the most is its the opening game of the season and he didn't give Dele the benefit of the doubt for the first 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half. If we were a month or so into the season and Dele had been in bad form, sure, I might understand that.

I know Dele hasn't been on his game for a while now, for various reasons, but he's still a better bet than most players we have to make or grab a goal. Bringing Sissoko on meant one less attacking option until Bergwijn was introduced and for me the right sub to make on the hour would have been Bergwijn for Lucas or Dele, depending on how Mourinho's half time instructions panned out.

But hey, what do I know!

Yup, that Jose is a tactically inept, horrible man manager and is turning what was a very successful football team into an angry, sulky mess....I feel so sorry for the players...it must be hell to be told they aren’t as good as they think they are...I mean, why would anyone say that to successful professionals with a history of winning things at Spurs....

Yup, that Jose is a tactically inept, horrible man manager and is turning what was a very successful football team into an angry, sulky mess....I feel so sorry for the players...it must be hell to be told they aren’t as good as they think they are...I mean, why would anyone say that to successful professionals with a history of winning things at Spurs....
Dripping with sarcasm! :LOL:

What surprised me the most is its the opening game of the season and he didn't give Dele the benefit of the doubt for the first 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half. If we were a month or so into the season and Dele had been in bad form, sure, I might understand that.

I know Dele hasn't been on his game for a while now, for various reasons, but he's still a better bet than most players we have to make or grab a goal. Bringing Sissoko on meant one less attacking option until Bergwijn was introduced and for me the right sub to make on the hour would have been Bergwijn for Lucas or Dele, depending on how Mourinho's half time instructions panned out.

But hey, what do I know!

We should have finished that game with Lamela ,Berg and Son backing up Kane if we were really going for it. I knew on the day something happened because we were so flat after halftime . It looked like they all stopped believing and that is the managers fault.

No he's a princess. He cried when he injured Gomes. He was also bang out of order when confronted by Hugo, who is his skipper after all. Cooler heads prevail.

I blame Poch. Son is a good guy but like all good guys need some tough love from time to time. The selfishness on the ball, the lack of focus defensively and now perhaps a superiority complex surfacing. Poch had 4 years with the player who could have been one of the world's best by now. He never will be.

Here's an alternative view of Jose's heavily-criticised man-management style. It's an excerpt from a interview with Fernando Torres. Probably the key sentence - for me anyway - is the last one.

Torres knows that Mourinho is being criticised but calls for patience. “He’s a top manager. I learnt a lot from him. He needs time to do his work. I’m sure if he has time in Tottenham he will do really well, much better than everybody’s expecting now. He’s also the kind of manager that when the pressure is higher, and with everybody’s maybe thinking that he’s not working any more, he gives 100 per cent and even more.

“He’s very good face-to-face. He controls really well the dressing room and he controls really well the egos. That’s why when he is managing a top club with top players he’s great. If you don’t have those egos — maybe you can see now in Tottenham — it’s more difficult for him because he’s a fantastic manager when he has players with ambitions because he has the same.”

Here's an alternative view of Jose's heavily-criticised man-management style. It's an excerpt from a interview with Fernando Torres. Probably the key sentence - for me anyway - is the last one.

Torres knows that Mourinho is being criticised but calls for patience. “He’s a top manager. I learnt a lot from him. He needs time to do his work. I’m sure if he has time in Tottenham he will do really well, much better than everybody’s expecting now. He’s also the kind of manager that when the pressure is higher, and with everybody’s maybe thinking that he’s not working any more, he gives 100 per cent and even more.

“He’s very good face-to-face. He controls really well the dressing room and he controls really well the egos. That’s why when he is managing a top club with top players he’s great. If you don’t have those egos — maybe you can see now in Tottenham — it’s more difficult for him because he’s a fantastic manager when he has players with ambitions because he has the same.”
Spot on Gary....I’m disappointed with the whingeing about him on here..it’s probably worse than the players themselves....in case people have forgotten there is a massive job to do at the club to transform it from a Levy top6 is ok for the balance sheet club into one that really can win things, and with the financial mess that we are in currently it’s going to take a lot of work and the acquisition of players with talent and ambition who recognise it is up to them to raise their games instead of crying when criticised...we need MEN in the club...Jose is one of them.

Spot on Gary....I’m disappointed with the whingeing about him on here..it’s probably worse than the players themselves....in case people have forgotten there is a massive job to do at the club to transform it from a Levy top6 is ok for the balance sheet club into one that really can win things, and with the financial mess that we are in currently it’s going to take a lot of work and the acquisition of players with talent and ambition who recognise it is up to them to raise their games instead of crying when criticised...we need MEN in the club...Jose is one of them.

It is also so early in his tenure. I appreciate the transfers have been compromised because of the current financial state. However, he looks like he might have a nicely balanced squad with some very good players and some exciting youngsters.

If I have one concern it's him not being able to control his own biases. I said last season he was getting the best out of Aurier but knew he wasn't the future Spurs RB. It looked like bias but he had a plan and to me, that was good management optimising what he had. It's now clear that there is bias towards Sissoko and Moura and perhaps some surfacing with Toby. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a plan for their eventual replacements like he had with Aurier, culminating in a winning Spurs.

It's also interesting to see where there tough love is being dished out i.e. to the best players. That means Jose is more invested into them as he is taking the time to take them through the gears. There's no point showing that same tough love to Toby by hauling him off at half time because he is not our future. I just hope he knows what he's doing with Dele.

Agree with you guys....the issue is that we do not have enough players who have a will to win and a desire to be the best they can be. Many appear unhappy and lazy but happy to take the fat salaries win ior lose. It must be a nightmare trying to manage most of them.

He's a serial winner Harry.

I blame Poch. Son is a good guy but like all good guys need some tough love from time to time. The selfishness on the ball, the lack of focus defensively and now perhaps a superiority complex surfacing. Poch had 4 years with the player who could have been one of the world's best by now. He never will be.
The lad's confident in his ability, he's also a happy-go-lucky chap who raises the spirits of those around him. These are huge positives in his make up.

Poch had his favourites, the lads who could do no wrong. Son was clearly one of them. He needed reigning in & Poch like every proud father tended to overlook his shortcomings.

Until now according to the naysayers....I hope we stick with him and see it through.
I'm sure that the Club will stick with him unless the worst possible scenario develops and we find ourselves in a relegation scenario. The bigger concern for Jose currently is that player power usually wins, and if there are seven or eight of them who don't want to play for him for whatever reason, he is on a hiding to nothing. Jose's favourite expression of late has been 'my boys', I'm not sure too many are buying into it.

I'm sure that the Club will stick with him unless the worst possible scenario develops and we find ourselves in a relegation scenario. The bigger concern for Jose currently is that player power usually wins, and if there are seven or eight of them who don't want to play for him for whatever reason, he is on a hiding to nothing. Jose's favourite expression of late has been 'my boys', I'm not sure too many are buying into it.
And that’s exactly what needs sorting out with these players...they have already got rid of one manager so if there has to be a reckoning I hope this manager gets rid of them...we don’t need at this club however big they think they are....but once again, all the “he’s lost the dressing room “ rumours are stated as facts by people who have no direct knowledge at all and attribute thoughts, words and actions to Jose that they have no idea whether they are true or not.

Dele going will send a message. Both the club and Dele need this to move forward. Bale coming back for Jose shuts down any anti Jose bullshit.