Alexander Gone | Vital Football

Alexander Gone

I wish him well, he worked hard and did his best for the club. I don't see him finishing out his career at League level though.
He is only 29.He might choose to drop out the league? But I would guess he will get offered dead at league level.Had he lacked confidence in his own ability he wouldn't have agreed a mutual deal to leave.

He is only 29.He might choose to drop out the league? But I would guess he will get offered dead at league level.Had he lacked confidence in his own ability he wouldn't have agreed a mutual deal to leave.

Hope he does, I am just not sure from what I've seen that he is a consistently good enough performer to mix it competitively in League Two and most of his performances have been at Conference National level.

Might have agreed to a mutual termination regardless due to being effectively 3rd choice in his role now that we have McKenzie to cover for Hutton at RWB. He signed before Galinsons so not like he'd be sitting around on big wages either.

He needs to be a free agent by Thursday to join anyone after Thursday and play this season, thats assuming he hasn't got something lined up already.
It is also possible he was outside of our maximum list of senior players?
That being the case maybe he would not be able to play.

Writing was on the wall once Hutton was signed & probably confirms what most of us had guessed already following his absences from the match day squad.

Not the worst rb I've seen ( Duncan Jupp in perpetuity) but looked uncomfortable as a wing back which was surprising as he was better going forward than defending.

Frees up money for another one in.

I thought he had a good start to the season, but seemed to lose his Mojo at around the time Harris went and he got selected for Antigua (or was it Barbados?). After that he hasn't looked the same player and I agree that wing back does suit him at all. Hutton is clearly a big upgrade and Mackenzie can do a job there or at RB until the end of the season if needed and has the added bonus that he can fill in at LB, CB and midfield, so I think it's a sensible move and hopefully allows us to get someone else in other positions.

I thought he had a good start to the season, but seemed to lose his Mojo at around the time Harris went and he got selected for Antigua (or was it Barbados?). After that he hasn't looked the same player and I agree that wing back does suit him at all. Hutton is clearly a big upgrade and Mackenzie can do a job there or at RB until the end of the season if needed and has the added bonus that he can fill in at LB, CB and midfield, so I think it's a sensible move and hopefully allows us to get someone else in other positions.
St Lucia.

Hope he does, I am just not sure from what I've seen that he is a consistently good enough performer to mix it competitively in League Two and most of his performances have been at Conference National level.
A bit harsh.

We shall see where he ends up but witnessing his last league game for the club at Colchester, he was trusted to be the furthest man back when we had a corner and in the second half he saw off the dangerous break by the speedy Joe Taylor, ensuring we kept a clean sheet. Since then, we have conceded 4 in 3 with McKenzie and then Hutton.

He clearly is not as good going forward as Hutton so this is obviously a sign that for the future we are going to stick to three centre backs with wing backs, even if we concede more goals.

Thanks for everything and good luck, Cheye.

Great goal against AFCW but Hutton shows us what we were missing from Alexander. We need to be signing more that are clear upgrades on those they replace. Good luck to him.

A bit harsh.

We shall see where he ends up but witnessing his last league game for the club at Colchester, he was trusted to be the furthest man back when we had a corner and in the second half he saw off the dangerous break by the speedy Joe Taylor, ensuring we kept a clean sheet. Since then, we have conceded 4 in 3 with McKenzie and then Hutton.

He clearly is not as good going forward as Hutton so this is obviously a sign that for the future we are going to stick to three centre backs with wing backs, even if we concede more goals.

Thanks for everything and good luck, Cheye.
he's not going to take a pay off without a deal lined up elsewhere.

he's not going to take a pay off without a deal lined up elsewhere.
I would have thought it will be one or the other - a pay off OR a deal already agreed elsewhere.

It will interesting who will take over as penalty taker. I think only he and Nichols have taken them in recent times and Tom is rarely a starter these days.

Perhaps Bonne?

Always wonder with mutual consent deals whether it’s 3 months payoff Cheye gets? Assuming he has six months left on his deal. Were we to pay him the full six months there would be no point in releasing him. And I doubt he will agree to go without some form of payoff.

I would have thought it will be one or the other - a pay off OR a deal already agreed elsewhere.

It will interesting who will take over as penalty taker. I think only he and Nichols have taken them in recent times and Tom is rarely a starter these days.

Perhaps Bonne?
he wont be getting 5 months money from gfc.

Mutual consent deals in football players worlds are not 100% payoffs.

Always wonder with mutual consent deals whether it’s 3 months payoff Cheye gets? Assuming he has six months left on his deal. Were we to pay him the full six months there would be no point in releasing him. And I doubt he will agree to go without some form of payoff.
this.