Akinde Set To Sign For Gillingham? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Akinde Set To Sign For Gillingham?

Thought he got 2 this season? Opening day v Accrington and Rotherham in the mickey mouse trophy?
Yes, he did. That makes his totals:

2018-19: 17 including 9 penalties (9 scored from 10 taken)
2019-20: 8 including 2 penalties (2 scored from 3 taken)

Total: 25 including 11 penalties (11 scored from 13 taken)

Good move for all parties ,John can go back south we free up some funds and Gillingham get a decent player

Avg age is lowering

Not a league one striker but another league one side has signed him.
Some have said he wasn't even a league two striker, conference standard some said o well gone now, best of luck to him.

Good luck to JA. I thought he generally did a great all-round job asked of him by DC, resulting in a title win. Though he's not the clinical striker we maybe expected.

On that note, Steve Evans knows Akinde from the Crawley days.
His goal record at Crawley : Apps 40 Goals 2
Admittedly he was often used as a sub ,but even so, Evans must have a terrible memory !

Perhaps he was as fed up of being here as some of his critics were of his play.

shame as he had real presence and a physicality not many have.

Good luck big john and thank you for promotion

I assume we didn't need to sell so Evans would have to have paid irrespective of what comes out of his mouth

I see some of their fans are saying we are paying part of his wages. I hope not as that would be silly

Good luck to JA. I thought he generally did a great all-round job asked of him by DC, resulting in a title win. Though he's not the clinical striker we maybe expected.

On that note, Steve Evans knows Akinde from the Crawley days.
His goal record at Crawley : Apps 40 Goals 2
Admittedly he was often used as a sub ,but even so, Evans must have a terrible memory !

Yes that was one of the clubs i was thinking of when I said he had a general fail at.
At Barnet he was a big success.
With us, it was inbetween.

Hopefully Evans can get him back to that Crawley form when they play us and otherwise JA can ignore everything Evans tells him and put in some Barnet performances against our Lge1 rivals !

Interestingly our website and Gillingham’s says undisclosed fee, ssn has it as a free. It also has Toffallo at what was mentioned on here 500 k.

Big John involved in both Gills goals at Rochdale.
who needs to score goals to be effective on the pitch over the 90,big John creates chances for his striking partners just by his presence.

I'm not sure he even touched the ball for either goal. Looked like he jumped and missed (facing backwards for the first) and the ball bounced to a team mate. I wish him well, but he looked a little lost to me.

I predict that when he has a good game for Gillingham some people will say, "told you so". When he has a bad game some people will say, "told you so". It probably sums JA up tenure whilst he was here. He did his job reasonably well and worked hard to get us over the line last season. It was probably for the best regarding all parties that he moved on when he did. He played a full and respectable role for the side without ever really being a star performer and I expect him to do the same at Gillingham. JA can move on knowing he played his part and we can move on hoping that his replacement can take us to the next level.

I'm not sure he even touched the ball for either goal. Looked like he jumped and missed (facing backwards for the first) and the ball bounced to a team mate. I wish him well, but he looked a little lost to me.

I'll give him benefit of the doubt with the second one ... the ball appeared to be heading into the goal area before it reached JA, but finished up moving away from the goal area after it had passed him.

Why are so many deals now undisclosed?! It's boring... why can't we have the juicy facts on all the deals. I think every deal should be transparent and us fans could then chew on them knowing the full picture.

Why are so many deals now undisclosed?! It's boring... why can't we have the juicy facts on all the deals. I think every deal should be transparent and us fans could then chew on them knowing the full picture.

I read somewhere once that it is illegal to disclose transfer fees! Not sure why!