AFC Ajax (I Lancieri) vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 24 | Vital Football

AFC Ajax (I Lancieri) vs. Tottenham Hotspur

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footb...ll-in-dressing-room-after-incredible-ucl-win/
UEFA Champions League | 9 h ago
WATCH: Tottenham Hotspur players sing “Wonderwall” in dressing room after incredible UCL win
spurajx.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur made it to the UEFA Champions League (UCL) final after a stunning 3-3 aggregate win over Ajax in the semi-finals, and certainly knew how to celebrate it.
Moussa Sissoko shared some incredible dressing room scenes on his Instagram after the game, where the Spurs players can be witnessed singing “wonderwall” by Oasis together in unison. Truly mind blowing.

SPURS09.00_00_28_08.Still001_768x432.jpg

Next:
Feature: Ajax 2-3 Tottenham Data Review
5179334_1_346733bb716874178ab9ba772faa7f7e_JPEG_480x270-00002_768x432.jpg

UEFA Champions League: Tottenham Hotspur dressing room celebrations
A hat-trick from Lucas Moura in the second half turned the entire tie on its head after Ajax had taken a two-goal lead on the night and looked all set to head to the final against Liverpool.
As it turned out however, it was Tottenham who did the unthinkable and fought back to win a truly memorable match in Amsterdam.

So, it’s Thursday night in Port Moresby, Papua Niugini. I’ve been awake since Wednesday night, 24 hours, meaning I had no sleep before the game, and no sleep after the game.
I’m so charged with sheer pride, excitement and disbelief which has fuelled me all day.
I’m lonely as I’m in PNG on business ( flying home to Brisbane on Friday) and nobody to share my joy with. At breakfast, half an hour after the game, I was trying to explain to the management of this 6 star hotel what had just happened (unbelievable place) in which I’m staying. They had no idea who Tottenham are. My butlers had no idea, my customers grinned and nodded, but had no idea. I started a board room meeting with the Spurs analogy, but they too had no idea, but got the principle.

I apologise to anyone I offended this morning on this forum( last night your time) as I was so annoyed that we did not put in for both halves, and know that we cannot get away with this against Pool.

I’ve only just now had some celebratory Jack Daniels and feel so relieved and proud of our lads, and also proud of each and every one of you on this site that lived every minute of that incredible match. We’ll all remember this for as long as we live. I actually feel like we’ve won the damn thing already.....weird I know.

It’s been a rocky road since I first gave my heart to Spurs in 1978. I’m honestly in tears as I write this. Thank you Tottenham. I love this Club so very much. Yes we all have our opinions and get upset when things don’t go our way. That’s true passion and it’s OK.
Don’t ever question our loyalty. I know everyone on here would give their left testicle to see us win something, as we always seem to miss by ‘that much’.

I’m already plotting on how I and my wife can manage a few days to fly to Madrid.

Anyway, congratulations to Spurs and every single supporter world wide. You’ve done us proud.

Lucas Moura, you are an absolute hero.

Jan apparently was photographed by Belgian TV boarding the bus using crutches and in a protective boot.
Early theories is that he injured himself in celebrations!!!! FFS you couldnt make it up.
?‍♂️

There is just no way I’m going to be able to sleep tonight . I’ve almost demolished a bottle of whiskey and just started on the beers . I am absolutely buzzing . I ve been dancing with my wife who hasn’t a clue what is going on , I’ve been crying with Poch , it means so much to him , ive been laughing till my sides hurt , ive been phoning my mates and its cost a fortune , who fucking cares,? I’ve been extolling the virtues of all the players , and what a fucking second half they put in , everyone . Even Tripps ( second half only ) Sissoko , Alli , Llorente , Moura , Rose , Toby , Verts, all of them . Magnificent .
There is just no way I’m going to sleep . I’ve got the highlights being recorded at the moment , so that when I do get out of bed in the morning I can watch it all again !
Seeing Terry Dyson score in the cup final , all them years ago , which secured the almost ( then ) impossible Double has always been the highlight of my Spurs life . I think this has just equalled it .

I can’t believe it .
I now know why I support Tottenham . It’s because of moments like this . They can drag you down to the depths of despair and they can leave you feeling like this ,up there on top of a mountain , like there is just nothing in the world that can beat this feeling .
Thank you Tottenham . Thank you Thank you Thank you .
I’ve told my Dad and he is smiling .He is looking down and smiling . Boy is he smiling .
Pissed ? Fucking right I am .

Well played brother...well played!!! Wish I was there to share some of that whiskey with ya.

Absolutely loving sharing this moment with all of you fine fellas!

COYS!!!

I think Delli is the one player that can make or break us. If he plays like we all know he can, he can drive his way through teams, humiliating them. But if he plays as he has lately, he loses the ball in tackles, misses shots, makes rash tackles, is petulant etc. We need to reset his game back to the good thinking, entrepreneurial, classy fast passer that scares defences. But I think he needs to learn to be robust and lose his fear.

I think Delli is the one player that can make or break us. If he plays like we all know he can, he can drive his way through teams, humiliating them. But if he plays as he has lately, he loses the ball in tackles, misses shots, makes rash tackles, is petulant etc. We need to reset his game back to the good thinking, entrepreneurial, classy fast passer that scares defences. But I think he needs to learn to be robust and lose his fear.
He has been asked to do too much water carrying and to remind everyone he is special he trys stupid tricks in bad areas to stop his own boredom. We need to get him back to what he is an attacking CM box to box player like Lampard. That means buying two top class DM. Not sure about Donny VB, buy if we lose Chris Zeyech is a must. It's funny but last night I saw that De ligt would be mad to go to Barca he is too raw. We should tell him to come learn his craft with Jan.

He was played further up last night and that’s we he is most effective. More of this please Poch!

I mean, regarding Delli, He does get back to defend as they all do. Pochettino has the team defending well as well as pushing up and attacking, they all have to do the attacking shift and pull their weight. In fairness last night, Delli put in quite a shot on goal but the GK was right there. I think he might be better given a straighter role, I know that’s not Pochettino’s way, make him define his game more. He can diversify more later but he looks lost sometimes.

As another issue, we lack accuracy when we shoot. Look at say, hi Kompanys shot on Saturday. How much shooting practice does the team get? I’d love to watch training sometime. Ok we’ve had some screamers in our time. If I were Danny say, I’d want my first goal for Spurs replicated with many more like the one against Arsenal. David Beckham used to stay for an hour extra after everyone else had left training just to practice his shooting. That paid off. I know our lads train hard, Pochettino drives them pretty hard, particularly with the smaller squad that we have. But maybe shooting should be given a bigger emphasis, it could pay divvies. We get plenty of chances but it’s frustrating to see goals go missing with balls ending up in the stand or in the gks hands. Danny often overcooks the cross as we all know and it goes out or we lose possession. Accuracy should be worked on more as I see it.