AFC Ajax (I Lancieri) vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 21 | Vital Football

AFC Ajax (I Lancieri) vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Bad week for UEFA and referees. They must be absolutely gutted that 2 English sides will grace the final and bring the money home. That is never in their script.

1st goal - with the benefit of technology, no video ref should allow a player to run into a position to block off our centre half, raise his arms behind him to wrestle him and then watch a ball come into that zone. I get it if you don't have technology supporting the officials. It's called fucking clever and on a Sunday morning in the pub league and fully understand why you get away with it. In front of millions with technology in place, there's nowhere for the video ref to hide.

2nd goal - no ref should see a boot go to head height where Trippier's head was and not blow up. It was the European refs that were supposed to be more stringent on this stuff. Now we see a goal happen directly after the ref just chose to ignore it. Just follow the fucking rules. That's your job.

So admittedly playing badly, but unfairly 2-0 down plus I counted 5 separate occasions where Ziyech should have been booked. Twice he kicked Rose's legs away as he was running away with the ball. We're back to the Pep and City conversation where the dark arts just aren't being punished. Any foul high up in their half and you just know that the ref will bottle it.

So yes I feel bad for Ajax losing in the way they did. They are a great club with a great academy and they keep unearthing players. Their team keeps getting dismantled and they keep coming back. I hope we nick another couple of their finest, even Ziyech :-)

But I am sticking my middle finger up tonight at UEFA, FIFA and all the referees who just keep ignoring the rules of the game. In the real and pure world of football (that time forgot) we would have finished 3-0 winners playing against 10 men. Instead, we had to dig deep and the Spurs players were all heroes, even Trips who played through the pain barrier again with that chronic groin injury.

As much character as I've seen from a Spurs side, whilst acknowledging the naivety of the young Ajax players.

Can we please never play Tripper again please please please KWP on the final
No we can not play him and I concur with you he should not be on the team sheet Salah will eat him for breakfast. How can we send your message to POch maybe we should ask the Administrator

Last edited:
Tottenham hotspur in a champions league final!! never in my life did i think i would see it. That 2nd half performance, wow, absolute heroes ,every single one of them. Don't mind admitting i teared up at the end with poch! Heres a toast to an epic night, COYS!!!!

There is just no way I’m going to be able to sleep tonight . I’ve almost demolished a bottle of whiskey and just started on the beers . I am absolutely buzzing . I ve been dancing with my wife who hasn’t a clue what is going on , I’ve been crying with Poch , it means so much to him , ive been laughing till my sides hurt , ive been phoning my mates and its cost a fortune , who fucking cares,? I’ve been extolling the virtues of all the players , and what a fucking second half they put in , everyone . Even Tripps ( second half only ) Sissoko , Alli , Llorente , Moura , Rose , Toby , Verts, all of them . Magnificent .
There is just no way I’m going to sleep . I’ve got the highlights being recorded at the moment , so that when I do get out of bed in the morning I can watch it all again !
Seeing Terry Dyson score in the cup final , all them years ago , which secured the almost ( then ) impossible Double has always been the highlight of my Spurs life . I think this has just equalled it .

I can’t believe it .
I now know why I support Tottenham . It’s because of moments like this . They can drag you down to the depths of despair and they can leave you feeling like this ,up there on top of a mountain , like there is just nothing in the world that can beat this feeling .
Thank you Tottenham . Thank you Thank you Thank you .
I’ve told my Dad and he is smiling .He is looking down and smiling . Boy is he smiling .
Pissed ? Fucking right I am .

We have not got a chance against the bindippers have we !
Ha ha . Bring them on , bring the world on .
This has got our name on it , this Cup .
Remember the times when the opposition had us on the ropes throughout this years Champions League and they all thought we would lay down and roll over . Where are they now . :party: