Administrators Credibility | Vital Football

Administrators Credibility

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
Whatever your views are either way I think "Fear" has now lost all credibility as an admin in my eyes. To change your mind and give in when a few people start whinging is not a good sign. I think I can safely say When Worbo made a call he stuck to it.

Why would anyone want to be an Admin of a message board? Is there a more thankless task?

I fully agree that there's no call for personal insults, but discussion about the direct involvement of one of the people purported to be (partly?) responsible (in some way) seems a reasonable topic.

Given that it's literally all over bar the shouting, the thread had served it's purpose anyway.

For me, The Fear has always tried to treat this site as if its populated by adults, regardless of any childish behaviour.

If I flip your point around Zakky, wasn't he giving in to a few people whinging when they asked for the thread to be closed, or moved to Off Topic?

For me, I reckon the best thing the Admin could do would be to ignore any flags pinged to him, and just let things sort 'emselves out. I've never reported anything to Admin, and can't really see why others feel the need to.

Whatever your views are either way I think "Fear" has now lost all credibility as an admin in my eyes. To change your mind and give in when a few people start whinging is not a good sign. I think I can safely say When Worbo made a call he stuck to it.
Case of damned if you do and damned if you don't
I feel fear was in a corner on this one and did not want to upset anyone
I think it was right to shut that thread down and still do
But as it stands no one else is running this board and fear is all we have
I have no problems with fear running this site

Fear made the right call in reversing his decision to satisfy those that had expressed an opinion.
It's a pity more people cannot accept a different point of view.

Personally as I didnt contribute to the takeover thread I was no longer bothered if it was closed or kept open as I think we have now moved on.

I was not one who winged to him about it I openly suggested to him that the thread had run its course and maybe move it off topic. It was he who decided as I was the original instegator that he would close it down .indecently I believe this is not the first time Fear has backed down and opened up a post after closing one down.
He seems a decent bloke and yes it's a thankless task but in my view needs to be stronger when put under pressure.

Last edited:
Reet, for me we are all letting off steam from the past 9 months frustrations, the admin dude said that himself the other night and let a few things go.

End of the day we wouldn't be having this conversation if people would stop whinging and bleating to the admin in the first place, for those that did hit the report button.......Remember no one forces you to read certain threads if you don't like them do what i do, give them a miss.

Edit....Or maybe Zakky wrongly saw his arse at the thought of his beloved thread being hijacked.

Last edited:
I was not one who winged to him about it I openly suggested to him that the thread had run its course and maybe move it off topic. It was he who decided as I was the original instegator that he would close it down .indecently I believe this is not the first time Fear has backed down and opened up a post after closing one down.
He seems a decent bloke and yes it's a thankless task but in my view needs to be stronger when put under pressure.

I get that you didn't report it Zakky, but you called for action to be taken. I'm not sure if anyone reported it (privately) as well, but regardless, The Fear responded, probably without giving it too much attention.

That prompted other posters to say that it wasn't Off Topic (Nandy's involvement) and there was still things to discuss on the subject.

So, The Fear responded to the (presumably) louder call for the thread to remain.
It's not really a case of being "strong under pressure", more responding to the wishes of posters.

I'm sure that if there were any volunteers on here offering to be Admin, The Fear would be only too willing to get more support.

If it was my thread Zakky I'd not want it put into off topic unless it was getting so toxic that it was the only option....yes it has gone off topic a few times but normally came back on topic. I also believe that the thread hasn't run it's course quite yet as the i's & t's haven't been dotted n crossed. With you on the thankless task of admin...dammed if he does / dammed if he doesn't. If I was you I'd just be chuffed that the thread has gone on so long with so many posts...so well done you 👏🍻

The thread hasn't run its course, in case you hadn't noticed the takeover isn't done yet. I also want to talk about them post completion as they undertake media duties and we find out their intentions for the club.

As for the Fear, he does a great job. Easy to sit and moan when you've got no responsibility to moderate and what a shite job it must be with grown men whinging at you from behind a keyboard acting three quarters their age. I certainly couldn't do it, so well done to him!

A couple of months ago I contacted The Fear and tentatively broached the subject of taking on some admin duties, not because I felt he was in any way not doing a good job or was letting us down in some way, but because I thought I could add a little more "structure" to the content given that I'm a "fairly" regular reader.

The Fear was open to the idea but advised me to think it through first as he suggested that "being admin" can negatively impact your experience of the forum as a poster / contributor. In the end I took it no further.

If people think for some reason that things would somehow improve with "a latics mon" involved in Admin duties I'm prepared to give it a go (perhaps initially on a trial basis).

I would absolutely not get involved however in removing users, blocking access or removing comments etc (just for the record I've never clicked "report" on any post ever) , but I would likely do things like starting / splitting / merging / moving threads which might annoy some of you.

Any support for the idea or should I just crawl back under my rock ?
or
Does anyone else fancy taking on any Admin duties ?

A couple of months ago I contacted The Fear and tentatively broached the subject of taking on some admin duties, not because I felt he was in any way not doing a good job or was letting us down in some way, but because I thought I could add a little more "structure" to the content given that I'm a "fairly" regular reader.

The Fear was open to the idea but advised me to think it through first as he suggested that "being admin" can negatively impact your experience of the forum as a poster / contributor. In the end I took it no further.

If people think for some reason that things would somehow improve with "a latics mon" involved in Admin duties I'm prepared to give it a go (perhaps initially on a trial basis).

I would absolutely not get involved however in removing users, blocking access or removing comments etc (just for the record I've never clicked "report" on any post ever) , but I would likely do things like starting / splitting / merging / moving threads which might annoy some of you.

or

As the old saying goes Arthur_Itis....
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I'd say why not give it a go, see how you like / don't like it on as you say a trial basis. Most probably a thankless task but if you can get something out of it then why not.....

Nice idea Arthur but you can't play good cop, good cop. Unfortunately on occasion shit needs doing so if that side doesn't fill you with joy it would be pointless.

We need a shithouse to do it...anybody any suggestions ?

Nice idea Arthur but you can't play good cop, good cop. Unfortunately on occasion shit needs doing so if that side doesn't fill you with joy it would be pointless.

We need a shithouse to do it...anybody any suggestions ?

I'd be leaving the bad cop work to the Fear Hindleymon. He'd still be "overall" admin.

or

Aye, give it a crack Arthur.