Administrators Credibility | Page 2 | Vital Football

Administrators Credibility

Give me the admin job to me, first thing to go would be the cowardly report button, you could say whatever you like without getting chastised or banned.
This site would be banging within a month, if you dont like it the choice would be yours, join in or stay away.

Give me the admin job to me, first thing to go would be the cowardly report button, you could say whatever you like without getting chastised or banned.
This site would be banging within a month, if you dont like it the choice would be yours, join in or stay away.

So could I get away with calling you a despicable attention seeking cowardly noshow dog walking obese shithouse without getting banned?

Edit: clarification now received that T&C MBW is actually obese.

Last edited:

Would descend into utter chaos within a week if you were to go for /* get the admin job.....probably less as The Fear would prob replace u before the site was deserted. As I've said a few times people should be able to say what they want within reason but in remembering would you ( not u specifically T&C) to your fellow poster what you'd say to them face to face.....

*Edited to insert /get

I get your point here, but disagree re the "banging within a month" bit.

Maybe it would be better if the action of reporting was a public one, where the reporter, the reported and the reason were all visible to other posters.

Thing is, there does have to be a certain self censorship. There's just no need for personal abuse. It's one thing calling somebody to their face, but doing it behind a keyboard is just as cowardly as your point re hitting the report button T&C.

On reflection, happen it's best if you avoid having the ref's whistle. You might end up swallowing the pea when you hear the first chorus of "the referee's a w@^%£r!
:whist:

;)

Thing is I try to run it how you guys want it, not how I want it.

The other night - and it was night - my time and I was trying to help. Not sure if I have lost credibility, would be surprising after running the entire network for 15 years if closing and opening one thread caused such a downfall... :grinning:

I could login as vitalfootballadmin, build no relations with all you fine folks, be officious/official and god how boring that would be.

And if I've made mistakes in the past, I've always reversed them, on any forum. I'm not very precious and respect the majority view.

I also, (despite my love of this network and my appreciation of all the users who come on, as the loyalty is what has made Vital so great over the years despite the onslaught of social media and other pressures competition wise) try not to take these things too seriously, there is a big bad (!) world out there and these places are meant to be our fun/entertainment.

JUST TO BE CLEAR though. I have consulted over the years with numerous users by pm and acted on what I think is the majority view, and I am not running this board as a Villa fan. As said, I am more than happy to go back to the boring vitalfootballadmin login, but that is without personality and to me, is 'hiding' behind a badge.

I have asked a few over the years if they want to be alert team members and quite rightly - don't blame them at all - they've said no thanks... (or two other words, one ending in off !!!!!!!!!)

Will be more than happy to make arthur_itis admin to do the sticking, moving, closing etc threads. Then I can do the other side as it isn't fair for him to come on and have to give warnings or get involved with the arguments (and lets be honest, most of this is fairly infrequent, it isn't as if I am having to 'tell people off' that often!)

@ZAKKY

Fair play to you Fear on putting out your post above. To me I don't think you need to explain yourself as nothing untoward has gone on bar perhaps you touching on making Arthur_Itis at his own request an admin assistant...Good on him btw if he wants to do it. The few on here complaining about your intervention(s) are most probably the posters who have been on the end of a complaint or been abusive / out of order.
IMO the Fear is doing a good job especially in the dammed if you do, dammed if you don't scenario's.

Thing is I try to run it how you guys want it, not how I want it.

The other night - and it was night - my time and I was trying to help. Not sure if I have lost credibility, would be surprising after running the entire network for 15 years if closing and opening one thread caused such a downfall... :grinning:

I could login as vitalfootballadmin, build no relations with all you fine folks, be officious/official and god how boring that would be.

And if I've made mistakes in the past, I've always reversed them, on any forum. I'm not very precious and respect the majority view.

I also, (despite my love of this network and my appreciation of all the users who come on, as the loyalty is what has made Vital so great over the years despite the onslaught of social media and other pressures competition wise) try not to take these things too seriously, there is a big bad (!) world out there and these places are meant to be our fun/entertainment.

JUST TO BE CLEAR though. I have consulted over the years with numerous users by pm and acted on what I think is the majority view, and I am not running this board as a Villa fan. As said, I am more than happy to go back to the boring vitalfootballadmin login, but that is without personality and to me, is 'hiding' behind a badge.

I have asked a few over the years if they want to be alert team members and quite rightly - don't blame them at all - they've said no thanks... (or two other words, one ending in off !!!!!!!!!)

Will be more than happy to make arthur_itis admin to do the sticking, moving, closing etc threads. Then I can do the other side as it isn't fair for him to come on and have to give warnings or get involved with the arguments (and lets be honest, most of this is fairly infrequent, it isn't as if I am having to 'tell people off' that often!)

@ZAKKY

I think you do a good job Fear, i personally don't think you've done anything wrong or lost any credibility. I've got to be honest i don't understand why it's upset anyone.

The thread was going off the rails and think it was a good call to close it, but if enough people feel strongly they want to carry on then reinstalling it to reflect that doesn't make the original call wrong or the reversal of the decision evidence of an initial mistake.

I wont speak in absolutes for anyone other than myself, but the impression i get is most folks on here appreciate the thankless task of administrating this board is for the Fear.

The only admins i'm fed up with aren't the ones on this board.
For me i'd say keep going as you are Fear. :cheers:

Cheers folks, must admit, I re-opened and merged because the part 2 was going exactly the same way anyway!

And that is why I SUGGESTED that it may be better to go off topic.

But it really wasn't off topic that was the trouble. So I froze it, then had a strop (I'm allowed the odd one!) and merged the threads and said I wouldn't listen to any other alerts (Of course I would have!)

And that is why I SUGGESTED that it may be better to go off topic.

Zakky possibly repeating what I said in an earlier post on in the Takeover thread, with so many posts, it's a testament to the interest in the subject. It has at times got heated, gone off topic but then back on topic, so imo I feel it's better for it to remain where it is bearing in mind that once the takeover is finalised there will be even more to post, be that good, bad or indifferent posts. Yes there will still be the usual suspects adding positive posts to the thread in the same way the usual suspects being negative whilst the political posts will no doubt come & go as usual but at least their will for the time being be a thread where we can post about the takeover...😉

Zakky possibly repeating what I said in an earlier post on in the Takeover thread, with so many posts, it's a testament to the interest in the subject. It has at times got heated, gone off topic but then back on topic, so imo I feel it's better for it to remain where it is bearing in mind that once the takeover is finalised there will be even more to post, be that good, bad or indifferent posts. Yes there will still be the usual suspects adding positive posts to the thread in the same way the usual suspects being negative whilst the political posts will no doubt come & go as usual but at least their will for the time being be a thread where we can post about the takeover...😉

Thanks for your reply Jock, I'm happy to go with the majority if they want to keep it. The reason I suggested it in the first place was that last week I just couldent bare to read it anymore as two or three posters were arguing the same political points over and over again to the detrement of anything else and I think this may be putting other posters off when most just want to talk about football matters related to the takeover.

Thanks for your reply Jock, I'm happy to go with the majority if they want to keep it. The reason I suggested it in the first place was that last week I just couldent bare to read it anymore as two or three posters were arguing the same political points over and over again to the detrement of anything else and I think this may be putting other posters off when most just want to talk about football matters related to the takeover.

Know exactly what you mean Zakky, trouble is once politics / religion get going it's a big juggernaut to try n stop & most of the time it does eventually subside but then again some can't let it go & I can see how that puts people off reading the posts....just try n skip past is my advice to posters wanting to read the latest updates on the thread, you'll eventually find a post relating to the takeover in-between the political spats.....god how I long to discuss how poor our attendance was against xyz or discuss how piss poor the away following from a supposedly 'big' club...or even whose doing away travel to Colchester Utd...not 😉

Right, I’m happy to give some basic admin duties a go and I’m also happy to leave it as it is, it’s entirely up to you lot.

To be honest, I expect it to be a very “light touch” as the vast majority of the time we self regulate adequately, in my opinion.

Things I won’t do:
Remove any posts.

Get involved in name calling, personal insults or bickering between posters. I may pass comment (as me) but I won’t invoke admin privileges because I simply don’t care enough about what you say to each other or to me. Personally I don’t think it’s a lot to expect posters to show some courtesy and respect to fellow posters but I’m not going to try to enforce some moral code of my own on anyone. What I’ll probably do is move the comments to a dedicated “Not Latics – Personal insults and cheap shots” thread.

Move stuff to “off topic” (just nipped in there for the first time in years – it’s a deserted wasteland).

Take any notice of folk whinging or moaning about any of my admin actions.

Things I will do:

Move posts from one thread to another if I feel it’s gone significantly off topic or it’s just appropriate to do so.

Merge or split threads, create stickies, etc

Have “Non-Latics” related subjects clearly identified in the thread title so that any of us that want to ignore them can do so easily. My main dissatisfaction is trawling through irrelevant posts to try and find the relevant snippets in the longer threads.

Listen to constructive feedback or suggestions for improvement from folk.

If you are happy for me to do this, like this post.

If you’d prefer things to be left as is then like the post below this one.

Some examples of things I’d probably have changed recently – so you can decide if you’d be happy or not.

I’d have definitely moved some of the generic political posts from the takeover thread to a “Non Latics – Politics” thread.

I’d have definitely left alone the specific posts regarding Lisa Nandy’s involvement in the takeover within the takeover thread as I deem that relevant.

I’d have moved the recent posts on Celtic / Rangers from the Accrington Stanley thread to a dedicated “Not Latics – Rangers, Celtic and all things Scottish” thread.

I’d have left the caravanning / French toilets debate on the end of the Rochdale (A) thread as the thread had run its course )IMO) and the digression wasn't too difficult to ignore.

Right, I’m happy to give some basic admin duties a go and I’m also happy to leave it as it is, it’s entirely up to you lot.

To be honest, I expect it to be a very “light touch” as the vast majority of the time we self regulate adequately, in my opinion.

Things I won’t do:
Remove any posts.

Get involved in name calling, personal insults or bickering between posters. I may pass comment (as me) but I won’t invoke admin privileges because I simply don’t care enough about what you say to each other or to me. Personally I don’t think it’s a lot to expect posters to show some courtesy and respect to fellow posters but I’m not going to try to enforce some moral code of my own on anyone. What I’ll probably do is move the comments to a dedicated “Not Latics – Personal insults and cheap shots” thread.

Move stuff to “off topic” (just nipped in there for the first time in years – it’s a deserted wasteland).

Take any notice of folk whinging or moaning about any of my admin actions.

Things I will do:

Move posts from one thread to another if I feel it’s gone significantly off topic or it’s just appropriate to do so.

Merge or split threads, create stickies, etc

Have “Non-Latics” related subjects clearly identified in the thread title so that any of us that want to ignore them can do so easily. My main dissatisfaction is trawling through irrelevant posts to try and find the relevant snippets in the longer threads.

Listen to constructive feedback or suggestions for improvement from folk.

If you are happy for me to do this, like this post.

If you’d prefer things to be left as is then like the post below this one.

Some examples of things I’d probably have changed recently – so you can decide if you’d be happy or not.

I’d have definitely moved some of the generic political posts from the takeover thread to a “Non Latics – Politics” thread.

I’d have definitely left alone the specific posts regarding Lisa Nandy’s involvement in the takeover within the takeover thread as I deem that relevant.

I’d have moved the recent posts on Celtic / Rangers from the Accrington Stanley thread to a dedicated “Not Latics – Rangers, Celtic and all things Scottish” thread.

I’d have left the caravanning / French toilets debate on the end of the Rochdale (A) thread as the thread had run its course )IMO) and the digression wasn't too difficult to ignore.
Can't believe you wouldn't have binned off the caravan club malarkey- bloody rubbish admin 🤬
Oh no it's started already......😂😉
Seriously Arthur - fair crack to you for having a do at it 👍👏👏👏👏👏