According to SE on BBC SE News, our poor run of form is due to: | Vital Football

According to SE on BBC SE News, our poor run of form is due to:

Wayne.Kerr

Vital Champions League
1. individual errors and 2. not taking our chances.

Is [1] a further dig at Byrne and [2] what chances?

I don’t think it’s a dig at Byrne in particular, but I make him right. The keeper has dropped a few clangers, O’Keefe at fault midweek, and Byrne Saturday. I’ve also witnessed our frontline be wasteful in particular young Hanlan who subsequently was praised in the week.

Last edited:
What he should have said is that I've created a heap of shit who can play a bit as long as it doesn't involve defending or scoring.

What beats me is that some people are praiseworthy of this shit - ever heard of the story of the king's new clothes?

What he should have said is that I've created a heap of shit who can play a bit as long as it doesn't involve defending or scoring.

What beats me is that some people are praiseworthy of this shit - ever heard of the story of the king's new clothes?

I think most people appreciate that we are more solid and harder to beat, get in good posistions but lack a killer instinct in front of goal. To label our team a 'heap of shit' is fucking bollocks.

What beats me is you are advocating the return of Steve Lovell who’s team played utter shit at home......Pot and kettle!

What beats me is you are advocating the return of Steve Lovell who’s team played utter shit at home......Pot and kettle!
At no time did I advocate the return of SL I raised the issue to invoke discussion. I tried lateral thinking but most on here wouldn't recognise lateral thinking if it didn't hit them in the face.

At least SE identified the areas that needed improving. If I remember correctly he had high hopes for goals from Ndjoli as he had glowing reports from many sources.
There is still time for our strikers to hit some sort of form before the January window (unlikely I know) so I expect we are actively scouting goal scorers for the January window.

I don’t think it’s a dig at Byrne in particular, but I make him right. The keeper has dropped a few clangers, O’Keefe at fault midweek, and Byrne Saturday. I’ve also witnessed our frontline be wasteful in particular young Hanlan who subsequently was praised in the week.

Add to the list of clangers was Tom O'Connor slipping over which enabled the winger to cut in and score for Peterborough although I think there is a bit of debate if it should go down as a mistake or just a wonder goal.

As for wasting chances, how many penalties have we missed this season?

I wonder sometimes, why or even if you support Gillingham. The same negative comments over and over. And STFU about lateral thinking. If you had any at all you would see the positives now and again.

It was a wonder goal - no two ways about it. No excuses.

Christ, if everybody did everything right, no one would ever score.

I'm very much in the camp of giving credit to the winger although I did read some posts about how the player is inexperienced and we should be playing a more experienced left back instead as the role is so important.

At no time did I advocate the return of SL I raised the issue to invoke discussion. I tried lateral thinking but most on here wouldn't recognise lateral thinking if it didn't hit them in the face.

And that is a complete load of bollox too.

You tried that line in your original trolling thread.

And that is a complete load of bollox too.

You tried that line in your original trolling thread.
You're right; I should have brought it down to a level that more could perhaps comprehend and that includes you, it seems.

My statement was rhetorical in order to invoke discussion ffs.