Academy | Page 15 | Vital Football

Academy

Played a very good Hull team who were in the top 4. Some of these youngster look good.
If they were in the top 4 that was impressive as they never laid a glove on us they improved 2nd half kicking uphill towards the road but most teams including us seem to play better kicking that way the only player who stood out for them for me was the big no5 at the back we looked far better as a team than they did

If they were in the top 4 that was impressive as they never laid a glove on us they improved 2nd half kicking uphill towards the road but most teams including us seem to play better kicking that way the only player who stood out for them for me was the big no5 at the back we looked far better as a team than they did
In fact they were way out in 3rd place. If they'd won they would have been 2 points behind us. Next game is at Piggery Towers which I'll be going to. Think they'll probably play Bannan and Hutchinson.

I have always contended that it almost certain that if you join an academy outside the top ten PL sides then you have a better chance of playing more good quality football but a little less money. Certainly if any of my family were good enough my advice would be avoid the likes of Man U etc.
There was a lad I was at school with, the sort that scored 5 every game and he could play a bit. He took the glory route to Manure and faded away. Think he ended up with a few games for Mansfield.
You're right about going to a big club. Unless you are the absolute top of the tree your career's on a downhill run from day one so are destined to fail.
Start with a middling club and you could have a decent career and , maybe, move up the scale and feel better for it.

I had a chat wi Del Boy last night on Shoreham street at about 6.40pm and he told me the U/18's game today was off,he also told me Seriki was goin to start last neet.My son & nephews that i was with were very impressed that Del Boy had stopped to have a chat wi mi,i just said we're pals what can i say.:giggle: So Pops tharz no need to be lookin for Lineker sized ear plugs mi owd pal.:giggle: I'm gunna watch the Millers instead this afternoon.Have a good day BLADES. UTB

I had a chat wi Del Boy last night on Shoreham street at about 6.40pm and he told me the U/18's game today was off,he also told me Seriki was goin to start last neet.My son & nephews that i was with were very impressed that Del Boy had stopped to have a chat wi mi,i just said we're pals what can i say.:giggle: So Pops tharz no need to be lookin for Lineker sized ear plugs mi owd pal.:giggle: I'm gunna watch the Millers instead this afternoon.Have a good day BLADES. UTB

Pardon..?

Was he selling programmes??

I’ll offer him my commiserations when I see him

If he was he would have an inevitable task trying to Sell one to Rod.😀
Peaky, I buy a programme every home game from my mate Daniel at the entrance of the family stand.I will admit i don't spend a lot more on Match days tho,why should i when i have my adoring sons & nephews to buy the ale i require? :giggle: UTB