Abuse | Vital Football

Abuse

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
I’m hearing that McLean was sadly abused today by some arseholes in the West stand. Can’t imagine they are either regulars or Latics fans. Nevertheless, saddening to hear particularly as it seems no stewards nor fans intervened. Anyone shed any light?

I’m hearing that McLean was sadly abused today by some arseholes in the West stand. Can’t imagine they are either regulars or Latics fans. Nevertheless, saddening to hear particularly as it seems no stewards nor fans intervened. Anyone shed any light?
Nobheads will be nobheads.

I'm in the middle of the west, and didn't hear anything, but I've read the same rumours/accusations. Pillocks.

Where've you had that from?
There's a few of us all in west stand still out and we heard nowt at all.
Are you sure that's true?
He's a cult hero regardless of his politics or performance

Not in anyway suggesting that it didn’t happen, but I sit in the west and didn’t see anything. Where did it happen? Did anyone see anything?

It was at half time , he was blazing and had to be lead away by a couple of other players whilst motioning with his fingers in a mouthy way.

It seemed to be aimed at fans front near the home bench.

It was at half time , he was blazing and had to be lead away by a couple of other players whilst motioning with his fingers in a mouthy way.

It seemed to be aimed at fans front near the home bench.

I’m surprised then someone on the bench didn’t point these people out and got them removed. Very disappointing.

Absolutely disgusted that anyone would give him abuse for his beliefs. At the end of the day he is a football player and deserves our support regardless of his religious beliefs especially as he puts in 100% every game.

edit: Even if you don’t agree with his political standpoint he is a dedicated member of the squad and deserves some respect for that. Anyone giving him s**t isn’t a proper fan.

Just maybe the rumour I heard before I went to the game yesterday could be true
I find it hard for any latics fan to have ago on mclean
Even if we do have different views on ulster for reasons one way or another
But I was told that Burnley fans were after tickets for home end for their game here
Now I'm not saying this is true but might be why this happened
Might have been a small group of them that have somehow managed to get in, how I have no idea
But I find it hard for it to be latics fans

Just maybe the rumour I heard before I went to the game yesterday could be true
I find it hard for any latics fan to have ago on mclean
Even if we do have different views on ulster for reasons one way or another
But I was told that Burnley fans were after tickets for home end for their game here
Now I'm not saying this is true but might be why this happened
Might have been a small group of them that have somehow managed to get in, how I have no idea
But I find it hard for it to be latics fans

Why not? Before he re-signed he was subject to tonnes of sectarian abuse even on this site. Iv'e been at away games where Latics fans have hurled racist abuse about. I don't find it hard to believe at all. Blaming it on Burnley fans. Hilarious.

Why not? Before he re-signed he was subject to tonnes of sectarian abuse even on this site. Iv'e been at away games where Latics fans have hurled racist abuse about. I don't find it hard to believe at all. Blaming it on Burnley fans. Hilarious.

Given he’s been here all last season and it’s never happened before from the home fans it’s clear this was a small group who aren’t normally in that position. As fellow West stand supporters have already said they didn’t hear anything so it must have been a small group baiting him along the side of the pitch.
It may or may not have come from someone from another club, I don’t know but isn’t beyond the bounds of possibility.

You say he has been subject to “tonnes of racist abuse even on this site“…I’m on here regularly and have been for years I haven’t seen what you are referring to …certainly some have expressed distaste with his political stance and especially his refusal to wear the poppy (he is perfectly entitled not to do so) but I don’t recall outright racist abuse.

Sadly you popping up on here to post as you have done above won’t come as much of a surprise to most on here

Read it again I said a rumour I heard before the game about Burnley fans after tickets in home end
And all of a sudden mclean gets this
Might be hilarious to you but not to us genuine latics fans
And mclean even states they where not regulars
So something was not right

He probably just means that they don't usually sit there, that's all. Hardly rocket science.

Most of the seats at the front of the West Stand are taken up by ST holders, surely the ST holders in that area aren't going to give up their seats to a group of strangers.

If McClean does know they don't usually sit there then fans in that area should know the same, no need for the snide remarks either fella.

Most of the seats at the front of the West Stand are taken up by ST holders, .

Most Frank maybe…but not all , also I don't know if this was 3 or 4 or 10 or 12 people or whatever but there couldn’t have been loads of them because until the press reports coming out today, no one was aware of it …..other than one poster who saw Mc Lean getting angry with some unknown contingent for what at that point was an unknown reason.

Given he (and his Mrs) were openly delighted to return to WAFC after an initial stint and he clearly enjoyed last season, it’s obviously something he hasn’t experienced before from Wigan supporters. …..he spends one half of his time going up and down that touchline and enters and leaves the pitch near that dugout every home game, it isn’t a great stretch to think he noticed these people weren’t regulars and it seems inconceivable that they actually are regular supporters who have sat there over the past year keeping their traps shut and suddenly yesterday morphed into the UDR.

Most of the seats at the front of the West Stand are taken up by ST holders, surely the ST holders in that area aren't going to give up their seats to a group of strangers.

If McClean does know they don't usually sit there then fans in that area should know the same, no need for the snide remarks either fella.

Even those nearer to the corners of the North and South rather than in the middle? I don't think so.

A screenshot of the ticketing website for the Burnley game ...WS7 ... fit a bloody coachload in !

1660475827000.png