Aa Club we are truly ahead of our time | Vital Football

Aa Club we are truly ahead of our time

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
We got rid of the Gems a few years ago. Now F1 and Darts are catching up. But what about the most boring game in the world after basketball, the Superbowl? The only marginally entertaining thing abot the 5 hours of total boredom are the cheerleaders. They must go.

Another few months and Mrs May is going to have to explain the worst unemployment figures since the 80's. Forget Maggie and the miners, this has to be the biggest job cull in history!

Max.Headroom - 1/2/2018 19:10

What's this got to do with politics?

Well, there are going to be a lot of out of work women and unemployment is one of the measures of a Prime Minister.

Oh, and it was a joke.

Robots, and automation will remove more jobs than we could ever imagine. No matter what party is in power they will have no control over this at all.

The irony is while the gender pay gap is a high profile debate at the moment, the same feminists are also celebrating the stopping of an industry where the women on average tend to get paid a lot more than the men.

Yes Rob. I thought it was terrible that all those children were put out of a job when they banned child labour. They also chose to do the jobs.

Apart from a host of other reasons, as a heterosexual male I find these "walk on women", "grid girls" etc embarrassing. Men, get a life. Women being used as "parsley sprinkled on top". No thanks. It says a lot about our society that such a so called job exists.

I'm a dinosaur and a vile letch with no life, as I have never had a issue with the grid girls and walk on women. I find the female form a joy to look at and had full respect for anyone doing the job. I have never seen this as defining women in any way or objectifying them. Personal view that's all, and their removal will not have any impact on the sport I watch or my views on women.

To me what says more about our society are facts such as the continual rise in the numbers of homeless, and the number of children classified as living in poverty. Interesting on how we sometimes judge our progression.

Nobby_66 - 1/2/2018 18:20

Another few months and Mrs May is going to have to explain the worst unemployment figures since the 80's. Forget Maggie and the miners, this has to be the biggest job cull in history!
Agree Nobby, and in another few months (or a couple of years if she manages to hang on) she will be losing her job - no way she will win another election even if she performs miracles with Brexit negotiations and other domestic issues. Then again the alternative is Corbyn. Interesting times ahead for us all.

The Tories willl dump her as soon as they can (understandably) and bring in a relatively new face "untainted" by the previous shenanigans. They may well then go on to win as they did with Major and Cameron.

I feel sorry for May re Brexit, she can't win whatever she does. However, she does seem paralysed regarding doing anything else (eg dealing with the housing crisis).

Gills1958 - 2/2/2018 08:11

Yes Rob. I thought it was terrible that all those children were put out of a job when they banned child labour. They also chose to do the jobs.

Apart from a host of other reasons, as a heterosexual male I find these "walk on women", "grid girls" etc embarrassing. Men, get a life. Women being used as "parsley sprinkled on top". No thanks. It says a lot about our society that such a so called job exists.

I was only intending to make a neutral wry observation about it all and not get into a debate, but I?ll bite :69: I just find it contradictory that feminist champion one cause while fighting for something that would make that cause worse.

I think your opening argument is rubbish. That argument could be used to justify sacking everyone from their jobs. I don?t think you can equate the two situations. The children who were used as part of child labour were often forced into it due to the economic situation or forced into it by their guardians. The women who are F1 Grid Girls are models who chose to accept the job with their own sense of agency. They weren?t in danger of starving to death or being beaten if they didn?t.

From most former Grid Girls who I have heard commenting in the media has spoken positively about it was a well paid modelling job which were hugely chased by models. From googling ?F1 Grid Girls? and looking at the pictures,

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=F1+Grid+Girls&form=HDRSC2&first=1&cw=1327&ch=452
(link safe for work)

they are all wearing a lot more clothing than most women wear going to nightclubs and depending on the location are usually modestly dressed.

A few questions for you:
a) In F1, a lot of the races have Grid Boys as well as Grid Girls. Do you think the Grid Boys should be fired too? If it is sexist for the role to be done by women then surely only employing men for the job is equally so?

b) From looking at the general shitstorm on the interwebs, do you think there would be so much pressure to scrap the role if the models were primarily made up of trans women, women who suffer from Downs Syndrome or similar conditions that cause noticeable different physical attributes, or people who have a passing resemblance to Diane Abbott or Nora Batty?

c) Do you think women should be banned from modelling completely? Models of both genders are selected on the basis of their looks and not on their personalities after all.

Is it embarrassing that the role exists? Personally, I am of the view that women should be free to choose to the careers of their choice and if a woman wants to take up modelling then all power to them. As a man I don?t think it is my right to tell them what jobs they should be taking. I?ve always found the way the Boxing Ring Girls walk around the ring to be more tacky than anything.

On the thread topic of being ahead of our time, I'd suggest that the opposite is true, given, according to a poll on another thread, we are releasing a centenary kit for our 125 anniversary.

Of course, childhood and women are VIctorian concepts. Back in the Middle Ages, people had literally no idea.

In terms of walk-on fitties at the darts, F1, boxing, page 3 girls etc., as a self-confessed pervert, I enjoy it and more generally have absolutely no issue with it at all. The women aren't forced to do it and many get paid handsomely. It does no harm at all. Similarly, muscle bound, oiled up men dressed up in tight underwear acting as "Chippendales", waiters or whatever for ladies on a night our or hen do or whatever is something I don't have an issue with either, but wouldn't necessarily appreciate my face being whipped and slapped by one of their 12" salamis personally.

I think the whole world is going more and more PC mad.

But Rob does raise an interesting point - women going to nightclubs, having purposely made themselves up to look like sex objects!

Those girls getting 500 a night for a few hours work must be pleased as punch that they are no longer required, as will the girls who used to adorn Super cars at the Paris motor show.

Money for old rope really, but ... never mind, they can always be an Uber driver or Deliveroo worker on minimum wage, can't they?

They must be very grateful.

My own personal preference would be for the PC fanatics to wind their f*cking necks in.
What anyone decides to do and how they earn a living is nobody's business but theirs, assuming it's all legal.
How on earth can anyone be offended by ring girls or Darts Walk on girls?
Of course, the real counter argument is, if you don't like it and don't agree with it, then don't watch it.
But don't try to impose your narrow minded views on to others.

What would be nice is that people minded their own business and stopped trying to influence the rights of others.

While I have severe misgivings about bullying a Girl into wearing something she feels uncomfortable in for whatever reason .If it is tastefully done then I see little problem .When we last visited my wife friend (she is single )She took us to Hooters. I think she goes to meet guys there .Now the waitresses wear a tight t shirt and very short shorts .They seemed happy and were greatly amused when I as the male boss who let me say would make Steve Evans look slim .
"Why are you not wearing uniform like the girls ?"
It was said as a joke and all the English speaker's in the bar including the girls who overheard were rolling about laughing .Not sure he got the joke so I may not be allowed back in when we return .But my point is if he finds the uniform he is asking the girls to wear is outside what he would expect to wear or a similar male version . Then at very least he should be sure they are happy with it .Forcing girls to except a uniform that the group of girls feel is totally wrong in my book .