A-Z Of British Actors And Actresses | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of British Actors And Actresses

I Iain Cuthbertson - Scottish actor - on tv , in films , and also a scriptwriter. Achieved fame in the 1970's playing the villain "Charlie Endell", in ITV's "Budgie", which also starred Adam Faith in the title role. Was in many more tv roles after that.

I loved him in Budgie!

A very fine actor. I never saw Budgie but I remember him well in The Borderers with Michael Gambon, a Christmas ghost story called The Stone Tape and, of course, the 1970s series Sutherland's Law.

Never saw Budgie??!! Now whose led a sheltered life!!! LOL

or... John Junkin (double "J"). Tv, film and radio actor, and scriptwriter. Mainly acted in comedy roles. He was the travel agent in a well-known tv sketch where Marty Feldman and Tim Brooke-Taylor were a couple of old-aged pensioners who wanted to go to the Edinburgh festival, but didn't want to go to Edinburgh. He was the voice of the chimpanzee "Mr Shifter" in the PG Tips tea adverts. He was also in the Beatles film "Hard day's night".

Last edited:
L Adrian LESTER - probably remembered best for The Hustle. Started watching a new series last night where he's prime minster.

L Adrian LESTER - probably remembered best for The Hustle. Started watching a new series last night where he's prime minster.
Never seen The Hustle. He had a small part in The Day After Tomorrow where he and another guy were with Ian Holm in a hut drinking whisky before freezing to death!

Just never got round to watching it - though wasn't there a character called Jon Snow?

I’ve never seen it either - in fact I watch very few films, just don’t seem to have the time or the inclination to sit still for that length of time!!

N - As with other letters lots to choose but I'll go with Robert Newton, aka Long John Silver. Drank himself to death in his early fifties. He was cited as a role model by Oliver Reed and Keith Moon!

Last edited:
Alternative N - Norman Wisdom. Very popular in Albania. Fenella Fielding and various other women who worked with him said he was a sex pest. Never quite understood his popularity.

Last edited:
N - As with other letters lots to choose but I'll go with Robert Newton, aka Long John Silver. Drank himself to death in his early fifties. He was cited as a role model by Oliver Reed and Keith Moon!

My post from yesterday seems to have disappeared, unless I never clicked the post reply link - which wouldn't surprise me!

With the 'drinking himself to death' I quipped that it had only one leg to go down didn't it.

Alternative N - Norman Wisdom. Very popular in Albania. Fenella Fielding and various other women who worked with him said he was a sex pest. Never quite understood his popularity.

I didn't know that about Norman Wisdom. BaldtobeaMiller does a brilliant impression of him - not the sex pest bit but the 'Ohhh Mr Grimsdale' bit.

O OLIVIA De Havilland - although to be honest she was born in Japan but took British Citizenship through descendants before become American in 1941 and French in 1955. She was 104 when she died a couple of years ago. (must have been all that paperwork changing from one nationality to another that kept her busy).