A-Z Of Bands | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Bands

V Van der Graaf Generator. Progressive rock band from the early 70s. Saw them live. Were still playing gigs until fairly recently. Probably most famous for the "Theme One" radio station signature tune which was played when Radio One started up at 6 a.m. on weekdays

X X-ray Spex . Punk band. Singer Poly Styrene sadly died in 2011.
Never saw them play live, but did see the X-men who were a "psychobilly"band - which was a cross between punk and rockabilly

Last edited:
Y Not sure if 80s electropop band Yazoo counts, as they often appeared as just a duo, so I'll go for the 60s bluesy guitar group, the Yardbirds (songs still sound good today)

Wasn't the lead singer of the Yardbirds American? Or did I make that up!

Z (The) Zombies - Colin Blunstone I think was an original member. The only thing I remember them singing is 'she's not there'.

Yardbirds vocalist was Keith Relf (a Londoner) in their most famous period. They also had Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton in the band at various times. They used to practise in the Willoughby Arms pub in Norbiton , which is not far from AFC Wimbledon' s Kingsmeadow ground , and I went in the pub before the match last season .

Re The Zombies - Rod Argent played keyboards for them