A warning to you all about Jack Grealish!!! | Page 3 | Vital Football

A warning to you all about Jack Grealish!!!

He was tested in between by a Wigan side who occasionally barged and kicked the 22-year-old, but still produced enough moments of quality to leave his manager purring for the man he hopes will lead Villa back to the Premier League after a two-year absence from the top table.

“Considering what’s going on, for him and his family, he’s been a breath of fresh air,” said Bruce.

“Today was the reason the Premier League wants to buy him. He oozes that little bit of class, he’s such a natural footballer, you’d pay good money to come and watch him alone.

“The referees need to protect him; it’s a free for all, they’re kicking lumps out the kid but they’re kicking lumps out of him because he’s that good.

If he wore shin pads he would be more protected. Seriously a few of us were for us signing him and some think he is average. Those silky skills can be used in the PL . Levy may have only needed to find another 5 mil or may be 10.

If he wore shin pads he would be more protected. Seriously a few of us were for us signing him and some think he is average. Those silky skills can be used in the PL . Levy may have only needed to find another 5 mil or may be 10.

Nick, the new owners made it crystal clear that no sum of money in this window would make them sell.

After that it was down to how Grealish dealt with it and to his credit, as disappointed as it's crystal clear he was - he didn't refuse to train / play or give his best.

His agent will have given him a pep talk, as our interest isn't going away anytime soon.

Depends how big the fine is. Surely a QPR size fine is the exact opposite of a small price to pay

They won't be paying anything like that; my bet now is it will be no more than 2-3 mill...unless they decide that they didn't do enough to make their obvious FFP situation corrected by not selling...

I think the owners made the right call, in the scheme of things the sanction that's likely to be applied to Villa I bet in the end is laughable.

They may have made the right call for their own selfish needs. Grealish needs to be playing at a higher level and probably for England. Another season wasted for him and it's going to be tough for Villa to get out that league.

They may have made the right call for their own selfish needs. Grealish needs to be playing at a higher level and probably for England. Another season wasted for him and it's going to be tough for Villa to get out that league.

I think their defence now looks pretty leaky and so unless that improves dramatically, I think it will cost them promotion; let's hope for our sake I'm right because if I am and it's clear they're not close to being good enough, he'll get his wish and we'll buy him in Jan.

I don't see the competition for the best HG players getting easier and that's why Grealish is so sought after. It's his move now. He signs a new deal and I doubt we'll ever see him in a Spurs shirt. Also why we need to start thinking about the Goretzka style deals that the German teams do securing their HG players ahead of them moving. Grealish could be playing for Villa this season and be ready to make the switch to us at the start of the next campaign. The problem is, Levy only does business one way and that's not it. He had the chance to break the cycle and put some future deals in place this summer but chose to save the money and fuel his stupid addiction on the next transfer deadline day.

The mental Rolodex is spinning and every time a response to this comes up an alarm goes off and says "you can't say that".

We're all friends here :-) You can say what you want - but the dearth of potentially game changing young English players still haunts every top 6 club - it's getting better as our world cup and European winners are making their way into senior squads, but it's still like pushing water uphill.

Watched a bit of the Villa game tonight. It was only Yeovil but some of the little things that Grealish does excites. There's a level of intelligence there that finds him space and he is pretty good in tight spaces. Greta passer as well. He nearly scored a worldy with a shot that hit the woodwork.