A warning to you all about Jack Grealish!!! | Vital Football

A warning to you all about Jack Grealish!!!

Personally I'm not all that fussed. I'd much prefer to see some of our younger players given a chance. It really depends where Poch see's him fitting in. If its further forward I don't see him dislodging Dele or Eriksen any time soon. If its further back then for anything over £20m I think its a missed opportunity for Poch to do what he does best and promote our youth. Dembele and Winks are still at the club, despite injury issues with Winks at the moment, and we have some really exciting talent in Amos, Skippy and Marsh coming up through the ranks. And if Onomah isn't going to break through I don't get why we haven't sold him.

I'd prefer we focused on decent support for Kane more than anything else because Llorente is not right for us at all. I think we really needed to try and sign a real top quality creative attacker to compete with Son on the left and maybe even compete with Dele in the middle. We over-rely on Kane and Eriksen and when they are injured it hits us hard.

The TL;DR version of my post is £25m is already too much in my opinion.

If you'd been able to get him at the bargain basement price that xia was forcing us into selling for, I would understand it more I must admit.

If you'd been able to get him at the bargain basement price that xia was forcing us into selling for, I would understand it more I must admit.

I'm pleased for Villa if it is true; and I'm told that a certain agent is bloody furious with Villa (more about that another time).

He would have had to step it up with us and I suspect would have spent the season fighting for a place; he most certainly would have improved by playing at a higher standard with better players - personally, if he is staying with Villa, then I believe he's bottled it!

I dont want you to think I don't think Grealish is good enough to be valued at £25m or above, because in this market he is. We spent £30m on an upright concrete slab (Sissoko) so it could be argued that Grealish is worth £40m at least in this market, especially considering his age and that he is English.

It's more a question of if his value is equal to OUR need for him. We do have a homegrown talent problem and I am really surprised that we haven't made an progress in trying to fix it ALL summer. However, unless Winks has suffered a big setback, I'd favour the approach of just giving our own youth players a chance over spending £25m+ on Grealish.

I dont want you to think I don't think Grealish is good enough to be valued at £25m or above, because in this market he is. We spent £30m on an upright concrete slab (Sissoko) so it could be argued that Grealish is worth £40m at least in this market, especially considering his age and that he is English.

It's more a question of if his value is equal to OUR need for him. We do have a homegrown talent problem and I am really surprised that we haven't made an progress in trying to fix it ALL summer. However, unless Winks has suffered a big setback, I'd favour the approach of just giving our own youth players a chance over spending £25m+ on Grealish.

IF he came, he was being considered as competition for Alli and Eriksen - if Villa don't get promoted this season, he'll be begging to leave.

It's funny, I'm just being told yet again he wants the move but Villa are being difficult with him, if true, he has a big decision to make - he has to throw his rattles out of the pram and demand a move...

Well if he want the move grow a pair and hand in a transfer request.

If he doesn't then he clearly doesn't want the move that badly.

I was coming around to the idea of him coming as I don't see a player in our squad with his skill set.

Yes,totally get it Matic, think that's what I was asking or alluding to in that article as well. The value to us, and the symbolism for the new owners if they can keep him (our FFP is still a mess) is massive.

I don't think he's bottled it, he's a boyhood Villa fan remember, not just any old player. If he handed in a transfer request and then our new owners refuse to sell, he's lost the hero worship a lot of Villa fans give him and is in an awful position.

I don't know if he wanted to move, I suspect under Xia and us going backwards he would have, now he might be looking at us as a different proposition.

He might have looked and seen he will play week in, week out for us, not so for you.

No idea. But I'd not think this is a bottle job. His whole family are Villa fans, not sure if his dad is still his agent, I know he was at one point

I don't think he's bottled it, he's a boyhood Villa fan remember, not just any old player. If he handed in a transfer request and then our new owners refuse to sell, he's lost the hero worship a lot of Villa fans give him and is in an awful position.

I don't know if he wanted to move, I suspect under Xia and us going backwards he would have, now he might be looking at us as a different proposition.

He might have looked and seen he will play week in, week out for us, not so for you.

No idea. But I'd not think this is a bottle job. His whole family are Villa fans, not sure if his dad is still his agent, I know he was at one point

No, his agency is Stellar and I'm told that Jonathan Barnett is dealing with him/themselves and us, personally. I suspect his Dad will still have an influence (which is a shame if he has) because what he needs now if career advice and a clear forward looking pathway...and as much as I have a soft spot for Villa from my days up there - staying at Villa feels to me like a huge gamble and risk - at his age he needs to establish himself in the top flight, if, as some believe, he is a special player - miss promotion with Villa and he's wasted another year...

Not really wasted, he's built more experience, he's not the finished item yet, only 2 goals last season for instance. Add to that and he's worth even more, in the process he might, or might not help get us up.

Or he can move to Spurs and sit on the bench a fair bit?

It's funny, I'm just being told yet again he wants the move but Villa are being difficult with him, if true, he has a big decision to make - he has to throw his rattles out of the pram and demand a move...

Hope in some ways that isn't true, BUT if we do now have owners who won't be held over a barrel, it'll be about time!

Obviously this could just be Villa trying to make more out of the deal, if so, great again!

Hope in some ways that isn't true, BUT if we do now have owners who won't be held over a barrel, it'll be about time!Obviously this could just be Villa trying to make more out of the deal, if so, great again!
Well now it's being openly reported exactly what I was told:

Kaveh Solhekol

@SkyKaveh

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1027200909305098245

Jack Grealish is very disappointed and disillusioned that Aston Villa are refusing to sell him to Spurs. Source close to the player has told us he was promised he could leave before Villa’s new owners arrived at the club last month. Grealish has not given up on moving to Spurs

4:32 PM - Aug 8, 2018