A warning to you all about Jack Grealish!!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

A warning to you all about Jack Grealish!!!

I can see him being used quite a lot if we get him. Our CM options are not great. Injuries being a big problem. Eriksen and Alli will need cover.

Grealish and his advisors have to throw all caution to the wind to force this through now.

Has he got the bottle?

I dont get how Villa plan to get out of their FFP probs without selling this guy.

I know you've suggested Ex, they could just take the penalty and move on, but haven't the penalties changed? And couldn't the panel unleash all sorts of horrible restrictions in addition to transfer embargoes and fines?

Would they risk making promotion only to see their penalty be removal from the playoff/promotion process?

Maybe the calendar let's them make final drastic moves in the Jan window??

Grealish's agent seems to have played the 'Grealish will not sign a new AV deal and will run down his contract' card to the press in an attempt to get the new owners to change their stance.

So it may be the base ignorance of the new non-footballing owners that reneged on the agreed upon deal. FFP is now being man-splained to the idiots.

Wonder how this one will go.

I love that a supposed Spurs ITK is arguing with Grealish's brother on Twitter about how Grealish is feeling about the deal collapse.

His brother!

Some ITK's really are a waste of space.

I love that a supposed Spurs ITK is arguing with Grealish's brother on Twitter about how Grealish is feeling about the deal collapse.

His brother!

It's ignorance; his agents will be 'briefing' someone and telling them a story, it's designed to ramp up the pressure on Villa; Grealish may well be very disappointed - and by virtue of the fact he's keeping his own counsel, I think he is - but it's a whole different ball game to go from pissed off to telling a club that you will 'refuse to sign a new deal' - plus it's counter productive, his agent will the moment the window closes be demanding a tripling of his contract - he'll have some very big expenses and a big hole in his income if he doesn't.....

Then it will be all about arguing over a clause to sell on at a set price if they don't make promotion.

Besides, it's not yet over until the fat lady sings.

I dont get how Villa plan to get out of their FFP probs without selling this guy.

I know you've suggested Ex, they could just take the penalty and move on, but haven't the penalties changed? And couldn't the panel unleash all sorts of horrible restrictions in addition to transfer embargoes and fines?

Would they risk making promotion only to see their penalty be removal from the playoff/promotion process?

Maybe the calendar let's them make final drastic moves in the Jan window??

The assessment for FFP is in March now - but given the circumstance around the 'previous' ownership, my bet would be on 'only' a fine of #2-3 million (max) as long as they can show financial projections that bring them back into line within 2 years.

I can't see a points deduction, not when you set it against what Leicester, Bournemouth and to a lessor extent QPR got away with.

His brother!

Fairly certain that the "spurs itk" twitter account is a fake one.

Credit to Grealish; kept his own counsel and remained professional and didn't throw his rattles out of the pram.

That said, if he doesn't commit to a new deal by Jan, I've no doubt we'd go back and try again.

A player who probably wouldn't have even made our bench is no big loss. Pleased he's staying put. It's completely understandable however why Villa would want to keep a hold of him.

A player who probably wouldn't have even made our bench is no big loss. Pleased he's staying put. It's completely understandable however why Villa would want to keep a hold of him.

Well Villa are not out of the woods - it would be ironic that after their financial assessment in March that the determination is made they could have complied with FFP and choose yo ignore it - then that could be a very nasty fine and a points deduction....

Jack Grealish disappointment at failed Tottenham move is understandable, says Steve Bruce
Villa goalkeeper Jed Steer set to move on loan to Charlton

By Calum Wilson

Last Updated: 10/08/18 10:48am

skysports-grealish-jack-bruce_4385699.jpg

Jack Grealish shakes hands with manager Steve Bruce as he is substituted at Hull

Steve Bruce says keeping Jack Grealish at Aston Villa is great for himself, but he can understand the midfielder's disappointment at missing out on a move to Tottenham.

Spurs bid £25m for Grealish on Wednesday, but were told by Villa's owner Nassef Sawiris that Grealish was not for sale with the player said to be "disillusioned" by the decision.
The 22-year-old could now be offered an improved contract at the Sky Bet Championship club, which is expected to reflect his importance to the side.

"It is great for myself," said Bruce. "I can understand the disappointment from Jack, in some ways, but he has been terrific and respectable towards the club.
"Let's be fair, Spurs are a huge club in England and in Europe but he has taken the decision from the owner and hopefully we can move forward.

skysports-jack-grealish-aston_4383760.jpg

Villa's owner refused to listen to offers from Spurs for Grealish

"He [Grealish] will hopefully take us to where we want to get to and fulfil his ambitions with ourselves.
"I think what is vitally important to everybody is that the owner has put out a statement of intent.

skysports-jack-grealish-grealish_4260141.jpg
2:51

Former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood says Grealish would have been a superstar in the Premier League
"There was no figure for Jack [Grealish] and he made that pretty clear that whatever Spurs offered, he was not going to listen to it.
"Not everybody believed it but they can start believing now. He didn't want to lose his star player. He wants to try and build the team around Jack and we have to respect that."
Bruce also revealed on Friday that goalkeeper Jed Steer is set to move on loan to League One side Charlton Athletic.

Well Villa are not out of the woods - it would be ironic that after their financial assessment in March that the determination is made they could have complied with FFP and choose yo ignore it - then that could be a very nasty fine and a points deduction....

This is what I was suggesting. I was under the impression that they had to show they were making every effort to comply. If they did receive an offer for a player, that was fair market value, and they turned it down, the panel could look upon this as arrogance, and blast them for it.

I suspect a fine & a slap on the wrist would be deemed as a small price to pay by Villa, especially if he can help them with their promotion push.