7 wins. | Page 9 | Vital Football

7 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's our record for number of wins on the trot.

Last time we did 8 on the trot was in 1975. I don't think we've ever done 9. I could be wrong.

Sat Mar29 Division 2 West Bromwich AlbionHome Won3-1
Tue Apr1 Division 2 Millwall Away Won3-1
Wed Apr9 Division 2 Cardiff City Home Won2-0
Sat Apr12 Division 2 Oldham Athletic Home Won5-0
Sat Apr19 Division 2 Blackpool Away Won3-0
Wed Apr23 Division 2 Sheffield Wednesday Away Won4-0
Sat Apr26 Division 2 Sunderland Home Won2-0
Wed Apr30 Division 2 Norwich City Away Won4-1

This thread cannot be allowed to die, so it's now seven wins to the play off final.:guns::utv:

Time to bring out the 70's rock heavyweights. Here's hoping that the junior that will be wailing at 5:00pm is Johnson junior :clown::grinning:.

I couldn't watch the last 7 minutes so I went outside and mulled around the holte car park and met a lad I hadn't seen for 20 years.

I couldn't watch the last 7 minutes so I went outside and mulled around the holte car park and met a lad I hadn't seen for 20 years.

It's amazing isn't it. There's a feeling that something very special is happening but that it could end any second. When you think about what we can potentially achieve still and the fact that we might have to beat Albion and Leeds twice to achieve it o_O. I've got just about everything crossed ATM and taking one game at a time.

It's funny, last season, even though we had more points, I was almost certain that we wouldn't beat Fulham. Still got some hugely difficult games to face this year but the team is stronger and in better form.

What we are doing is finally making some memories to hold onto for the generations who have seen nothing but mediocrity and failure at best and have had nothing to remember in the same way as we hold onto the 70's. The dream of matching 1974-75 is still on for us all. VTID :utv:

It's amazing isn't it. There's a feeling that something very special is happening but that it could end any second. When you think about what we can potentially achieve still and the fact that we might have to beat Albion and Leeds twice to achieve it o_O. I've got just about everything crossed ATM and taking one game at a time.

It's funny, last season, even though we had more points, I was almost certain that we wouldn't beat Fulham. Still got some hugely difficult games to face this year but the team is stronger and in better form.

What we are doing is finally making some memories to hold onto for the generations who have seen nothing but mediocrity and failure at best and have had nothing to remember in the same way as we hold onto the 70's. The dream of matching 1974-75 is still on for us all. VTID :utv:

?

Still a long way to go before we achieve anything so I refuse to get carried away. There are some good teams in the playoff positions and we need all our players fit and available. A team without Mings, Grealish and SJM in the playoffs doesn't bear thinking about.

Hope Jack gets better for the weekend but can see him being out for Friday. What do we do when Hause is fit, drop Tuanzabe or Taylor? Will Steer keep Kalinic out? Hutton swansong or Elmo? Nice problems to have but no guarantees that one solution is better than all others. This is where we see the teams metal, can they keep performing? Only time will tell us, but to have belief is a good feeling - even if it is starting to put knots in my stomach. FFS I'm up at 4am thinking about it already, what will I be like if we get to the playoffs?

Still a long way to go before we achieve anything so I refuse to get carried away. There are some good teams in the playoff positions and we need all our players fit and available. A team without Mings, Grealish and SJM in the playoffs doesn't bear thinking about.

Hope Jack gets better for the weekend but can see him being out for Friday. What do we do when Hause is fit, drop Tuanzabe or Taylor? Will Steer keep Kalinic out? Hutton swansong or Elmo? Nice problems to have but no guarantees that one solution is better than all others. This is where we see the teams metal, can they keep performing? Only time will tell us, but to have belief is a good feeling - even if it is starting to put knots in my stomach. FFS I'm up at 4am thinking about it already, what will I be like if we get to the playoffs?
The only question you need to ask my friend, is do you believe in the Villa??

The only question you need to ask my friend, is do you believe in the Villa??
You always believe OVB - that's a given. The fat lady has not thought about what song she will be singing yet, so the season is not done and dusted. Always that voice of reason saying don't get carried away. The time to celebrate will be at Wembley in May and to avoid complacency in the mean time.

Seven wins to the Greed League :wahey:

This week's 70's memory: Watching the old Hollywood Great films with my much loved and missed dear old Ma, and being captivated by the glamour, style and beauty of the ladies :love::love: Rita Hayworth and Lauren Bacall were (and still are) my favourites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.