7 wins. | Page 4 | Vital Football

7 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we need to change the title of this thread to 3 wins now? I cannot see anyone beating us from now on. Two weeks to get Tammy fit, two weeks for most to get a rest and then Axel and Landsbury ready. I bet everyone who has Villa in the run in will be worried. It would be great to put one over Mr 4 Promotions.

The next 6 matches are easier on paper but this isn't the time to get complacent. Our last two are very tough so let's hope:

1) that we are locked in to the playoffs before we play Leeds.

and/or

2) that Leeds and Norwich have already cemented their positions by the time we play them.

If we can get 14 points from the next 6, we should be laughing.

Villa v Blackburn
Sheffield Wed. v Villa
Rotherham v Villa
Villa v Bristol City
Bolton v Villa
Villa v Millwall
Leeds v Villa
Villa v Norwich

That's what we have left. Should be enough for us to finish in the play-offs, but hey, we're Villa, we never do 'Easy'.....

Come on You Lions...... you can do it!

It is going to be a massive ask to win all these games. We cannot afford any slip ups.

I think we'll need 15-18 points to guarantee top 6. Unless Leeds or Sheff U both have unimaginable meltdowns, I think we have too much to do to catch them for second.

Better we aim for 4th or 5th as per last season - I'd fancy anyone of the others in the playoffs. Middlesbrough look like they are choking, Albion could go either way after sacking Moore and Bristol City, Derby, etc. are all easily beatable.

If Jack can stay fit, with Axel returning to the fold, we are very well placed.

:utv::utv::utv:

I think Norwich are the more likely to choke given the times they go behind and score late on....it's impressive but that has to run out soon surely? That gives anyone an advantage against Norwich as they feel sorry for themselves.

Go for easier presumed play off route for me. Albion will bottle, Boro you know what to expect. I'm actually more concerned about a late breaker like us who go in with confidence.

Comes down to, can we sustain a better run than the other promotion candidates? I think we can. All of them strike me as teams which are going to wobble. It's them wobbling which has allowed us into the top 6, which is ridiculous considering the poor run we were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.