45 minutes to kick off | Page 5 | Vital Football

45 minutes to kick off

On one of the Sunderland fora there is much misery at this, the lowest point in their history. Held in the Cup in front of 7000 at home by Gillingham. I suppose we should be insulted, but for me featuring in these alleged lowest points of so many clubs is one of the great joys of supporting the Gills.

On one of the Sunderland fora there is much misery at this, the lowest point in their history. Held in the Cup in front of 7000 at home by Gillingham. I suppose we should be insulted, but for me featuring in these alleged lowest points of so many clubs is one of the great joys of supporting the Gills.
Yes, agreed. Think of how many managers have been sacked straight after they've lost to us. Lol.

I've got nothing against Sunderland in particular, but it does make a nice change to be someone else's bogey team. Christ knows we've got enough of our own.

"The date listed on the club website is uploaded by a third party, not the club itself, and is just the default date which has not yet been agreed."

So why does the third party put false information on the website?

I was reading (admittedly on twitter) that the international rules don’t apply in the cup. If that’s true then Sunlun can’t ask for it to be moved.

I was reading (admittedly on twitter) that the international rules don’t apply in the cup. If that’s true then Sunlun can’t ask for it to be moved.
I would need a stato to check this but I have a feeling that whenever we play sides with long injury lists or best players missing for whatever reason we don't normally do very well (Of course Bolton is an exception)

In the past, FA Cup matches take priority over league matches and international call ups. I assume that is still the case therefore if they (the FA) step in I assume they will order the game to go ahead next week. Even the Sunderland fans want it done and dusted and reading their forums it appears they are getting somewhat peed off with Parkinson already.

"The date listed on the club website is uploaded by a third party, not the club itself, and is just the default date which has not yet been agreed."

So why does the third party put false information on the website?
It’s not false information as such, it’s the default date for the replay. But fixtures are always subject to change, such as if it had been chosen for live tv coverage, it could have been moved, and in this case it appears Phil Parkinson wants it moved back a week.
They’d then have to moved their league match with Burton, so it is not straight forward.
It does seem odd though that the club have little control over what goes out on their website or weekly email.