45 minutes to kick off | Page 3 | Vital Football

45 minutes to kick off

Well done Gills!
BBC text commentary made it sound like all Sunderland. Fake news!

Last edited:
Sounded like a good second half. They must hate playing us.

Blindingly obvious with hindsight, but I wish I'd had money on Lee to score.

Great result Gills didn't expect that.
Nice to have a replay at home, long time since we've had one of them! COYG

Just seen our equaliser - how bad a howler was that from their keeper? Makes Lance Cronin/Alan Julian look like Gordon Banks.
Their keeper is a Scottish international so I reckon by those standards it would have needed a worldie from him to keep it out.

Think it will be a descent crowd unless the club decide to make it just the main stand at which point many like me will think twice lol.

There won't be many away supporters and if ticket prices are £20+ there won't be many home fans either.
Not sure if you are taking the 'p';), but I think we might beat the 7 and a quarter thou against Ipswich.

I doubt it. The league game against them in early December will be much higher than the FA cup game.

I'd like to see gills be really creative here and sell the tickets as cheap as is possible allowed, open RE and Medway Stand for home fans (stick the Sunderland in the GRS) and try to promote it as the start of a decent cup run.

That's a great draw today but only if we progress to round 2. At least we will know who we have in the draw. If its a relatively easy draw then we are one round away from potentially a decent pay day.

I think the FA needs to do something radical with the FA cup as even league one clubs aren't taking it seriously now - 7K at Sunderland for our game as an example. No idea what they should do to make it attractive again but its become a farce.