45 minutes to kick off | Page 4 | Vital Football

45 minutes to kick off

I think the FA needs to do something radical with the FA cup as even league one clubs aren't taking it seriously now - 7K at Sunderland for our game as an example. No idea what they should do to make it attractive again but its become a farce.
Sunderland is an EPL club surely?

I think the FA needs to do something radical with the FA cup as even league one clubs aren't taking it seriously now - 7K at Sunderland for our game as an example. No idea what they should do to make it attractive again but its become a farce.
I doubt the 1pm kick off time helped the away following . I know a few went but with the coach leaving at 415am it ruled it out for many.
I would have expected a bigger home attendance, but we are possibly one of the least fashionable clubs they could have got at home plus we play them in the league also - it really was a shocker of a draw to get in round 1 with so many non league clubs still in it.

I doubt the 1pm kick off time helped the away following . I know a few went but with the coach leaving at 415am it ruled it out for many.
I would have expected a bigger home attendance, but we are possibly one of the least fashionable clubs they could have got at home plus we play them in the league also - it really was a shocker of a draw to get in round 1 with so many non league clubs still in it.

Attendances everywhere will be low. Maybe the answer is the dramatically increase the prize money for the earlier rounds to make clubs take it more seriously. I kind of understand why premier league clubs don't really treat it seriously but even league one and two fans don't seem to rate it either

Its a shame as it used to be the best cup competition in the world. Not any more. I wonder if we will hit 4000 for the replay.

Attendances everywhere will be low. Maybe the answer is the dramatically increase the prize money for the earlier rounds to make clubs take it more seriously. I kind of understand why premier league clubs don't really treat it seriously but even league one and two fans don't seem to rate it either

Its a shame as it used to be the best cup competition in the world. Not any more. I wonder if we will hit 4000 for the replay.
Sunderland won't win the FA Cup, and won't get any league points for beating Gillingham so why would people want to watch the match? There will be more enticing fixtures played this round and in the future

There are enough Black Cat fans in and around the London area to justify opening the whole stadium for the replay. As we only get a share of the gate minus expenses, and we could always be creative in the area of expenses so I think it is worth taking a chance and using all the stadium.

It may depend on how high Scally sets the prices. If it’s the usual league match prices then there’s no way we’ll get 4000 in, perhaps 2000 would be a struggle too.
If he reduced to £10 for adults would we get enough extra people in to make up the shortfall? Probably not.

There are enough Black Cat fans in and around the London area to justify opening the whole stadium for the replay. As we only get a share of the gate minus expenses, and we could always be creative in the area of expenses so I think it is worth taking a chance and using all the stadium.

Yes had forgotten that. Many south eastern exiled Sunderland fans may well make the short trip.

It may depend on how high Scally sets the prices. If it’s the usual league match prices then there’s no way we’ll get 4000 in, perhaps 2000 would be a struggle too.
If he reduced to £10 for adults would we get enough extra people in to make up the shortfall? Probably not.

From what I understand ticket pricing is a mutual agreement in the FA Cup. At a guess the tickets will be around £15-£20.

Decent result and sounds like we were the more likely winners 2nd half.

Be very nice to progress and maybe get to the R3 draw and a “big” cup tie in the offing. Worth holding our breaths you reckon?

From what I understand ticket pricing is a mutual agreement in the FA Cup. At a guess the tickets will be around £15-£20.
Sunderland may point to the fact that they only charged £10 for adult tickets today, so why should we charge more for the replay?

Sunderland may point to the fact that they only charged £10 for adult tickets today, so why should we charge more for the replay?

Maybe because they got nearly 8k at the game. We are likely to get 2-3k? I’d imagine they will set a price between them them that they think will get the biggest income. To at least try to cover the cost of the game.

All speculation before Wayne pops in to burst my bubble ?

Maybe because they got nearly 8k at the game. We are likely to get 2-3k? I’d imagine they will set a price between them them that they think will get the biggest income. To at least try to cover the cost of the game.

All speculation before Wayne pops in to burst my bubble ?

I agree as you've basically re-worded my post #70 above ;)

I agree as you've basically re-worded my post #70 above ;)

Doh!

Changing the subject quickly, just seen someone point out that Tue/Wed week when the replay is supposed to be. That’s international week and Sunderland have already postponed their league game on the Saturday. Will the cup game have to be moved or do Sunlun have to play the game without their internationals? They may do that anyway if they don’t give a fig about the cup.

Doh!

Changing the subject quickly, just seen someone point out that Tue/Wed week when the replay is supposed to be. That’s international week and Sunderland have already postponed their league game on the Saturday. Will the cup game have to be moved or do Sunlun have to play the game without their internationals? They may do that anyway if they don’t give a fig about the cup.
Pass, was wondering the same myself!
They will be well rested for the Tuesday as, like you say, their league match next Saturday is already off.
They have players who will be playing for Scotland and N.Ireland on the Tuesday when we could be playing them, I’m sure we’ll find out early next week exactly when it will be played.