£4,000 a week? | Page 5 | Vital Football

£4,000 a week?

Salford also has a rugby league team.
Sustainability in a saturated market, not good IMHO.
Bet the likes of Bury Oldham Rochdale et al who already struggle to cope with their much bigger neighbours must be over the moon with the new kids on the block trying to grab the casual fans of the area.

Salford also has a rugby league team.
Sustainability in a saturated market, not good IMHO.
Bet the likes of Bury Oldham Rochdale et al who already struggle to cope with their much bigger neighbours must be over the moon with the new kids on the block trying to grab the casual fans of the area.
Spanking new stadium at Salford rugby league very few watch them in it.?

Accrington won l2 with average attendances of 1900. It doesn’t seem like they draw many extra fans in, even when successful.
Even with all those teams in g manc Stockport still average 3k

Fylde and Salford both averaged 1600 last year

I made my own views about this known in an earlier post but.... I'd like to know what exactly is a level playing field?

In 2016/17 I think most of us realise that Tranmere had the most resources. A large fan base (more than twice ours at the start of the season), and ancillary businesses funding the football side.

And yet, despite that, Tranmere lost over £30,000 per week that season.

If a club with the most (natural) resources can overspend by £1.7 million in a year, then why shouldn't clubs like Borehamwood or Salford be allowed to do the same?

Once you've established that funding losses year-in-year-out is acceptable, everything else is just a question of scale.

Salford are using their vast resources to buy their way into the league but should that be considered to be a problem?

Clubs that have a significant injection of money have always then profited. You only have to consider that 20 years ago we were playing Man City in league games to see that.

Any club with a reasonable budget can decide to pay a player 4K a week. The question is whether it is a good business decision.
i think the lesson we learned was getting the overall structure of the club right first. from the top down.

As we have said before, it is not just about having money to spend; you need the right manager to spend it.

Of all the teams mentioned, I believe Salford has the largest potential for growth, but we will see in 5 or 10 years' time whether they make it, whether the model can become sustainable and whether they can stay there.

Of all the teams mentioned, I believe Salford has the largest potential for growth, but we will see in 5 or 10 years' time whether they make it, whether the model can become sustainable and whether they can stay there.

If you are referring to Salford city, they don't. it's Man Ure up ere, they do not recognise non league teams ere including FC Utd etc.