£4,000 a week? | Page 3 | Vital Football

£4,000 a week?

Just seen a tweet saying he's on £6000 a week, £2000 a week more than he was on at Aberdeen!!!!

to part answer my own question:

neville quoted by the bbc:
"Steal! I hope it's yours now! We've invested millions.

"You seem to want a franchise league where the established can't be challenged! We put a lot of money in and aren't embarrassed about it."

so far gary has *loaned* salford a lot of money...
unless the millions they have invested has come in the last year.

I am far from being a Man Utd or Neville fan, but in their defence it is a nice change to see ex-players, who have taken so much in terms of financial reward from football, actually putting some of it back in. Perhaps if every player gave their last month's wages to one or more of the clubs they started out with there would be a little less disparity between the top of football and the rest of it.

I am far from being a Man Utd or Neville fan, but in their defence it is a nice change to see ex-players, who have taken so much in terms of financial reward from football, actually putting some of it back in. Perhaps if every player gave their last month's wages to one or more of the clubs they started out with there would be a little less disparity between the top of football and the rest of it.
although if it is only an interest free loan, that is hardly putting money back in.

The largest shareholder at Salford with 50% is a Peter Lim who is worth in the region of £2 billion. More than enough to bank roll them to the Championship if not the Premier. Sad but true.

He was up in front of a Parliamentary Select Committee bemoaning the lack of funds for grass roots football the other day. I would suggest his money would be better spent investing in that rather than a white elephant at Salford City, if he really did care about ‘giving something back’.

He was up in front of a Parliamentary Select Committee bemoaning the lack of funds for grass roots football the other day. I would suggest his money would be better spent investing in that rather than a white elephant at Salford City, if he really did care about ‘giving something back’.
I would have put 100 likes here if I could MaineRoad. I used to have a degree of respect for Gary Neville, but that's diminishing fast after the last couple of days.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know the average attendances for Salford in the last couple of seasons? I am pretty sure they were around the 100-200 mark before the 'Class of '92' got involved.

"Putting back in...?" You mean shoving a load of money into their fellow professionals' pockets and totally distorting the competition and relatively level playing-field of the National League. I'm sure some of their investment has gone on other infrastructure to be fair, but how can Red Nev carp on about Premier League clubs investing in grassroots football when he's paying way over the odds in wages (and presumably agents' fees as well) at non-league level.

I'd have had more respect for them if they'd put money into an established league club, or even FC United, where at least there is a sizeable following.

As MR96 said if they're all such big fans of grassroots football instead of spunking a fortune on a club why not spend their millions on kids and amateur pitches in Manchester and the other towns and cities of the north west, hypocrites the lot of them!

As MR96 said if they're all such big fans of grassroots football instead of spunking a fortune on a club why not spend their millions on kids and amateur pitches in Manchester and the other towns and cities of the north west, hypocrites the lot of them!

Let's face it, Salford aren't going to be "grass-roots" for that long with that level of investment, are they?

Like many owners of clubs - though not all - it's about having a toy to play with and ego.

I think you will find its come from the billionaire part owner( paul lim?)

I would have put 100 likes here if I could MaineRoad. I used to have a degree of respect for Gary Neville, but that's diminishing fast after the last couple of days.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know the average attendances for Salford in the last couple of seasons? I am pretty sure they were around the 100-200 mark before the 'Class of '92' got involved.

In the season immediately prior to being taken over in 2014, Salford finished 16th in the Northern Premier League First Division North, the eighth level of English football, with an average attendance of 117 for their 21 home league games.

Let's face it, Salford aren't going to be "grass-roots" for that long with that level of investment, are they?

Like many owners of clubs - though not all - it's about having a toy to play with and ego.
I meant put it into Sunday league and kids football instead

what is the problem financially with salford. they have money to burn and are spending it on expensive players. are you saying that they are spending money that they don't have?

Players on long highly paid contracts. What happens if they pull their money? Though I doubt they will. It’s to prevent teams going into administration. Time will tell I suppose.

The conference is particularly odd, because it has no financial fair play, but if you end up in administration then they relegate you.

Players on long highly paid contracts. What happens if they pull their money? Though I doubt they will. It’s to prevent teams going into administration. Time will tell I suppose.

The conference is particularly odd, because it has no financial fair play, but if you end up in administration then they relegate you.
i agree. if each time they signed a guy on a three year contract they invested and ring-fenced the money to pay for three years, everything would be fine. that would require invested money by neville and co, not loans.

I think it is a bizarre model as there are so many clubs in the Greater Manchester area trying to attract fans. On the subject of wages, I am sure that only a handful of people at the club really know the terms of the contract. Old Bob who man's the gate or Doris who makes the tea know no more than you or I

I think it is a bizarre model as there are so many clubs in the Greater Manchester area trying to attract fans. On the subject of wages, I am sure that only a handful of people at the club really know the terms of the contract. Old Bob who man's the gate or Doris who makes the tea know no more than you or I

Au contraire. Doris knows *everything*.