24/25 Season Tickets | Page 7 | Vital Football

24/25 Season Tickets

I can’t believe that, if the top section of the BMS can’t be brought back into use, that the lower half is still likely to pass a safety inspection. I think we have to get used to the idea that the BMS will be out of use in its entirety for the foreseeable future given that Joe is talking about the Championship before it would be revisited.

This is the bit that baffles me.

Surely if we had a “clearly” successful promotion season in L2, we would have a lot of sell out games. We had a number close to selling out even in this disrupted, and “boring” season.

Then in L1 we’d have a lot more sell outs especially given the much larger away followings. If we were in promotion contention in L1 I could see every game being sold out (home areas).

If we are waiting until we get to the Championship we’ll be missing out on a lot of revenue (as well as waiting a long time…).

Another point. Don’t want to first get to the Championship, THEN start building. Unless it’s done in record time, a first season back at that level would then be played with just 3 stands in use. Madness.

The top section needed money spending on it to keep it in use, if only for the big occasions. Scaffolding structures generally have a limited life, so I think similarly the bottom section would need money spending on it to keep it in use and it doesn’t look like the club wants too. I think that’s confirmed by the fact that the club seems to have allocated more seating in the Gordon Road Stand for away supporters, given that some season ticket holders at the Gillingham end of that stand have been asked to move to seats nearer the Rainham End according to reports.

It’s certainly plausible.

I wouldn’t class the additional block of the Gordon Road being reserved for away fans as ‘confirmation’ though.

My own theory is that it’s to reduce the number of times we have to use the BMS (and the costs that go with that). Must be frustrating having to open it for an away following that is too big for two blocks of GR but still relatively small. Perhaps using three blocks provides a better balance.

If we didn’t have the option to host larger away followings in the BMS I wouldn’t expect the club to sell season tickets in the fourth from last block of Gordon Road.

Sadly, after many years, I've decided I'm not renewing mine. I may change my decision when I see who we sign and whether SC remains in charge, but as it stands at the moment, I can't face another season of watching the dirge we have been served up recently.
I went to watch Ramsgate V Lancing on Saturday, 2nd V 4th and saw more entertainment in 90 minutes than I have all year at Priestfield. I predicted to the Lads I go to Priestfield with that I would see more goals in 90 minutes that I have seen Gillingham score in 2024 and It finished 7-2 to The Rams.
I attend home and many away games with 5 other season ticket holders in the RE and we have decided that our plan for next season is to become football slags and check the fixtures on a Wednesday and see who is playing where from The Gills, Chatham and The Rams and pick a game. We will inevitably attend some Gills games, but we just can't face another season of watching shit every week.

Must be a lie. I read numerous times that the timings & prices were poorly judged and were going to put loads of people off?
With the amount of people not renewing on this site alone does make you wonder lol

Good news all round for budgets next season especially with the Commercial side doing so well

Positive news thaf people are backing the project by renewing early. Might help convince them to invest more in the transfer budget.

Positive news thaf people are backing the project by renewing early. Might help convince them to invest more in the transfer budget.
Brad has said next season’s budget will be the same as this season’s and that it will be plenty enough.

Brad has said next season’s budget will be the same as this season’s and that it will be plenty enough.

Surely if we were willing to get in Alfie May, (and then JCH if the big rumours were true), then last years budget wasn’t fully spent. Because we certainly didn’t make any signings afterwards that were close to the wages that those 2 players would have commanded.

We have also removed Tom Nichols from the budget and probably Bonne and Mahoney too. Possibly 3 of the bigger wages in the squad. So there should be a fair bit of wage space available.

Surely if we were willing to get in Alfie May, (and then JCH if the big rumours were true), then last years budget wasn’t fully spent. Because we certainly didn’t make any signings afterwards that were close to the wages that those 2 players would have commanded.

We have also removed Tom Nichols from the budget and probably Bonne and Mahoney too. Possibly 3 of the bigger wages in the squad. So there should be a fair bit of wage space available.
Maybe so, but none of that means next season’s total budget will be any more than this season’s.
I think there was probably a difference in the budget for the first half of the season to the second half, after an apparent cut in January.
Perhaps it had to be adjusted down when they realised exactly what income they were getting from attendances etc.
They’ve said we won’t be able to outspend teams, we’ll have to outthink them, so it suggests we certainly won’t be splashing the cash in the summer, especially given Brad thinks we only need 3 or 4 new players.

I think there was probably a difference in the budget for the first half of the season to the second half, after an apparent cut in January.

That all depends if you believe the rumours around JCH. If we had got him on the last day of the window then we’d have blown our previous budget out the water. I personally think that was the main reason we moved Bonne & Nichols on, to make wage space. But it never happened and we’ll probably never know.

@Gillshorse, any truth in the rumours?

They’ve said we won’t be able to outspend teams, we’ll have to outthink them, so it suggests we certainly won’t be splashing the cash in the summer, especially given Brad thinks we only need 3 or 4 new players.

If we're to only sign 3 or 4 players IMO they're going to have to be seriously good players and therefore probably expensive. We need at least two strikers, some natural width with pace and at least two midfielders IMO. Given Mahoney isn't likely to be here (and he's been our most productive creative midfielder) we need to find some real creative talent. It's been proven we can't rely on what we've had this season to supply a decent strike force (if we recruit one).

We may still be paying some of Bonne’s wages. I believe we can bring in some quality additions up top and in midfield if we bin:
- Bonne
- Mahoney
- one of J Williams/Lapslie

Other than that we have Clarke, Nads and Walker who will be on lower wages but have set the bar low in terms of finding a better replacement.

We’ll also need to consider the goalkeeper situation: is Turner out of contract and can we find an upgrade, plus will Morris be happy here for another season?

That leaves Shaun Williams as likely to leave us too given a lack of game time. I don’t know how much of a high earner he would be.

We may still be paying some of Bonne’s wages. I believe we can bring in some quality additions up top and in midfield if we bin:
- Bonne
- Mahoney
- one of J Williams/Lapslie

Other than that we have Clarke, Nads and Walker who will be on lower wages but have set the bar low in terms of finding a better replacement.

We’ll also need to consider the goalkeeper situation: is Turner out of contract and can we find an upgrade, plus will Morris be happy here for another season?

That leaves Shaun Williams as likely to leave us too given a lack of game time. I don’t know how much of a high earner he would be.
Bonne is only on a one year deal so will be leaving, Mahoney we might want to keep but wages could be a problem. (Rumoured to be on £6k-£7k a week now). Lapslie I think I has another year left, Williams I don’t know but as we snatched him from under Bradford’s noses you’d think he be on at least a 2 year contract.
I saw Shaun Williams leave the stadium no more than 10 mins after the final whistle on Friday, obviously wasn’t in the squad so I think it’s safe to assume he’ll be on his way.
Josh Walker is only on loan and I’d be surprised if we wanted him back next season.

Bonne is only on a one year deal so will be leaving, Mahoney we might want to keep but wages could be a problem. (Rumoured to be on £6k-£7k a week now). Lapslie I think I has another year left, Williams I don’t know but as we snatched him from under Bradford’s noses you’d think he be on at least a 2 year contract.
I saw Shaun Williams leave the stadium no more than 10 mins after the final whistle on Friday, obviously wasn’t in the squad so I think it’s safe to assume he’ll be on his way.
Josh Walker is only on loan and I’d be surprised if we wanted him back next season.
Think Jonny Williams was signed on a 3 year deal 😬

I personally think that was the main reason we moved Bonne & Nichols on

I think the reason we moved them on was that they were expensive failures this season. Clemence said himself that they were moved on because we haven’t scored enough goals and therefore needed to change things up - of course, you shouldn’t always take what a manager says as being true, particularly regarding departing players but I’m happy to take Clemence’s words at face value here.

I think the reason we moved them on was that they were expensive failures this season. Clemence said himself that they were moved on because we haven’t scored enough goals and therefore needed to change things up - of course, you shouldn’t always take what a manager says as being true, particularly regarding departing players but I’m happy to take Clemence’s words at face value here.

Agree about being expensive failures. But I’m thinking we moved them on (rather than Nads, Clarke or whoever), more because they were expensive and on big wages. Why not keep them here if we weren’t trying to free up budget space? They were better options than the forwards we kept.

We could have loaned out 2 or 3 other “lesser” players to NL. But we shipped out 2 players that could score if given service. With Hutton providing a bit more and now Andrews looking pretty decent, I’m sure Bonne and/or Nichols would have got a few more goals. Again, we’ll never know.

Either way, it allows extra space in the playing budget for next season.