24/25 Season Tickets | Page 6 | Vital Football

24/25 Season Tickets

My understanding of the Taylor Report is you can’t return any terracing to your stadium once you go all-seater. The best we can do is safe standing with approval from the FL.

Bung a semi-temp safe standing stand with a roof and make it both home and away fans.
Fair enough, I’m not sure what the difference is between terracing and safe standing . Seems a shame then that that end is now imprisoned by a period of time between 2000-2005 when we had to install that shit end and now we can’t go back, madness really as is all the anti terracing rules borne out of the hillsborough disaster that had nothing to do with Terracing issues itself and more to do with policing/ caging/ fake tickets .

Fair enough, I’m not sure what the difference is between terracing and safe standing . Seems a shame then that that end is now imprisoned by a period of time between 2000-2005 when we had to install that shit end and now we can’t go back, madness really as is all the anti terracing rules borne out of the hillsborough disaster that had nothing to do with Terracing issues itself and more to do with policing/ caging/ fake tickets .
The difference between safe standing and a terrace is that you have an allocated space (with a seat behind you) and a rail in front. It’s not a case of anyone can go anywhere like it used to be.

I would LOVE to see terraces back, especially for our own Town End, but it’s simply not going to happen. A stand with a roof shared with away fans would improve the atmosphere no end though.

The difference between safe standing and a terrace is that you have an allocated space (with a seat behind you) and a rail in front. It’s not a case of anyone can go anywhere like it used to be.

I would LOVE to see terraces back, especially for our own Town End, but it’s simply not going to happen. A stand with a roof shared with away fans would improve the atmosphere no end though.

That’s right PuB, and sorry for not being clear Hessy. You watch me completely overcomplicate it now, but in my inebriated state I’d love the opportunity to waffle on about this topic.

The 3-minute video below explains it well, as it’s Everton fans going to Borussia Dortmund to understand how it works there and how it might work in their new stadium. Since then I think Everton have scaled back the proposals.

If you didn’t want to watch that, I can bore you:

Safe standing in the UK is a seat with a rail above it, so that you can stand and lean on the rail above the seat in front. Brentford and Pompey have had this when we’ve played there in the last couple of seasons.

For Brentford, which we sold out, there’s no difference except having the rail. You’re still designated a ‘seat’, and it’s your choice whether you stand or sit.

Abroad safe standing is improved by:

- you can lock each seat in the upright (unused) position to avoid arguments and accidental lowering of the seat, which could lead to injury

- the specifically-designed seat rests flat when folded up, meaning you avoid the cuts and bruises I’ve gladly suffered celebrating goals

- safe standing can actually increases the capacity of the stand, in some cases double it.

In Germany it’s especially used.

Last edited:
The video below explains it well, as it’s Everton fans going to Borussia Dortmund to understand how it works there and how it might work in their new stadium. Since then I think Everton have scaled back the proposals.

If you didn’t want to watch that, I can bore you:

Can’t find the link Trev. Can you repost, I’d like to watch it. I’ve always thought terrace or safe standing option at the Town End would serve us well for the next few years at least.

Can’t find the link Trev. Can you repost, I’d like to watch it. I’ve always thought terrace or safe standing option at the Town End would serve us well for the next few years at least.
Can you see it now? I forgot to paste the link in the original post but have edited it now! It’s only three minutes or so in length, but perfectly explains everything.

My guess is they hope to offer it to Gills fans if we have a good season and the demand for extra capacity is there.

Three blocks of the GRS should cater for the majority of away support in league 2.

A few hundred of the Gills` contingent will be on a new, yet traditional, terrace at Harrogate on Monday. I`m quite looking forward to it.
:party:

Is it also the case that, for every one seat between the rails, two people can stand ?

The rails should make terrace "surges" such as at Hillsborough almost impossible.

I can’t believe that, if the top section of the BMS can’t be brought back into use, that the lower half is still likely to pass a safety inspection. I think we have to get used to the idea that the BMS will be out of use in its entirety for the foreseeable future given that Joe is talking about the Championship before it would be revisited.

I can’t believe that, if the top section of the BMS can’t be brought back into use, that the lower half is still likely to pass a safety inspection. I think we have to get used to the idea that the BMS will be out of use in its entirety for the foreseeable future given that Joe is talking about the Championship before it would be revisited.
That does sound like the most likely outcome for next season - BMS being closed entirely.

I can’t believe that, if the top section of the BMS can’t be brought back into use, that the lower half is still likely to pass a safety inspection.

It’s not that it ‘can’t be brought back into use’ more that it’s not cost effective to.

If that has any bearing on whether the bottom half is safe why hasn’t it mattered up until now?

It’s not that it ‘can’t be brought back into use’ more that it’s not cost effective to.

If that has any bearing on whether the bottom half is safe why hasn’t it mattered up until now?
The top section needed money spending on it to keep it in use, if only for the big occasions. Scaffolding structures generally have a limited life, so I think similarly the bottom section would need money spending on it to keep it in use and it doesn’t look like the club wants too. I think that’s confirmed by the fact that the club seems to have allocated more seating in the Gordon Road Stand for away supporters, given that some season ticket holders at the Gillingham end of that stand have been asked to move to seats nearer the Rainham End according to reports.