24/25 Season Tickets | Page 2 | Vital Football

24/25 Season Tickets

I wonder how much EXTRA money the club will get from increasing prices.

Some rough guesswork for me makes it 100-150k.

That's 1 half decent player's wages.

Fairly happy with the adult and OAP prices for me and my dad - not a big increase. However, not hugely happy with the increase for U14s. Last season it went from £30 to £55 and this season £55 to £100 so has almost doubled from last year and almost quadrupled from two years ago.

I’ll renew for my son, but I take his mate and my nephew and due to their own football and family commitments, they don’t get to that many games, so it may be their parents can’t justify 100 quid.

You might say that £45 isn’t a lot extra to find, but it’s equally not a lot for the club. The two boys dads don’t go, so unless I take them, they don’t go, so if they don’t renew, that’s two prospective fans lost. Is it really worth it from the club’s point of view?
Where do you sit Steve? my 13year old's ticket for the RE is only a fiver more next season, and the OAP ticket is £15 cheaper than the adult one whereas this season it's the same price

Why only 5 weeks for s/t holders to decide if they want to renew?

1st April the threat of letting others buy your place.

Should be early / mid may for s/t holders to decide.

Why only 5 weeks for s/t holders to decide if they want to renew?

1st April the threat of letting others buy your place.

Should be early / mid may for s/t holders to decide.

Id guess most st holders made the decision in a heart beat.

Renew for the umpteenth year? Yes.

The only time i thought about it was the last year of scallys control and decided enough was enough and walked away

Bought a half year st the first opportunity after the takevover 😁

Where do you sit Steve? my 13year old's ticket for the RE is only a fiver more next season, and the OAP ticket is £15 cheaper than the adult one whereas this season it's the same price
Gordon Road block E. I checked last season’s price this evening and it was defo £55 for my son, his mate and my nephew, £30 the season before and £100 this season coming. Really can’t understand what the club are trying to achieve from this - a lot more to lose than a small financial gain.

I have renewed, will be the 30th season for me! £15 more isn't bad in line with inflation and the 5 month option is good.

I still personally think we should do a sliding scale option even for just a PR stunt - i.e. maybe more than £365 (for argument's sake £380) and if we get 4k ST holders it goes down to £350 and if we get 6k season ticket holders it goes down to £300 etc.

I always preach the good word of Gills to my mates locally, but having an incentive to get them to buy one - for me makes a load of sense, we'd be doing the club's advertising for them.

Also there is no real incentive for bringing families along price wise, I think we are missing a bit of a trick with some sort of bundled family package bringing in the fans of the future, and ensuring it is affordable for people in the area.

I love the Galinsons and am happy to renew and keep the good vibes going, so not wanting to be too negative, but there is an element of me that thinks they have passed up a few ideas that would reap benefits in the long run.

I still personally think we should do a sliding scale option even for just a PR stunt - i.e. maybe more than £365 (for argument's sake £380) and if we get 4k ST holders it goes down to £350 and if we get 6k season ticket holders it goes down to £300 etc.
Sounds nice on paper but the logistics of this seem a right hassle. You're still asking a lot of people to stump up the full amount but then have to go back and potentially issue partial refunds to thousands of people, and then again once you get to the next tier?

If you were going to do something in relation to sales numbers it would be easier to have a list of separate benefits that could be added on rather than a price adjustment - i.e. if we get over 4k all ST holders will receive an increased shop discount, food & drink vouchers, etc.

I tend to defer to the club to a certain extent on issues of the pricing, timing, benefits, etc of season tickets, as I assume they have experience and a pretty sizeable set of data showing the measured effects of these variables.

Easy for everyone to say "the club should being doing x..." based on personal/anecdotal situations and assume this has a wider implication on sales. I have a suspicion that overall season ticket sales are less price elastic than many fans would suggest.

Sounds nice on paper but the logistics of this seem a right hassle. You're still asking a lot of people to stump up the full amount but then have to go back and potentially issue partial refunds to thousands of people, and then again once you get to the next tier?

Bradford do this perfectly fine with bigger numbers.

I tend to defer to the club to a certain extent on issues of the pricing, timing, benefits, etc of season tickets, as I assume they have experience and a pretty sizeable set of data showing the measured effects of these variables.

Easy for everyone to say "the club should being doing x..." based on personal/anecdotal situations and assume this has a wider implication on sales. I have a suspicion that overall season ticket sales are less price elastic than many fans would suggest.
If its for the long term and not just all about immediate profits then the priority should be cheap STs for youngsters and even more importantly cheap potd for kids.

I guess by then we still likely won’t know which league we’ll be in next season, so it might entice some to renew in the hope they’ll get it at a cheaper price than later if we are promoted to League 1 ?
Joe Comper talks about the season ticket launch here:
I wached that but no explanation about the short reneal window.

Maybe the club need the money quick?

I think s/t holders should be able to decide once our fate is sealed.

But no, let's pressurise supporters because they might lose their seat.

The rise in prices for kids is disgraceful. £30 to £100 in two years. Really?

I wached that but no explanation about the short reneal window.

Maybe the club need the money quick?

I think s/t holders should be able to decide once our fate is sealed.

But no, let's pressurise supporters because they might lose their seat.

The rise in prices for kids is disgraceful. £30 to £100 in two years. Really?
I’d understand and think they’d sell more early season tickets if the dangled a carrot, i.e. £380 before end March, £400 before end May, £420 after that if in League Two, £450 if in League One.

I’ve kind of said my piece on the kids tickets, but it really doesn’t fit in with the Galinson philosophy. What is to be gained from making £45 over a season from an U14s ticket compared to losing a number of U14 supporters for life? As I say, I take two U14s whose parents may not be able to justify that sort of increase.

I just spoke to the club and the answer with regard to the deadline is "the club needs 3 months to process and orgainse season icket delivery".

What happens when a customer buys one in the 1st week of July? Do they get it in October?

Poor, It would be better if they were honest.

I just spoke to the club and the answer with regard to the deadline is "the club needs 3 months to process and orgainse season icket delivery".

What happens when a customer buys one in the 1st week of July? Do they get it in October?

Poor, It would be better if they were honest.

Think you’re wrong to call the club dishonest.

I can see why it would take 3 months to process and organise delivery for 3,000 odd season tickets.

No, I wouldn’t expect anyone buying in July to get theirs in October (unless the club delay putting all season tickets on sale until July of course).