2023 Rugby World Cup | Page 11 | Vital Football

2023 Rugby World Cup

Most of all we showed real heart and showed we can play a bit and will develop again from here.

Well done lads, we were literally just pipped at the post. Not the one sided battle I and so many others thought it would be.
Haha EX I was one of the few, there's a famous speech there somewhere, who didn't think it would be a one sided battle, I really thought we would win it and basically we should have, but alas not to be.

6 nations here we come.

When all is said and done, England lost the semi final of a minority sport, and it will be dismissed as being of no consequence within a week. SA scraped home in a fixture that ranks here as the biggest global event on the international sporting calendar.
I won't begrudge the locals a win against NZ next weekend, This country is in such a dreadful mess that it's good for the population to get something to enthuse about every now and then.
Nothing seems to give South Africans more pleasure than to beat up England on the sports field!, With yesterday's cricket fiasco it will be a day that lives long in the memory of many!

England threw it away. Their intensity dropped & it allowed the Springboks back into the game. To lose it as late as they did was heartbreaking but S.Africa's victory was richly deserved because they never gave up. A lesson England will never learn i'm afraid. Nearly but ultimately not good enough.

I have no preference as I want both to win, but only one can. The Boks beat the ABs by 28 points just before the tournament; I don't see that happening this time. I hope the conditions are drier and we see more of a running game, a last opportunity for something rivalling the quality of France vs SA. May the best team win.

S.Africa will be too strong for the All Blacks. It will be closer than last time around but the Bok's pack is just too damn strong.

When i look back at this tournament i'll do so with deep frustration. The Irish should be in the final but their ill discipline proved so costly when it mattered most.

I have no preference as I want both to win, but only one can. The Boks beat the ABs by 28 points just before the tournament; I don't see that happening this time. I hope the conditions are drier and we see more of a running game, a last opportunity for something rivalling the quality of France vs SA. May the best team win.

As Kiwi pointed out, Cane, Retallick and McKenzie change the AB's. And stopping Will Jordan will be a full-time job for the Boks.

As an Englishman who has lived in SA for fifty years, but who has maintained a lifelong addiction to 'proper football', my answer to the question is the same as when anybody down here asks me who I will be supporting and what the outcome will be. Who cares!

As Kiwi pointed out, Cane, Retallick and McKenzie change the AB's. And stopping Will Jordan will be a full-time job for the Boks.
The Boks have their running jewels too in Arendse and Kolbe. And they can take that to another notch, if Lukanyo Am is available.

Having read an article in this morning's Daily Express regards Racism in Rugby and in particular a piece written by Niell Squires, I have some questions?

Why is it nothing when a Black Rugby Player calls a White Rugby Player a White ****?
Why is this not an offence?

Is it because it is nout for a Black Player to call a White Player a name? meaning its not as offensive! unless it had been the other way round.

But lets be honest, if it was the other way round there would be hell to pay!

For me this is reverse racism! and should be stamped out!

Having read an article in this morning's Daily Express regards Racism in Rugby and in particular a piece written by Niell Squires, I have some questions?

Why is it nothing when a Black Rugby Player calls a White Rugby Player a White ****?
Why is this not an offence?

Is it because it is nout for a Black Player to call a White Player a name? meaning its not as offensive! unless it had been the other way round.

But lets be honest, if it was the other way round there would be hell to pay!

For me this is reverse racism! and should be stamped out!

The story is that Mbonambi was screaming in Afrikaans and it sounded like something else in English.

Apparently wide side translates to wyt kant in Afrikaans.

Going to create a NFL thread at this rate.

This is the World Championship that includes countries from all over the globe. So it's a big deal for a lot of people.

I like soccer and rugby, I've never understood the animosity between the supporters of each of those sports although rugby is supposed to be the game of the wealthy, in many countries that is changing as is soccer being a sport of the working class.

If you want to ee what rugby has done for South Africa watch Invictus. Morgan freeman and Matt Damon are in it. And it is true.

The story is that Mbonambi was screaming in Afrikaans and it sounded like something else in English.

Apparently wide side translates to wyt kant in Afrikaans.

World Rugby needed to state what you said in their official statement. They didn't, which makes them look very corrupt.

I'm certain Tom Curry knows the intonation of what was said. He's a son of a head teacher and a smart lad. He didn't even get interviewed in the investigation.

My guess is that Mbonambi is quietly relieved he isn't missing the WC final. He almost certainly got away with one.

World Rugby needed to state what you said in their official statement. They didn't, which makes them look very corrupt.

I'm certain Tom Curry knows the intonation of what was said. He's a son of a head teacher and a smart lad. He didn't even get interviewed in the investigation.

My guess is that Mbonambi is quietly relieved he isn't missing the WC final. He almost certainly got away with one.
100% there muttley, it appears he has said what he said to Tom Curry in another game, but WR just turned their bent noses up the claim.

This is the World Championship that includes countries from all over the globe. So it's a big deal for a lot of people.

I like soccer and rugby, I've never understood the animosity between the supporters of each of those sports although rugby is supposed to be the game of the wealthy, in many countries that is changing as is soccer being a sport of the working class.

If you want to ee what rugby has done for South Africa watch Invictus. Morgan freeman and Matt Damon are in it. And it is true.

Ok....and what does this have to do with my joke about creating a NFL thread...I was confused.