2023 Rugby World Cup | Vital Football

2023 Rugby World Cup

D

Departed

Anyone going?

Who will win?

Who would you like to see win?

Well it won't be England for sure, Scotland would be nice as I have Scottish ancestry but Ireland is probably the most likely bet from the home nations.

The Boks are in good form; they smashed the All Blacks by 28 points 10 days ago. They have a new centre, Canaan Moodie, a young player who plays with maturity and class. Them against the French on home soil would make a fantastic final.

The Boks are in good form; they smashed the All Blacks by 28 points 10 days ago. They have a new centre, Canaan Moodie, a young player who plays with maturity and class. Them against the French on home soil would make a fantastic final.

I agree. Especially after the fiasco of France scooping this world cup out from under the South African noses.

It's a shame the draw for the pools was made so far back. Arguably the top 4 countries in the world on current form are in pools A and B with the winners and runners up scheduled to meet each other in the quarter finals.

Must admit, I've lost some interest because of the state of the English setup. France can win this because of the hard work Shaun Edwards has done on their defensive setup. Before that, they were just a great attacking side. Then we see the great work Andy Farrell is doing with the Irish.

You can't help thinking if we had invested in these 2 of our own instead of that Aussie idiot for all these years, we might have a way better setup. Borthwick is lamb to the slaughter.

I will try to enjoy the WC for what it is....rugby. There won't be any joy watching my team though. It's like Steve McLaren has just taken over from Graham Taylor.

Must admit, I've lost some interest because of the state of the English setup. France can win this because of the hard work Shaun Edwards has done on their defensive setup. Before that, they were just a great attacking side. Then we see the great work Andy Farrell is doing with the Irish.

You can't help thinking if we had invested in these 2 of our own instead of that Aussie idiot for all these years, we might have a way better setup. Borthwick is lamb to the slaughter.

I will try to enjoy the WC for what it is....rugby. There won't be any joy watching my team though. It's like Steve McLaren has just taken over from Graham Taylor.
Haha, spot on Muttley.

We aren't even in it so don't feel too bad. First time we have missed out but rugby in Canada is a mess.

But I am really looking forward to this RWC. A lot of good teams and without the All Black dominance.

Brave man doing a thread on this 80deg ... England wont even get out of the group stages me thinks. They are worse than the cricket teams at the mo

I'm not a massive rugby fan but like many would follow the 6 nations and world cup and some of the bigger international clashes. But as an Irish spurs fan from Antrim it's quite unusual to be in a position of my team/county/country being the favourite for anything...although I must say that prior to the 6 nations irish fans were nervous. But the current batch of players seem to be a different breed. The group stages and quarter final on our side is going to be such a brutal watch. I wouldn't be surprised if all the big sides end up beating each other up so much that they leave the door open for Wales, England, Australia or Argentina to sneak in to the final

It's hard to say any team other than South Africa or France to win it all. Will being host be a blessing or curse? I'm going to say France to win

Brave man doing a thread on this 80deg ... England wont even get out of the group stages me thinks. They are worse than the cricket teams at the mo
Haha sld, we are going to win it, written off to early! giving us the umph! to get there!

Oh my head hurts lol!

I'm not a massive rugby fan but like many would follow the 6 nations and world cup and some of the bigger international clashes. But as an Irish spurs fan from Antrim it's quite unusual to be in a position of my team/county/country being the favourite for anything...although I must say that prior to the 6 nations irish fans were nervous. But the current batch of players seem to be a different breed. The group stages and quarter final on our side is going to be such a brutal watch. I wouldn't be surprised if all the big sides end up beating each other up so much that they leave the door open for Wales, England, Australia or Argentina to sneak in to the final

It's hard to say any team other than South Africa or France to win it all. Will being host be a blessing or curse? I'm going to say France to win
Meee thats a big BOOO! from me Lol!

Your U21 10 is the second coming of Sexton.

Have no interest at all myself, have always considered it a minority sport, but here in SA they already seem to be taking it for granted that the Boks will win it. I'm not sure what's worse, the huge amount of crowing that lasts for weeks if they win, or a totally pissed off nation when they lose.

Have no interest at all myself, have always considered it a minority sport, but here in SA they already seem to be taking it for granted that the Boks will win it. I'm not sure what's worse, the huge amount of crowing that lasts for weeks if they win, or a totally pissed off nation when they lose.
They go from SpringBoks to SpringBaks lol!