2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 124 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

I'm not; I'm simply reacting to events as they unfold.

Today it's the Brennan Johnson story.

Yesterday it was the rumour than we have abandoned the pursuit of Buchanan.

The other day it was the cancellation of the Burnley game.

I'm not repeating the same every day; I'm reacting to new events.

My opinion isn't changing. Guess why that is?
Because you are a narcissistic sociopath lacking the ability to self question?

Nonsense.

"Clamour". What does that look like?

Have we had fans outside the club offices protesting with placards demanding signings?

Or a few blokes on a few forums no one reads talking about what new players are needed?

Seriously, how on earth do you link forest fans to the signing of Gaetan Bong?

Some people just want to blame fans for everything. It's the same at every club. Whenever forest are shit at home, it's always "the fans put too much pressure on the players, the fans get on their backs". Yeah; that one doesn't work anymore; forest have been utter dogshit at home for over 12 months without a single fan there
Whatever you say then.

So is the general thoughts from our resident doom mongers that; in this close season we have made bids for 3 people, been told we are miles away from getting them so decided to say fuck it then we are done.. better luck next transfer window.
is there no room for the possibility that just because we dont know about it they may actually be doing their jobs and looking for and putting bids in on people.

nope?
I’m not saying we are going to go out and sign a team of full internationals but there is a middle ground somewhere

So is the general thoughts from our resident doom mongers that; in this close season we have made bids for 3 people, been told we are miles away from getting them so decided to say fuck it then we are done.. better luck next transfer window.
is there no room for the possibility that just because we dont know about it they may actually be doing their jobs and looking for and putting bids in on people.

nope?
I’m not saying we are going to go out and sign a team of full internationals but there is a middle ground somewhere
I wouldn't consider myself a resident doom monger. I've got a pair of rose tinted glasses tucked away that I put on every so often, and I look damn good in them too I might add.
It's just that we've been here before, and history tells us it doesn't all work out. We don't suddenly sign the players we've been chasing and everything suddenly looks rosey.
I'm not saying it isn't possible. But it sure as hell isn't likely, is it? Nobody can claim everything's looking hunky dory and back it up with even a shred of evidence or even rumour. So far the rumours we've had are dead in the water, nobodies arrived and there's no real noise to suggest anything is imminent, other than the possible departure Johnson which leaves us even worse off.
You find me a positive to cling too and I'll hold onto it tighter than you'd believe. Not a made up story about how everything's going to be ok, but an actual link or hint or suggestion of something positive in the pipe line.

nope?
We aren't on the middle ground are we.

We are on zero as far as the outfield concerns.

I don't care whether we have bid for Messi.

If he isn't in a forest shirt next week (or far worse, at the end of the month) then it's a waste of fucking time.

How many points do teams get for good intentions?

If it is less than 52 then they are worth fuck all

We aren't on the middle ground are we.

We are on zero as far as the outfield concerns.

I don't care whether we have bid for Messi.

If he isn't in a forest shirt next week (or far worse, at the end of the month) then it's a waste of fucking time.

How many points do teams get for good intentions?

If it is less than 52 then they are worth fuck all

Ha ha ha ha…to be fair i completely understand your point of view regarding transfers (or lack of) and our squad strength.

but i have to say fella…just calm down a little bit…you just had a birthday…your old ticker isn’t what it was even last week ::))

Are all the arguments in preparation of the second coming of Plummer?

Hes back next week chaps
No guarantee that he will come back even if he can…

If he behaves himself and apologises properly then I would rather he did come back but I fully understand if other people aren’t happy at the prospect.

No guarantee that he will come back even if he can…

If he behaves himself and apologises properly then I would rather he did come back but I fully understand if other people aren’t happy at the prospect.

Hes been posting. Surely he's Baxendale Thomas?

If it's a choice between Bong or playing untested some kid and giving him a bong to smoke before the game, I'd still probably go for the stoned, untested kid.