2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

@reluctantnicko

Brentford. Willing to go to 6m for Brennan Johnson at Forest. More than last attempt by a fair amount. However talking about a player going other way in package
Really really not up for that.

They have a lot of chaff in their wider squad. I don't for one second see them sending us any of the wheat, and why on earth would a very good Brentford player want to move to shitty Nottingham?

Why is nobody in touch with reality? This is 2021 and when the premier league clubs want a player from the championship they get him. This is never the "fault" of the selling club it is just a fact of life.

Why is nobody in touch with reality? This is 2021 and when the premier league clubs want a player from the championship they get him. This is never the "fault" of the selling club it is just a fact of life.
We're all a little too in touch with reality. Nobody is throwing abuse at NFFC for the potential sale of Brennan, but we're all acutely aware of the gaping holes in this team. Remove Johnson and the gaping hole in our attacking play just gets bigger.
You can't stop a young player leaving for a PL team, but you can make sure his departure is covered. That's not even close to being the case.

This is true if they meet the asking price and the player wants to leave. We've had recent bids for both BJ and Worrall but both are still here for now.

What an utter fucking shambles this transfer window is.

Has a touch of the MA's about it even Fawaz gave us some hope every window

Sick and tired of hearing about the new fucking CEO words words words and that more players are going

Do not think for one minute BJ is going to be staying at the club.

His dad will make sure he does the right thing by his son even though they have an affinity with the club

Massive increase in wages and a chance to play in the Premiership.

Brentford will go to between 7-8m with add ons to take it to around £10m job done

He should have been given the chance to play with us last season

They have a lot of chaff in their wider squad. I don't for one second see them sending us any of the wheat, and why on earth would a very good Brentford player want to move to shitty Nottingham?

Nottingham is not shitty.
Maybe you have never lived away from it but I tell you what it has more to offer and is a nicer city in most parts to most of the cities in this country

However it aint London and that is the problem with Brentford

You are probably right but as Forest fans I think we have every right to expect to see our star youth players in our team for at least one season before we have to sell to the bigger teams.
We have seen him star for Lincoln but not for us if he goes that can’t be right.
If he has 2 years left on his contract we have no need to sell right now ,even if we stretch it out to Jan that would at least be something.
i mean we don’t need the money right? Right?…..

I suffered my first visit to Nottingham in a long time last week. After a walk we emerged on to Carrington Street to be met with the set used by the various charities on facebook seeking funds for orphans of urban warfare. I fucking hope the club dont take any potential signing anywhere near this end of town. That said retail is dying everywhere and do players still go out on the town anyway?

Can I play poker against some of you on here. You would be folding every hand unless dealt three of a kind. Wait and see. Watch and wait. Be patient. Not halfway thru the window. All teams have completed little transfer activity apart from frees and out of contracts. Most movement will be after season starts. Hold your nerve.
What does that even mean, hold your nerve.

This is a football forum, not a transfer committee. We are discussing transfers, we aren't part of the discussions

Can I play poker against some of you on here. You would be folding every hand unless dealt three of a kind. Wait and see. Watch and wait. Be patient. Not halfway thru the window. All teams have completed little transfer activity apart from frees and out of contracts. Most movement will be after season starts. Hold your nerve.
No good bluffing is it? Forest need players and the season starts next week. You pick a line up from what we have that can win our opening games of the season. Signings coming in late August are too late, we could be 10 points adrift of safety before anything starts to gel or click.

£8m and a decent lb would be the least we should be getting for Johnson, things will get ugly if they take £6m and we don't bring anyone decent in by midweek.

Last edited:
So why are you rabbiting on like a transfer committee? Discuss football and transfers and have your say but repeating the same thing day after day is just tiresome.
That’s just the problem Polly…the problems are the same day after day…if something had improved then the conversation would’ve change with it.
Nothing is getting sorted!

That’s just the problem Polly…the problems are the same day after day…if something had improved then the conversation would’ve change with it.
Nothing is getting sorted!

You might be right but you might be wrong, we just don't know.

We'll find out soon.

So why are you rabbiting on like a transfer committee? Discuss football and transfers and have your say but repeating the same thing day after day is just tiresome.
I'm not; I'm simply reacting to events as they unfold.

Today it's the Brennan Johnson story.

Yesterday it was the rumour than we have abandoned the pursuit of Buchanan.

The other day it was the cancellation of the Burnley game.

I'm not repeating the same every day; I'm reacting to new events.

My opinion isn't changing. Guess why that is?

Is it just possible that the clamour for signings in the past is what has led to the likes of Bong, Jenks, Arter, Freeman etc costing us millions for very little in return.
If it's a choice between Richardson at LB or another desperate signing of another Bong, then it's the homegrown kid for me.

You might be right but you might be wrong, we just don't know.

We'll find out soon.
I agree that i and others have not got a scooby about what’s going on behind the scenes all we can do is comment on what’s reported by anyone and everyone.
hopefully there is some fantastic stuff going on but the evidence from previous seasons and of so far this season, on face value, its not looking good.

Is it just possible that the clamour for signings in the past is what has led to the likes of Bong, Jenks, Arter, Freeman etc costing us millions for very little in return.
If it's a choice between Richardson at LB or another desperate signing of another Bong, then it's the homegrown kid for me.
Nonsense.

"Clamour". What does that look like?

Have we had fans outside the club offices protesting with placards demanding signings?

Or a few blokes on a few forums no one reads talking about what new players are needed?

Seriously, how on earth do you link forest fans to the signing of Gaetan Bong?

Some people just want to blame fans for everything. It's the same at every club. Whenever forest are shit at home, it's always "the fans put too much pressure on the players, the fans get on their backs". Yeah; that one doesn't work anymore; forest have been utter dogshit at home for over 12 months without a single fan there