2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 104 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

How longs he got left on his current contract? If its 2 years keep him till January then offer him a new one, if he says no start listening to offers. He won't be going to a prem side and playing regularly, either a loan back to the championship or sporadic games on the bench.

Hefele has retired due to medical reasons
That's really tough. What a shame.

Really sad it didn't work for him here; he looked absolutely immense in some of the games he played (and a bit more haphazard in others).

I wonder if his "banishment" might have been more injury related?

All the best to him for whatever post football career he pursues, he was a real character

Really sad it didn't work for him here; he looked absolutely immense in some of the games he played (and a bit more haphazard in others).

All the best to him for whatever post football career he pursues, he was a real character
Ability aside he always worked hard and at least tried to earn his wage. And he certainly wasn’t the worst player we have signed in recent years.

Hefele's attitude was tremendous.; even when it was patently clear he was not wanted he made it clear he was ready and available should the club need him in any capacity.

He was used for the Under 23's on a couple of occasions and said it was not only his duty to play for them but it was a privilege.

Top man.

Forest would get a packet of Quavers and a can of diet coke for Brennan on the basis of the costs to the academy of "producing" him.

If the tribunal goes really well you might get a multi pack or Freddos as well

Going back a few years , but Burnley got over £11 million in total from Liverpool for Ings. No doubt we would lose out, but depends how much we want to keep him for a season , and whether or not we are being offered more than a million or two for him now.

Hefele's attitude was tremendous.; even when it was patently clear he was not wanted he made it clear he was ready and available should the club need him in any capacity.

He was used for the Under 23's on a couple of occasions and said it was not only his duty to play for them but it was a privilege.

Top man.
What rarity nowadays, real shame for the guy he had to retire early. Probably do ok as a manager, seems a decent intelligent guy.

Going back a few years , but Burnley got over £11 million in total from Liverpool for Ings. No doubt we would lose out, but depends how much we want to keep him for a season , and whether or not we are being offered more than a million or two for him now.
Ings was 23 and a Premier League regular. On top of that £3.6m was because of a 20% sell on fee.

Johnson has only played at league one level so while we may still get a decent sell on, the odds on us seeing more than £1m upfront are slim to non-existent if it goes to tribunal.

I would give him til two weeks before the deadline and if he has not signed I would look to sell.

Ings was 23 and a Premier League regular. On top of that £3.6m was because of a 20% sell on fee.

Johnson has only played at league one level so while we may still get a decent sell on, the odds on us seeing more than £1m upfront are slim to non-existent if it goes to tribunal.

I would give him til two weeks before the deadline and if he has not signed I would look to sell.

I'm not comparing Johnson with Ings. It's just clear that the tribunal is clearly capable of awarding more than a bag of crisps, and with a 20% sell on clause too. We would probably lose out, and if we got offered ten million, I would take it. For two or three million though, if we think he is good enough to play for us, it may be best to get a season out of him, then take our chances.

I'm not comparing Johnson with Ings. It's just clear that the tribunal is clearly capable of awarding more than a bag of crisps, and with a 20% sell on clause too. We would probably lose out, and if we got offered ten million, I would take it. For two or three million though, if we think he is good enough to play for us, it may be best to get a season out of him, then take our chances.
That’s the thing. I would be surprised if you found anyone going for more than £1m who hadn’t played at Championship level or higher. If it goes to tribunal our only hope is that we get a sell on fee and he moves for big money after that.

Depending on how conversations with him go we may end up having to accept what we may otherwise consider to be poor offers.

He is a full international as well, that would add a little in a tribunal situation. Bit of a shit situation though, you'd like to see a little loyalty to the club that's nurtured him but that's a thing you rarely see. If he just signed a 3 year deal with a decent buy out clause we'd be better off and he'd probably do just as well, his dad wants him on higher wages but he may be a nomad being loaned every season and never realising his potential. Then he may find the bigger wages hard to come by later in his career, if he stays has a good season his stock will rise and a team maybe wanting to sign him to actually want him to play.

He has played at International level as well; that should add a bit more to his value.

Hes got 3 years of his cotract left i think and we wont replace what he will bring with the cash we would get. No need for him to sign an extension, just get on with playing either in the first team or the reserves. Sod the few million quid

He has played at International level as well; that should add a bit more to his value.
I would guess £250k at most although it may get us another add on. Because of Wales’ ranking and how few caps he has I can’t see it being much more than that.

I can understand the lure of a big club but a season in the Championship with us would probably do him more good than moving.

Hes got 3 years of his cotract left i think and we wont replace what he will bring with the cash we would get. No need for him to sign an extension, just get on with playing either in the first team or the reserves. Sod the few million quid
Think it’s 1 not 3.

If we could get Brennan's dad on the adjudication panel, I reckon we could get £100 mil for him.

Transfermarkt doesn't show an end of contract date for BJ. Interestingly they value him at £360K, as compared with £2.25 for Buchanan.

Think it’s 1 not 3.

Johnson has two years remaining.

It is an interesting dilemma for Johnson; he could go to a top PL club and not see first team action for two or three years; he could go to a lower half PL team and risk ending up back in this division next season, or he could sign an extension, get his head down, concentrate on his game and pick and chose what he does in say two years time.

I was told he has some good people around him giving him the right advice; one can only assume his Father is not in that number.