2021 Pre Season | Page 12 | Vital Football

2021 Pre Season

Our youth team looked better against their seniors than it did against their youth team. A dull last 10/15 mins

A game that will be noted more for who didn't play - Hart, Reggie, Sess, Aurier, Doherty, Tanguy, Lamela etc

The next game will be more telling.

Tanganga the elder statesman with the armband. Parrott had to keep coming deep. I want to see him with a quality MF giving him service. One decent attack by Troy.

Was Scarletts goal offside ?

What I took from last night was Skipp is definitely ready for our first 11 he was outstanding. I was not so happy with Ali's performance. Everyone is saying he is back but he was not great for me. Berg is rapid and apart from his lay off to son is a headless chicken. Whiteman is better than Joe. John, Scarlett and Parrott look like they can push for first team minutes as well as a couple of others. I am not saying to much because it was a pre season and pre seasons are all about fitness. We playe against a inferior team who we should be beating easily. When we play Chelsea then we will see

Thought Winks looked very poor, Bergy looked average but the rest did well.
I'm wondering after this game and the clipped, 1st time through pass for Dane in the game against Orient and his central dribbles; are we seeing the conversion of Moura to more like a number ten than a winger?

Jose implemented it a few times last season. I know he, like Dele are marmite to our supporters but I like Moura and think there are ten who should go before we even get to mentioning his name.

He is direct, scares players, can head, finish and pass. Gives so much more (111 goals in 511 games) than someone like Adama Traore. (25 goals in 281 games). I feel he is underrated by a section of our support.

I'm wondering after this game and the clipped, 1st time through pass for Dane in the game against Orient and his central dribbles; are we seeing the conversion of Moura to more like a number ten than a winger?

Jose implemented it a few times last season. I know he, like Dele are marmite to our supporters but I like Moura and think there are ten who should go before we even get to mentioning his name.

He is direct, scares players, can head, finish and pass. Gives so much more (111 goals in 511 games) than someone like Adama Traore. (25 goals in 281 games). I feel he is underrated by a section of our support.

Do you not think you're just seeing a flat track bully against mush inferior opposition than we normally play? I can see Moura having his uses in ECL though.

No doubt about it though, when we took off Berg, Moura, Dele and Son it became a much easier game for Colchester. We hardly troubled them after that and couldn't retain possession or create chances.

I worry about our attacking options.

What I took from last night was Skipp is definitely ready for our first 11 he was outstanding. I was not so happy with Ali's performance. Everyone is saying he is back but he was not great for me. Berg is rapid and apart from his lay off to son is a headless chicken. Whiteman is better than Joe. John, Scarlett and Parrott look like they can push for first team minutes as well as a couple of others. I am not saying to much because it was a pre season and pre seasons are all about fitness. We playe against a inferior team who we should be beating easily. When we play Chelsea then we will see
Pretty much this, I thought Paskotsi looked promising too.

Lucas has made 103 apps in the Premiership for Spurs.

Scoring 17 goals with 9 assists.

That is a crap return.

Nile John was the stand out for me, he's tipped for the very top of the game - been told that consistently for years now.

Last two games seem to indicate he does have it in him to step up.

I hope so; of course he's still got plenty of growing up and out to do yet, but if I was scouting and recommending a youngster to grab now, he'd be the one.

Do you not think you're just seeing a flat track bully against mush inferior opposition than we normally play? I can see Moura having his uses in ECL though.

No doubt about it though, when we took off Berg, Moura, Dele and Son it became a much easier game for Colchester. We hardly troubled them after that and couldn't retain possession or create chances.

I worry about our attacking options.

Strangely enough, the attacker in our team that I worry about the most is Kane. It was refreshing yesterday to watch one of our matches without our strolling focal point.
Lucas has made 103 apps in the Premiership for Spurs.

Scoring 17 goals with 9 assists.

That is a crap return.

1 in 4 for a goal involvement, from a wideman isn't bad. We have worshipped players at Spurs with lesser records, (Modric only scored 13 in 127, Ginola 13 in 100, Ruel Fox 13 in 95) Even Anderton only scored double his amount in nearly three times the number of games (34 in 299), Moura's numbers are fine in comparison.

Strangely enough, the attacker in our team that I worry about the most is Kane. It was refreshing yesterday to watch one of our matches without our strolling focal point.

1 in 4 for a goal involvement, from a wideman isn't bad. We have worshipped players at Spurs with lesser records, (Modric only scored 13 in 127, Ginola 13 in 100, Ruel Fox 13 in 95) Even Anderton only scored double his amount in nearly three times the number of games (34 in 299), Moura's numbers are fine in comparison.

He has played as a striker in quite a lot of games. He hasn't always been played as a winger.

All so you are comparing us when we were at our worst and best.

Nile John was the stand out for me, he's tipped for the very top of the game - been told that consistently for years now.

Last two games seem to indicate he does have it in him to step up.

I hope so; of course he's still got plenty of growing up and out to do yet, but if I was scouting and recommending a youngster to grab now, he'd be the one.

He definitely imposes himself on games more than I've seen White do. John reminds me a little of Kante. Just has that little more energy than everyone else. Rose was like that at his prime.

John, Scarlett, Son, and whoever we bring in when we sell Kane...that is our attacking future.

Lucas actually has looked pretty good pulling the strings...my issue is can he stay healthy, but I like what I am seeing so far.

Berg...I just dont' see it yet...I said it in an earlier post...usually he makes a good initial move...then it falls apart...RIGHT WHEN YOU NEED him to finish the deal. Yes he can run fast...cool...but his technical ability are substandard and erratic. (kind of like a shit version of Son)

Maybe the kid we are trading Lamela for can be the goods?