2021 Pre Season | Vital Football

2021 Pre Season

Pre season dates to keep an eye on;
• Leyton Orient (a), Saturday 17 July, KO 15:00
• Colchester United (a), Wednesday 21 July, KO 19:45
• MK Dons (a), Wednesday 28 July, KO 19:45
Chelsea away (Wednesday 4 August)
Arsenal at home (Sunday 8 August)

The first 3 games are to be streaming on Spurs TV for free, not sure about the last 2.

League starts on 15th of August at home to City.

ECL draw is on 2nd August, with the 2 legs to be played on 19th & 26th of August.

Last edited:
Seen some clips of the lads are doing some basic acceleration work today. Our players were shocking at the 50/50s last season so can only be a good thing.

twop new fitness coaches commented to someone I know that they reviewed all the key stats and started working with them and thought ALL were way below what they expected, even now.

I know it's possibly the new guys wanting to make a mark, but they're professionals and comments that one may have made to a coaching friend were sickening to hear to me. We will all have our prejudices/bias about Jose, but this confirms what I was hearing last season that most of the 'training sessions' were just defence against attack and little else.

twop new fitness coaches commented to someone I know that they reviewed all the key stats and started working with them and thought ALL were way below what they expected, even now.

I know it's possibly the new guys wanting to make a mark, but they're professionals and comments that one may have made to a coaching friend were sickening to hear to me. We will all have our prejudices/bias about Jose, but this confirms what I was hearing last season that most of the 'training sessions' were just defence against attack and little else.

From what we saw I would say it's 100% certainty that's the case. Which shows what a moron Jose is.

Doing basic fitness work with some decent acceleration and agility work will go down a treat.

After the closed season I would expect the priority to be getting back into shape. But some players may need extra focus. Nuno has to combine this with assessment of ability so it can't be easy. Are there any players he must decide stay or go ? Loan out or break through into the first team. Or have those decisions already been made ?

After the closed season I would expect the priority to be getting back into shape. But some players may need extra focus. Nuno has to combine this with assessment of ability so it can't be easy. Are there any players he must decide stay or go ? Loan out or break through into the first team. Or have those decisions already been made ?

I would guess very few decisions have been made. There is no point because if you can't find buyers then you have to make them feel loved anyway. That could easily happen with Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela etc even though they appear to be in the departure lounge.

The good news is that Nuno has had a few years of sparring with Spurs in the Prem League, and therefore knows most of our players pretty well.

I think what Nuno will first be looking for is which of the youngsters can stand up to be counted in our next campaign. That is what this phase of pre-season is about.

Good point , which of our youngsters is closest to PL standard ? And who would they displace?
Skipp is possibly the best and could replace Winks or Hojbjerg.
CCV has operated at Championship level regularly and consistently, I don't think he is far off Rodons level.
Sessegnon might be ready now to replace Regulion but not Davies who is a better defender.
Scarlett and Devine are highly thought of and could break through ?

Good point , which of our youngsters is closest to PL standard ? And who would they displace?
Skipp is possibly the best and could replace Winks or Hojbjerg.
CCV has operated at Championship level regularly and consistently, I don't think he is far off Rodons level.
Sessegnon might be ready now to replace Regulion but not Davies who is a better defender.
Scarlett and Devine are highly thought of and could break through ?

I say fuck it and give them all a squad place.

I say fuck it and give them all a squad place.

In fairness that would be fun to see, we're allowed 25 in our first team squad, but we can have as many u-21's as we like - it would be quite something to see a 40 man squad ..!

I can just picture Harvey White doing his best impression of Ray Winstone and telling Sissoko "I'm the Daddy now" :LOL:

First friendly is against Leyton Orient at 15.00 tomorrow ( Saturday, ). It's free on Spurs TV but you will need to sign up to the Spurs Website maybe ? I have just in case.